2023 draft prospects 49ers have met with thread

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

He also tore his pec, too, didn't he? I think read he will be full go for training camp, but I wonder if that bumps him down to round 6. PFF doesn't even know who Mapu is and isn't listed on their big board or in their draft simulator. TDN has him 138 overall and a Mock draft Database has him at 301 in their consensus big board. 

With 8 day 3 picks, if they fall in love with a day 3 prospect, they'll get the guy(s) they want. Mapu seems like a good bet to be a day 3 target for us.

He did tear his pec. I'm assuming that it won't be a big deal. That injury has happened before and I don't think it really impacts draft slot given recovery time. Billy price is the one that springs immediately to mind. 

The Draft Network likes his versatility, coverage skills, and leadership. They don't like his tackling or ball production. 

Also, he tested really poorly: https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17296&ovl=Arizona

Small hands, short arms, slow straight-line speed, bad agility, and bad explosion. I'm wondering if he tested while being hurt since he was a well-regarded track athlete coming out of high school.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Draft Network likes his versatility, coverage skills, and leadership. They don't like his tackling or ball production. 

Also, he tested really poorly: https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17296&ovl=Arizona

Small hands, short arms, slow straight-line speed, bad agility, and bad explosion. I'm wondering if he tested while being hurt since he was a well-regarded track athlete coming out of high school.

Okay, so clearly safety is super high on the list for us. 

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

How do you think he'd do in the wide 9? Do you have anyone else you like in our wide 9 on the edge?

I think he'd be fine. Reminds me a little of Ebukam in terms of his profile. Or Boye Mafe to some extent. He's a guy I'd take over someone like Isaiah McGuire for this defense if you're really looking for an edge guy. 

Really nice break down by Steph. Here are some interesting nuggets:

• Kei'Trel Clark, CB - 49ers are showing a lot of interest
  • KJ Henry, EDGE - Spoke with 49ers "most" at Clemson Pro Day
  • Jake Moody, K / Chad Ryland, K - Private workout with 49ers
  • Anders Carlson, K - Private workout with Brian Schneider
  • Jake Andrews, C - Met with at Senior Bowl, was an "in-depth" meeting. Also met with him multiple times at Troy
  • Juice Scruggs, C - Met with at Combine. Has "spent time" with 49ers pre-draft
  • Izzy Abanikanda, RB - Met "formally" at Combine. Met with 49rs night before Pitt's Pro Day
  • Camerun Peoples, RB - Met with all 32 teams at Senior Bowl. Met with 49ers at App State Pro Day
  • Tanner McCalister, S - Met with at Hula Bowl multiple times
  • Jammie Robinson, S - Met with at Combine, was a meeting that "stood out"
  • Christian Young, S - Spoke with 49ers last week of February. "Strong interest" from 49ers
  • Jaiden Woodbey, S/LB - Met with at Shrine Bowl, set to have a "formal" meeting with 49ers at his Pro Day
  • Jamal Turner, TE - Met "extensively" with 49ers
  • Zach Kuntz, TE - Met with at Combine, recently had a zoom meeting with TE coach
  • Boogie Knight, WR - in "constant contact" with 49ers
  • Demario Douglas, WR - Met with "formally" at the combine. 49ers showing "a lot of interest"
  • Kazmeir Allen, WR/RB - Met with at Shrine Bowl, 49ers held private workout in March

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'd be fine. Reminds me a little of Ebukam in terms of his profile. Or Boye Mafe to some extent. He's a guy I'd take over someone like Isaiah McGuire for this defense if you're really looking for an edge guy. 

I liked Mafe quite a bit, so I too would be glad to get Diaby.

18 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Really nice break down by Steph. Here are some interesting nuggets:

• Kei'Trel Clark, CB - 49ers are showing a lot of interest
  • KJ Henry, EDGE - Spoke with 49ers "most" at Clemson Pro Day
  • Jake Moody, K / Chad Ryland, K - Private workout with 49ers
  • Anders Carlson, K - Private workout with Brian Schneider
  • Jake Andrews, C - Met with at Senior Bowl, was an "in-depth" meeting. Also met with him multiple times at Troy
  • Juice Scruggs, C - Met with at Combine. Has "spent time" with 49ers pre-draft
  • Izzy Abanikanda, RB - Met "formally" at Combine. Met with 49rs night before Pitt's Pro Day
  • Camerun Peoples, RB - Met with all 32 teams at Senior Bowl. Met with 49ers at App State Pro Day
  • Tanner McCalister, S - Met with at Hula Bowl multiple times
  • Jammie Robinson, S - Met with at Combine, was a meeting that "stood out"
  • Christian Young, S - Spoke with 49ers last week of February. "Strong interest" from 49ers
  • Jaiden Woodbey, S/LB - Met with at Shrine Bowl, set to have a "formal" meeting with 49ers at his Pro Day
  • Jamal Turner, TE - Met "extensively" with 49ers
  • Zach Kuntz, TE - Met with at Combine, recently had a zoom meeting with TE coach
  • Boogie Knight, WR - in "constant contact" with 49ers
  • Demario Douglas, WR - Met with "formally" at the combine. 49ers showing "a lot of interest"
  • Kazmeir Allen, WR/RB - Met with at Shrine Bowl, 49ers held private workout in March

OK, if we draft this guy can we all agree now to call him Dirk Diggler? 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Judging by his terrible, terrible RAS score and testing, as well neither PFF nor The Draft Network having any information on him, drafting him would be a huge mistake. 

Everyone is blessed with one special thing my dude. 

• Like 3