Falcons extend G Chris Lindstrom (5 years, $105M)

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, that seems like a major overpay. They could have just tagged him a couple times and replaced him. That 21 mil per year could go further at other positions. 

It's about in line with what the best OG's in the nfl are getting right now honestly.    Nelson signed a 4 year 80 mil  60 guaranteed contract last year.    Thats 20 mil a year and with Lindstroms money this year plus the new contract added on it's a total of 6 years 118 mil and 63 guaranteed.   Thats 19.6 mil a year and 63 guaranteed over 5 years instead of 4 years like Nelsons.      I think it's more so that people just weren't ready for the OG price boom that started about 2 years ago and now this is what it's at lol.    Chris Lindstrom graded as the highest O-lineman in football last year on PFF with all the positions added in including tackle.  So he's right up there with Nelson as far as elite player ability. 

Edited by FalconFan13

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

It's about in line with what the best OG's in the nfl are getting right now honestly.    Nelson signed a 4 year 80 mil  60 guaranteed contract last year.    Thats 20 mil a year and with Lindstroms money this year plus the new contract added on it's a total of 6 years 118 mil and 63 guaranteed.   Thats 19.6 mil a year and 63 guaranteed over 5 years instead of 4 years like Nelsons.      I think it's more so that people just weren't ready for the OG price boom that started about 2 years ago and now this is what it's at lol.    Chris Lindstrom graded as the highest O-lineman in football last year on PFF with all the positions added in including tackle.  So he's right up there with Nelson as far as elite player ability. 

If you're going to include the remaining year from Lindstrom's prior contract, you have to do the same for Nelson, as when Nelson signed his 4 year extension, he still had 1 year left on his deal for $13.75M. Either Nelson signed a 4 year $20M per year extension and Lindstrom signed a 5 year $21M per year extension, or Nelson is under contract for 5 years at $18.8M per year and Lindstrom is under contract for 6 years at $19.6M per year. Otherwise it's a dishonest comparison. And I guarantee it was specifically crafted to be a higher APY than Nelson's deal.

Not disagreeing that the deals are similar, I just hate this desperation every offseason people seem to have to make the deals their teams sign seem lower than they are. It's a lot of money, that's fine. Don't need to make inequitable comparisons to justify it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

If you're going to include the remaining year from Lindstrom's prior contract, you have to do the same for Nelson, as when Nelson signed his 4 year extension, he still had 1 year left on his deal for $13.75M. Either Nelson signed a 4 year $20M per year extension and Lindstrom signed a 5 year $21M per year extension, or Nelson is under contract for 5 years at $18.8M per year and Lindstrom is under contract for 6 years at $19.6M per year. Otherwise it's a dishonest comparison. And I guarantee it was specifically crafted to be a higher APY than Nelson's deal.

Not disagreeing that the deals are similar, I just hate this desperation every offseason people seem to have to make the deals their teams sign seem lower than they are. It's a lot of money, that's fine. Don't need to make inequitable comparisons to justify it.

I actually thought Nelson was coming up on FA and was done with the last year of his deal thats my bad and on me for some reason i thought i remember they was about to franchise him before they gave him his new contract i guess i thought wrong on that.  I thought they locked him in on a new deal right before he was hitting FA. 

Also i think you 100% misunderstood my reasoning on this it had absolutely zero to do with being cheaper or more expensive than Nelson but more so to prove that the top OG's in the league were making about that type of money now.  So even though it might upset you on people doing that i think that somewhat blinded you on the point i was trying to get over instead :D

Edited by FalconFan13