2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically......It will be on Trey to hold on to the top spot. Kyle would still prefer for Trey to win the job and be THE guy. While he knows he can win with Brock, he's not blind to some of his limitations. 

Yeah with this quote, and him not being nearly as optimistic as we were about Brock being back for the year, I was dead wrong. Trey isn't going anywhere right now 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

LaPorta makes a lot of sense for the Niners. Especially if we only roll with 3 TE. We'd need more of a finished product with some polish over raw upside.

If we re-signed Kroft or signed a guy like Maxx Williams, I think we could take a guy like Tucker Kraft in the draft to be the 4th TE who is a little more raw but has some intriguing upside as both a receiver and blocker.

LaPorta would be the dream for me.. there are just so many quality TEs in this draft you'd think one would drop to us in the late 3rd, but the Niners would still probably need to move up if they want one of the top 6 guys 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically......It will be on Trey to hold on to the top spot. Kyle would still prefer for Trey to win the job and be THE guy. While he knows he can win with Brock, he's not blind to some of his limitations. 

Meanwhile Lance doesn't even get all the first team reps lmfao. He's going to split with Darnold 😂

What are the chances that Darnold actually wins that job over Lance? Close to 50/50? Or 1/3?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Meanwhile Lance doesn't even get all the first team reps lmfao. He's going to split with Darnold 😂

What are the chances that Darnold actually wins that job over Lance? Close to 50/50? Or 1/3?

Darnold is not winning any competition and I doubt they split reps evenly. Darnold could not even beat out Mayfield last year. He's a good soldier that is harmless as I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Biggest thing is Purdy's health and when he will be ready to go. Lance has they keys to the job as of now and it is on him to hold on to it. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Darnold is not winning any competition and I doubt they split reps evenly. Darnold could not even beat out Mayfield last year. He's a good soldier that is harmless as I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Biggest thing is Purdy's health and when he will be ready to go. Lance has they keys to the job as of now and it is on him to hold on to it. 

Of course, they could just think lance is even worse than that good soldier. Guess we are going to find out. 

Just now, Forge said:

Of course, they could just think lance is even worse than that good soldier. Guess we are going to find out. 

I do think part of the way they have been doing this is to motivate Trey and they probably feel he's a little too nice himself. But there is damn near nothing Sam will be able to do to beat out Trey....Because it's not going to be a true competition. Kyle is still going to give Trey his shot to be THE guy. And if he shows he is not, then you just cut your losses and move on. 

• Like 1

What is it with Bay Area sports teams and being exhausting?

49ers - successful but always bordering on a train wreck 

Warriors  - Dynasty but most obnoxious fans and constant drama for years

sharks - perpetual disappointment 

giants - offseasons from hell

Earthquake - apparently trash

A’s - actually trash 

Purdy took over the job in December and improved upon a 30 year old veteran who had been in the system for 5 years

Darnold is a 5 year vet who has looked decent under worse supporting casts

I don't think either of them need a lot of reps as the #1 QB in the offseason. You let Trey be QB1 all offseason and if he flops, give it to Purdy if healthy, Darnold if not 

Let Trey sink or swim

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John232 said:

What is it with Bay Area sports teams and being exhausting?

49ers - successful but always bordering on a train wreck 

Warriors  - Dynasty but most obnoxious fans and constant drama for years

sharks - perpetual disappointment 

giants - offseasons from hell

Earthquake - apparently trash

A’s - actually trash 

They are not wrong about the Sharks lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Best part about this off season is that worst case we are back at this again. QB tour of 2024 off another NFCCG loss....

Sorry guys lol

Nah, that would just be the summer of Kirk cousins where Kyle finally gets his man

• Like 2