Lions sign RB David Montgomery (3 years, $18M)

RaidersAreOne

Damn. I really like Monty but after watching him the past years he needs a great O-line to be good to great. Exactly what i want the bears to build.

I really hope the Bears bring in Williams now lol

But I feel the rookie Gibbs is going to be the guy for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

A 5'9" RB? 

He’s a threat to take it to the house any time he’s got the ball. I’ll take that……and last time I checked, he was 5’11/200lbs

Monty’s the thunder, Gibbs is the lightning. Swift can’t stay healthy

Edited by Miblue
  • Like 1

Considering price, talent, and fit, this is one of my favourite FA additions. Montgomery is an underrated back, great contact balance, runs hard, and can catch. Here’s never run behind a great OL like Detroits. I think he’ll be great.

Plus, gutting a team in your division is an added bonus. I’ll be rooting for Detroit - they’re like the Bengals of the NFC.

• Like 2

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Considering price, talent, and fit, this is one of my favourite FA additions. Montgomery is an underrated back, great contact balance, runs hard, and can catch. Here’s never run behind a great OL like Detroits. I think he’ll be great.

Plus, gutting a team in your division is an added bonus. I’ll be rooting for Detroit - they’re like the Bengals of the NFC.

Big Cats of the North

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Danger said:

Seems like a JAG to me. Kind of mediocre at everything. Just draft some dude in round 4 if you wanted to sign Montgomery and save some cash.

I mean, he is kinda Just A Guy.  But you could do a lot worse with a mid-round rookie.  Montgomery isn't spectacular, but he's really solid all around.  He'll take all the yards that are on the field.  I think that counts for something.

Surprising to me that Detroit didn't just stick with Williams though.  He seemed to fit well there, and he has a bit more of an "identity" as a runner.