Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In all reality, I kinda feel bad for the fans. Y'all had a very good thing going on and b/c of this one guy, it looks like it's going to crash as fast as it created.

Can these actions be looked at highly by other teams who may be interested in his services? Seems like a lot of extra baggage 

If I was a Baltimore fan, I'd be sincerely happy about Lamar feeling desperate enough to need to leak this. If he had a real market, he'd be quiet as a churchmouse.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Jets have already signed Rodgers' favorite targets AND Nathaniel Hackett lol they're all-in on Rodgers

I don’t think Allen Lazard should or will guide the Jets decision making process. From the Jets perspective if the Packers are asking for a FRP + more, trading for Lamar won’t cost them more in terms of cash or draft capital. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If I was a Baltimore fan, I'd be sincerely happy about Lamar feeling desperate enough to need to leak this. If he had a real market, he'd be quiet as a churchmouse.

How would Lamar know if there’s a market when he hasn’t signed the tag, so he can’t negotiate with other teams, and he doesn’t have an agent to assess interest around the league? Lamar signing an offer sheet with another team is/was never a realistic outcome. There has only been one player in NFL history to sign with another team while under the non exclusive tag and actually play for them. 

This to me screams that he understands they’re not going to get a deal done and wants to put pressure on the Ravens to either cave to his contract demands or trade him. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don’t think Allen Lazard should or will guide the Jets decision making process. From the Jets perspective if the Packers are asking for a FRP + more, trading for Lamar won’t cost them more in terms of cash or draft capital. 

I think the Jets would have signed Hackett regardless of Rodgers. History with Saleh, and they wanted someone experienced, not a first time OC. The Jets ALWAYS hire bad OCs. The idea that Allen Lazard will have any impact on their decisions is… a reach best.

Not a big fan of signing Lamar, but if GB is asking for what their fans think they are, I would look into it. Much bigger window 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How would Lamar know if there’s a market when he hasn’t signed the tag, so he can’t negotiate with other teams, and he doesn’t have an agent to assess interest around the league? Lamar signing an offer sheet with another team is/was never a realistic outcome. There has only been one player in NFL history to sign with another team while under the non exclusive tag and actually play for them. 

This to me screams that he understands they’re not going to get a deal done and wants to put pressure on the Ravens to either cave to his contract demands or trade him. 

Jackson has been able to negotiate with other teams since he was tagged. Hence the NFL's memo to not negotiate with his brother's uncle's former roommate's trainer or whoever that other guy was.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In all reality, I kinda feel bad for the fans. Y'all had a very good thing going on and b/c of this one guy, it looks like it's going to crash as fast as it created.

Can these actions be looked at highly by other teams who may be interested in his services? Seems like a lot of extra baggage 

No offense but I don’t, I still have memories about my team being ripped away from me and given to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Jackson has been able to negotiate with other teams since he was tagged. Hence the NFL's memo to not negotiate with his brother's uncle's former roommate's trainer or whoever that other guy was.

He’s able to negotiate despite not signing the tag? I’d still assume that most teams are hesitant because they know the Ravens are likely going to match 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He’s able to negotiate despite not signing the tag? I’d still assume that most teams are hesitant because they know the Ravens are likely going to match 

Yes, he would only sign the non-exclusive tag if he doesn't find a deal elsewhere.

He would sign an offer sheet with another team that would prompt the process to allow the Ravens to match.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I definitely understand fans frustration with Lamar. He's regressed from 2019, is injury prone, and his contract demands seem unreasonable. 

BUT, that team was pretty stale from 2013-2017. They didn't make the playoffs for 4 out of 5 years and the one year they did, they lost in the divisional round (to the eventual SB champ Patriots). He was a big catalyst into turning them back into a contender.

This is a lose-lose scenario all around

• Like 1