Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's funny seeing the kind of takes a polarized situation like this brings out. Who knew Patrick Mahomes was to blame all along?-    

Lol Mahomes doesn’t owe Lamar anything.

Instead of being like the chiefs an elite organization didn’t give the best player in the league a 100% guaranteed contract, Twitter is like the browns a horrible organization  gave a Deshaun 250 million guaranteed we need to be like the browns😂

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Lol Mahomes doesn’t owe Lamar anything.

Instead of being like the chiefs an elite organization didn’t give the best player in the league a 100% guaranteed contract, Twitter is like the browns a horrible organization  gave a Deshaun 250 million guaranteed we need to be like the browns😂

That pretty much sums it up. Meanwhile, the GM of the Browns right now…

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

26 and 11.

I just rounded games started to the nearest season. If you want me to do it your way with Lamar he would be at 16 and 8.

Lamar has one (barely) 3000 yard passing season. Averages a yard less per pass over their careers. Averages 174 passing yards per game compared to 261 for Watson (who didn't deserve what he got).

Lamar is a mediocre quarterback who is still living off of one season. 125 total TDs (passing and rushing) 38 picks, 42 fumbles. Watson's total TDs aren't that much higher (129) (41 int 31 fumbles) but he has played in and started fewer games.

Neither are top 5 QBs but Lamar isn't top 10. He doesn't deserve paid greater than anyone considering he isn't in the same class as Watson let alone the top 5 guys.

All this has nothing to do with peak value, which is what you commented on. 

When it's all said and done, Lamar will always have one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history. Nothing anyone says will take that away. Not sure if Watson will ever achieve that. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You posted stats for Lamar that Watson himself doesn't even eclipse? Assuming you still want to take away each players best season?

How is he better? I'd love to know what Lamar could of done "Passing" if he had DHop in his prime as his #1 WR. 

You're not paying attention. Lamar's stats were projected over what would be a full season. I didn't try to act like a season where he started 7 games or played in 12 was a full season. Lamar would be 20 TD-10 INT and 2700 yards. Watson would be 26 and 11 with 3700 yards.

I'm not getting into the "what if he had great wide receivers" or if Watson had great defenses or an elite TE" stuff. Just their production. No one is paid in their second contract for those reasons. It's what you have done.

8 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

All this has nothing to do with peak value, which is what you commented on. 

When it's all said and done, Lamar will always have one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history. Nothing anyone says will take that away. Not sure if Watson will ever achieve that. 

4300 total yards combined rushing and passing and 43 total TDS? Those numbers are below the average season for Mahomes.

As far as Watson, Watson has eclipsed his total yards mark multiple times. Not sure if he will ever be MVP or get 43 total TDs but even if he does have a season with 4300 total yards 43 TDs he probably isn't winning MVP.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

4300 total yards combined rushing and passing and 43 total TDS? Those numbers are below the average season for Mahomes.

When you have so many blowouts, there's no need to keep putting up stats in the 2nd half. Also great rushing efficiency yields fewer possessions. Do you understand basic football strategy? Running for 1200 yards at 7 yards/carry just destroys other teams once you have the lead. 

Your attachment to total yards/TD demonstrates your lack of sophistication in understanding how to interpret stats. 

For example, Mahomes has NEVER had at QBR as high as Lamar in 2019, 83 is 4th best season of all time (behind Brady 2007, Manning 2006, and Rodgers 2011). Points per drive stats are awesome as well.  

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I was told repeatedly how good Hollywood Brown was until you all traded him, ironically.

I suppose that’s why he struggled at Louisville per the scouting report coming out as well.

Hollywood Brown was good, but he's not a WR1 like many other QB's have. Great deep threat, though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

When you have so many blowouts, there's no need to keep putting up stats in the 2nd half. Also great rushing efficiency yields fewer possessions. Do you understand basic football strategy? Running for 1200 yards at 7 yards/carry just destroys other teams once you have the lead. 

Your attachment to total yards/TD demonstrates your lack of sophistication in understanding how to interpret stats. 

For example, Mahomes has NEVER had at QBR as high as Lamar in 2019, 83 is 4th best season of all time (behind Brady 2007, Manning 2006, and Rodgers 2011). Points per drive stats are awesome as well.  

QBR is the dumbest stat in sports so I'll ignore that.

Lamar's biggest passing game was in a blowout.

If you're just going off of wins then we have to bring up the defense which only gave up more than 23 points twice (both losses) and held the other team under 20 in 11 of 16 games. In the 4 real blowout wins for the Ravens Lamar had 17 passing TD and no INT. In their 5 one score wins Lamar had 7 TD and 4 INT. Which of those games do you think won him the MVP? The blowouts or the close wins?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Lamar's biggest passing game was in a blowout.

They pulled Lamar at the end of the 3rd quarter in that game. They could have had much more but there was no point in padding stats. 

If you're just going off of wins then we have to bring up the defense which only gave up more than 23 points twice (both losses) and held the other team under 20 in 11 of 16 games. In the 4 real blowout wins for the Ravens Lamar had 17 passing TD and no INT. In their 5 one score wins Lamar had 7 TD and 4 INT. Which of those games do you think won him the MVP? The blowouts or the close wins?

The offense averaged over 33 points per game and over 3 points per drive that year despite Lamar sitting out the last game and sitting out multiple 4th quarters. bUt tHE dEfenSe tHo! 

If you can't recognize the 2019 was one of the great QB seasons in NFL history then your abject hatred of Lamar has clouded your ability to reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

They pulled Lamar at the end of the 3rd quarter in that game. They could have had much more but there was no point in padding stats. 

You said he didn't get better stats because they were in blowouts, I showed you that his best stats were from blowouts and in close games he didn't have good stats. Not sure why you are now debating that he got pulled since that was still his best game and doesn't help your original point at all.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you can't recognize the 2019 was one of the great QB seasons in NFL history then your abject hatred of Lamar has clouded your ability to reason. 

I don't hate Lamar, I root against him because he is in my division. I just debate Lamar supporters who are illogical. 9 times a QB passed for more TDs in a season than Lamar had total TDs in 2019. 119 times a QB passed for more yards than Lamar had passing and rushing that season.

He had a great season which he has never come close to again, somehow that doesn't make me think he should be paid like the GOAT.

• Like 2