2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If we stay in the 3rd round...I could see them trading up into the 2nd. 

I've started leaning more and more into thinking that they will do this as well. 

To get into the late second it would require all three of our thirds, but I'm curious if they try and trade two this year and one next year to move into the second if they can. 

We have 3 thirds this year, another three next year and two the year after that. We will also have first and second round picks next year. 

Wouldn't not surprise me at all if they made a super aggressive play to get into the second this year. 

I'm not sure if I agree with it (I think this draft kind of sucks so I'd rather just throw as many darts as I can), but I could see how they may have a guy with a pretty high grade who could slip to the end of round 2 that they may really want. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If there is a team to look out for with regards to a Trey Lance trade, it's probably the Colts. They had the blue jersey thing of lance in their draft evaluation and it's still same GM (basically their version of the gold helmet). They are picking #4, and may end up at best being able to take the 4th best QB in the draft, so ultimately it may be more enticing for them to take the best non QB in the draft and maybe grab Lance for cheaper (similar to what we did when we traded for Jimmy). 

I don't think the 49ers would do it, just because i think that this puts the team in a weird spot throughout the off season with regards to the QB position, but something worth monitoring and if the niners could make a deal that somehow net them pick 35, I think that they would definitely be paying attention. 

I've been thinking this as well and for the same reason. The fact that Trey has been in a pro building for 2 years and is still 22 has got to be pretty enticing to some out there.

I'd definitely trade my 1st rather than drafting Levis, that's for sure. I don't expect us to get any offer that would be worth doing though at this point. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If we stay in the 3rd round...I could see them trading up into the 2nd. 

I was playing around using the draft value chart…..it would take a ton to move into the 2nd, but we may do it. I could see us moving up in the later rounds as well.

22 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Whoever that dude is took you out of context…….but make know mistake…….you are crazy lol.

That's also the dude who told me that McG is more athletic than Blake Freeland, so I may have to mute that guy

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Someone please read this thread and tell me if I'm crazy here LOL

I agree with him on they're not releasing or trading Deebo, I've been saying this for months, we can afford the likes of CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, AA, now Hargrave, Dre, Fred, & Warner long term, plus Hufanga & Banks. Key its low cap hits years 1 & 2, that's how it will happen, plus the cap is exploding by 2026 when it'll be over $300M.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

I agree with him on they're not releasing or trading Deebo, I've been saying this for months, we can afford the likes of CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, AA, now Hargrave, Dre, Fred, & Warner long term, plus Hufanga & Banks. Key its low cap hits years 1 & 2, that's how it will happen, plus the cap is exploding by 2026 when it'll be over $300M.

I'm the one saying that to keep both now because they can afford them both. Then release/ trade deebo in 2025 if needed when aiyuk hits go up.  He's basically saying it's more likely that we trade aiyuk now than it is that we release / trade deebo in 2025. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I'm the one saying that to keep both now because they can afford them both. Then release/ trade deebo in 2025 if needed when aiyuk hits go up.  He's basically saying it's more likely that we trade aiyuk now than it is that we release / trade deebo in 2025. 

Oh ok, I didn't look at the entire thread, yeah we're not trading Aiyuk or Deebo. I also think Deebo has his deal restructured in 2024, which would make it near impossible to move Deebo in 2025, the cap will be in the $280M range in 2025.

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

Oh ok, I didn't look at the entire thread, yeah we're not trading Aiyuk or Deebo. I also think Deebo has his deal restructured in 2024, which would make it near impossible to move Deebo in 2025, the cap will be in the $280M range in 2025.

I think it'll largely depend on what deebo looks like next year and potentially the year after. I am not bullish on his long term viability, so I think by 24/25 the team may just want out of the deebo market which is why I think they are going to do it this way.

But cutting him is the worst case scenario and it's not even that bad in 2025 when he's almost 30. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

I've been thinking this as well and for the same reason. The fact that Trey has been in a pro building for 2 years and is still 22 has got to be pretty enticing to some out there.

I'd definitely trade my 1st rather than drafting Levis, that's for sure. I don't expect us to get any offer that would be worth doing though at this point. 

Why wouldn't Houston do it? Give up a 2nd this year and next and pick up Anderson to be their Bosa. Slowik and Ryans already know him so the transition would be easier.