Penny’s on the dollar: Eagles sign RB Penny

EaglesPeteC

Look let's be real. If he  some how some way stayed healthy for 17 games, this might be the steal of the offseason.  Especially playing with Hurts in a RPO. 

Most likely that won't occur. However almost every Eagles fan to a man thought the same thing about Miles Sanders going into 2022. Can't stay healthy!

Stranger things have happened.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Efficiency is great, but obviously he needs to stay healthy. Miles making it through a full season this year and our training staff doing a great job keeping the team as fresh and healthy as they have been in years gives me some faith that this could turn out to be an underrated signing when we look back at it. This doesn’t preclude us from taking another back in the draft, but probably means we aren’t taking any RB in round 1 and probably not the 2nd either.

Well we weren't taking one in round one regardless but ya I agree with what your saying.

Just showing that there is serious upside here if it does all click. That seems like a very longshot but as a one year flyer I am good with it.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Efficiency is great, but obviously he needs to stay healthy. Miles making it through a full season this year and our training staff doing a great job keeping the team as fresh and healthy as they have been in years gives me some faith that this could turn out to be an underrated signing when we look back at it. This doesn’t preclude us from taking another back in the draft, but probably means we aren’t taking any RB in round 1 and probably not the 2nd either.

Lots of good backs that seem like they’ll be there at the back of the 3rd. Think that’d work out great.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well we weren't taking one in round one regardless but ya I agree with what your saying.

I mean I didn’t think so either unless Bijan magically fell to 30, but you had plenty of mock drafters both big and small that were taking him at 10 or in a small trade back.

I definitely thought maybe we take one in the 2nd, but not sure we have to grab one there now. Might save taking the future at RB for next year when we are projected to have like 12 picks right now.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Just showing that there is serious upside here if it does all click. That seems like a very longshot but as a one year flyer I am good with it.

Hopefully this contract is reasonable and since the numbers didn’t come out immediately after signing I have to figure it probably is.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Lots of good backs that seem like they’ll be there at the back of the 3rd. Think that’d work out great.

Yeah the 3rd rounder would be the point I start thinking about RBs. We’ll see who is there, but we don’t have to force it on day 2.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s the right move but I always liked Miles. I hope he does well in stop #2

Same. Miles always came with great positive energy. Never had an attitude or complained when he wasn’t getting enough touches. We obviously did that for him lol. 

My wish before the season since I knew we probably weren’t keeping him was for him to go off and have a big year which he did. Was hoping he would be able to make some decent coin, but doesn’t seem like much money is out there for RBs. The NFL over recent years has learned to stop overspending on draft capital and contracts for RBs.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Miles was always super frustrating to me. Never seem to tap fully into his potential. Not going to miss him. Glad Howie didn’t resign him. Even at a low salary, the frustration would have continued. 

Kind of the same for me. He grew as a runner during his time here, but he was just so frustrating. The turnovers, the injuries... It isn't that I don't like him I just think I am ready for a new direction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Miles was always super frustrating to me. Never seem to tap fully into his potential. Not going to miss him. Glad Howie didn’t resign him. Even at a low salary, the frustration would have continued. 

He couldn't find a rushing lane to save his life in year 1, but caught the ball really well. Year 2 he finally see's the gaping holes he was missing in year 1, but suddenly can 't catch. Year 3 it looks like he's gotten better between the 20's, but just can't get in the redzone and still can't really catch. Year 4 he finally stays healthy and looks the best he has, but really didn't do squat in the playoffs.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Look let's be real. If he  some how some way stayed healthy for 17 games, this might be the steal of the offseason.  Especially playing with Hurts in a RPO. 

Most likely that won't occur. However almost every Eagles fan to a man thought the same thing about Miles Sanders going into 2022. Can't stay healthy!

Stranger things have happened.

Nabbs on 🔥 today. Love it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He couldn't find a rushing lane to save his life in year 1, but caught the ball really well. Year 2 he finally see's the gaping holes he was missing in year 1, but suddenly can 't catch. Year 3 it looks like he's gotten better between the 20's, but just can't get in the redzone and still can't really catch. Year 4 he finally stays healthy and looks the best he has, but really didn't do squat in the playoffs.

He was negative in the SB. Just wasn’t ready. 

Edited by Jroc04