2023 draft prospects 49ers have met with thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We are bringing in a ton of late round talent in general. We haven't brought in a single player that I've looked at and thought that they were going to go before we are up on the clock. Maybe it doesn't mean anything and any interest they have in guys higher up the boards is being kept quiet, but right now it certainly feels like our intention is not really to move up the draft board much of move Lance for a pick. 

Agreed. Still surprised not to see more of the expected third rounder types. Last year we had Dylan Parham, Drake Jackson, and Jaquan Brisker for an official visit in addition to other contacts that made it very likely one of them was going to be the second round pick. I'd be expecting to see more Jammie Robinsons and Tucker Krafts and Blake Freelands and such, but none of them are in yet. Mostly looks like 5th round guys and 7th round guys and priority UDFAs so far. And the only Lance trade fuel has been the many DTR contacts. Could be that they are wanting to package some of the earlier draft capital for a specific target that they don't want to give away? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Agreed. Still surprised not to see more of the expected third rounder types. Last year we had Dylan Parham, Drake Jackson, and Jaquan Brisker for an official visit in addition to other contacts that made it very likely one of them was going to be the second round pick. I'd be expecting to see more Jammie Robinsons and Tucker Krafts and Blake Freelands and such, but none of them are in yet. Mostly looks like 5th round guys and 7th round guys and priority UDFAs so far. And the only Lance trade fuel has been the many DTR contacts. Could be that they are wanting to package some of the earlier draft capital for a specific target that they don't want to give away? 

It is interesting that we seem to be using our top-30 visits on guys at the back end of the draft. We also haven't had any top 30 visits with CB prospects. It feels like the pattern is to meet with day 2 prospects at the combine and pro-days and spend top 30 visits and pro-day meets on day 3 / UDFA prospects. 

Lynch was right when he said they're evaluating this draft in reverse order, which makes me think we could uncover a gem or two that other teams will miss out on. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Heck yeah I’m a fan of Johnson. I was also a fan of Trey Sermon though lol. 

As was I. Cannot endorse any Longhorns, though. My Sooner blood rebels at the slightest suggestion. 🤢

I rather like Tyjae Spears of Tulane. 

EDIT: However, I can readily endorse Willis! I am excited that the 9ers have him on their radar. I remember watching the first few Sooner games (you know, the ones we actually won? 😖 ) and thinking the 9ers certainly could use him. 

Has any other coach betrayed his former team in college football like Riley did the Sooners? Probably not because there wasn't such a lose and open portal--I hate it. Yup, it's going to sting for awhile. And you will hear about it from time to time. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

51 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We do need a legit #2 RB. Mason might be better in small doses. TDP I guess is fine for a 4th RB. 

Mitchell has the skill but is too injury prone to rely on even as a backup

I just hope we don't waste another 3rd rounder on a RB 

I want to know what Jordan Mason needs to do to earn more carries.. he's like that video of a moose running through 6 foot deep snow

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, adamq said:

I want to know what Jordan Mason needs to do to earn more carries.. he's like that video of a moose running through 6 foot deep snow

I can't speak to pass protection or whatever, but Mason has been an absolute monster with the ball in his hand every time he gets to touch it. He sealed multiple games last year with a mammoth ypc when everyone knew we would run and when he had to go through contact. And he sounded like a solid pass catching option from all camp description. And I can't imagine that pass protection will be a problem physically because he's huge. It feels like the Mostert thing where team opinion on expected role is really making them miss the patently obvious.

• Like 3