Bears Trade 1.1 to Panthers

CBears019

11 minutes ago, Epyon said:

For the same reason I wasn't mad at trading up for a QB back in the day when we took Trubisky. 

You either have a QB or you don't in this league. And if you don't, you have to do what you have to do in order to get one. Though I hope for Carolina's sake, they choose better than we did when we took the Biscuit, since spending the draft capital and then missing can cripple your franchise for the better half of a decade. 

Philly and Rams got through it okay.  Rams went to SB in spite of QB and Eagles win with him on bench.  

It sucks, but isn’t death sentence everyone assumes.  

Cleveland decided to horde all their picks and passed on QB to stack up talent and it didn’t work either.   Years later they spent all picks on same QB they passed on. 

I think you take your shot if you like a QB and they are within reach.  They are too important not to.   

If you miss, you miss.  

The journeyman carousel is the mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dafreak said:

I know it's not conventional thought but what about taking Bijan at 9? Would help the line and open up the offense even more.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I really really hope not…it would be totally against Poles long term vision of getting quality players at pivotal positions…

Love the player but we don’t have the luxury of taking an RB that high.

I'm kind of with dafreak here... we seem to be a run-based offense and adding a player like Bijan on a rookie deal, in this offense, could be outstanding.

Of course, this is assuming we address OL, DL in free agency to a satisfactory level AND someone like Jalen Carter doesn't fall to 9.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Or would you rather draft Peter Skoronski at #9 and have him play LG? Do you draft an OG that high not named Quenton Nelson?

I don't think I want a guard in the top 10, personally, but I wouldn't hate it overall.  I'd probably rather DL or trade down again.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Or would you rather draft Peter Skoronski at #9 and have him play LG? Do you draft an OG that high not named Quenton Nelson?

Again the positional value is just not there for me at guard…might be good this season but if we are thinking longer term which I believe Poles is then this leads us back down a Roquan road.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

I don't think I want a guard in the top 10, personally, but I wouldn't hate it overall.  I'd probably rather DL or trade down again.

Agreed. So many different ways to play this out, I have no idea what the best "move" is in terms of a collective draft.

I think we're set at WR so I'm not interested in drafting another one in the first 3-4 rounds.

I think we address RT and 3T in free agency, so in the draft I want to draft at least one EDGE and one interior DL. Maybe even two EDGE if the right player falls.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed. So many different ways to play this out, I have no idea what the best "move" is in terms of a collective draft.

I think we're set at WR so I'm not interested in drafting another one in the first 3-4 rounds.

I think we address RT and 3T in free agency, so in the draft I want to draft at least one EDGE and one interior DL. Maybe even two EDGE if the right player falls.

I wouldn't rule out a WR if a good one falls into round 2 but I'm not targeting the position specifically.  I hope Tyree Wilson is available at 9 but I doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm kind of with dafreak here... we seem to be a run-based offense and adding a player like Bijan on a rookie deal, in this offense, could be outstanding.

Of course, this is assuming we address OL, DL in free agency to a satisfactory level AND someone like Jalen Carter doesn't fall to 9.

I have no issue with drafting a HB in the first. I'd rather not do top 10 but I was down for paying for Saquon or Jones so I'm not scared if investing heavily on a RB. Herbert is a damn good #2 but at this point that's really what I see Monty as too. I don't believe any DC actually worries about either of them. 

Get a playmaker back there with Fields, I'd be happy with Robinson or Gibbs, since Gibbs' speed and receiving - combined with Fields' legs- would be a nightmare for defenses 

• Like 1

Stats can be an arbitrary thing to look at but if Jahmyr is valued higher than Bijan for being all purpose instead of pure runner, there was only a 100 yard receiving and 1 receiving td difference between the two, and Bijan averaged 6 more yards per catch than Jahmyr. In the debate of which could help our offense more in multiple facets, I think it might as well just be a coin toss between the two. If we find ourselves with either player, we can’t go wrong. Jahmyr’s biggest advantage over Bijan is speed, but Bijan’s vision and elusiveness is unparalleled 

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Yeah I have absolute faith that Avila, Mauch, or like JMS would be just as satisfactory and available in the second 

• Like 1