Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s an issue because the more you kick restructures down the road the more it’s gonna hurt eventually. 

Sure.  I’ve been hearing of the cap hell the saints will be next year for the better part of a decade now.  

They just signed Carr to a 40 million a year deal. 

At some point we’ll have to clean up the books with a sacrificial year, but I hope we have lots of winning seasons, playoff games and hopefully a championship before then.

• Like 2

If this whole thing doesn’t result in a winning team, the cap won’t matter.  We’ll fire the FO, the coaches, probably trade our high value players for picks and go back to what most have known our whole lives of building for “next year”.

I’m just in no hurry for that.  I have no desire to have to talk myself into another Chuck Frye or Anderception or watch some has been who worked the organization over for one last payday give a “professional effort”’

I’m cool on that ****.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure.  I’ve been hearing of the cap hell the saints will be next year for the better part of a decade now.  

They just signed Carr to a 40 million a year deal. 

At some point we’ll have to clean up the books with a sacrificial year, but I hope we have lots of winning seasons, playoff games and hopefully a championship before then.

The saints lost brees and his massive cap hit. That helped open up some room along with other restructures. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

The saints lost brees and his massive cap hit. That helped open up some room along with other restructures. 

And they just signed a 40 million a year QB.  

At no point in time did they “fix” anything. They’ve been paying guys who’s whole time and trying to compete.  After Brees they paid both Hill and Winston. It’s not like they had a guy on a rookie deal. 

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If this whole thing doesn’t result in a winning team, the cap won’t matter.  We’ll fire the FO, the coaches, probably trade our high value players for picks and go back to what most have known our whole lives of building for “next year”.

I’m just in no hurry for that.  I have no desire to have to talk myself into another Chuck Frye or Anderception or watch some has been who worked the organization over for one last payday give a “professional effort”’

I’m cool on that ****.

Then we should be worried about those 30+ year old eagles lineman we keep hearing that we’re interested in. We’ve seen that so many times. A good player from a championship team comes here gets a huge payday and stinks it up here. 

Jamie Collins, willie McGinnis, Shaun rogers, Dwayne bowe, Kenny Britt, Whitner. It’s happen so many times we should be cautious. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Then we should be worried about those 30+ year old eagles lineman we keep hearing that we’re interested in. We’ve seen that so many times. A good player from a championship team comes here gets a huge payday and stinks it up here. 

Jamie Collins, willie McGinnis, Shaun rogers, Dwayne bowe, Kenny Britt, Whitner. It’s happen so many times we should be cautious. 

Cautious, sure.  That applies to any team, every year.

Bates is motivated to be a Brown because he has a relationship with Watson and will cost less than Johnson did.  Hargrove is too pricey.  Frank Clark who is a native is motivated. Use 2nd pick on DT and BPA on the rest.  Resign Pocic if reasonable and Walker and Bryan. Sign best FA linebacker who makes sense on Schwartz defense.  Browns are all in this year and should spend 30-40M in FA.

6 hours ago, #32 said:

Bates is motivated to be a Brown because he has a relationship with Watson and will cost less than Johnson did.  Hargrove is too pricey.  Frank Clark who is a native is motivated. Use 2nd pick on DT and BPA on the rest.  Resign Pocic if reasonable and Walker and Bryan. Sign best FA linebacker who makes sense on Schwartz defense.  Browns are all in this year and should spend 30-40M in FA.

I like everything but Bates will probably cost 3 million more than Johnson did. But it’d be worth it. 

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m cool on that ****.

Nice

I have said this before and I will keep saying it - you have a top 3 player at his position. It is a KEY POSITION to this offense......

AND YOU ARE WILLING TO LET HIM WALK??????

Are you nucking futs? It is the cost of building a championship team. Case closed.

Resign Pocic. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Don't overthink this. Harris is a yet to be proven player who gets tossed around like a rag doll by average NFL NT's....

Edited by brooks1957

4 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I have said this before and I will keep saying it - you have a top 3 player at his position. It is a KEY POSITION to this offense......

AND YOU ARE WILLING TO LET HIM WALK??????

Are you nucking futs? It is the cost of building a championship team. Case closed.

Resign Pocic. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Don't overthink this. Harris is a yet to be proven player who gets tossed around like a rag doll by average NFL NT's....

I'd like to resign Pocic, but it all depends on money. He's only had one good year and we already have a lot of money invested into the interior OL.

Harris has barely played but looked good vs. Green Bay. But even he'll be a free agent after this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd like to resign Pocic, but it all depends on money. He's only had one good year and we already have a lot of money invested into the interior OL.

Harris has barely played but looked good vs. Green Bay. But even he'll be a free agent after this season.

Respectfully agree to disagree. 

We have heard all off season that Berry can create $93M by restructuring contracts. So then the issue becomes how do you want to spend that money.

I think our difference comes from you having more confidence in Nick Harris than me. Well, it appears we are going to get to see who is more accurate. And I will happily say you were right if that is what happens.

GO BROWNS!