GDT - Panthers @ Saints - Revenge Game? More like SWEEEEEEP

Dome

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

This is why I laugh when people bring up the fact that his stats are inflated in this offense. It’s  irrelevant.

Just watch him rather than look at box scores, the guy is unbelievable. You can totally ignore his stats and see that this guys a special talent.

Did you see how mad Kuechly was when AK fought through the contact when he scored? He couldn’t believe it. Kuechly praised him before he game, and still got a little forget-me-not to remember him by as well.

Yes, the eye test is what I judge him by, and it looks elite.

The stats should be secondary, IMO, and while his YPC for that many touches are insane and worthy of mention, they're gonna go down when he becomes the number 1 back.  That doesn't mean he won't be elite, just that he won't be getting 7 YPC.  And I understand why some people think he's getting good stats ONLY because he's not the number 1.  That isn't true, he'd be an elite number 1 also, but I can understand why they think he's inflated due to getting some better looks(which isn't always the case anyway, but it does happen).  They're wrong, but I understand their thought process if they don't watch him and just box score scout.

43 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

This is why I laugh when people bring up the fact that his stats are inflated in this offense. It’s  irrelevant.

Just watch him rather than look at box scores, the guy is unbelievable. You can totally ignore his stats and see that this guys a special talent.

Did you see how mad Kuechly was when AK fought through the contact when he scored? He couldn’t believe it. Kuechly praised him before he game, and still got a little forget-me-not to remember him by as well.

Totally agree. I've thought the same when people say he has inflated stats. The reality is he is doing some special things on the football field that goes far beyond his excellent box score numbers.

Hills fumble today was his 2nd of the season, and 2nd of his career. 

I remember some people earlier talking like he’s a fumbling machine. Yeah he doesn’t get a ton of touches but it’s such a small sample size it’s too flukey to look into right now. If it continues to be a problem, then I’ll get worried.

We saw attitude that was sorely missed last week. From top to bottom.

When you have a 3rd string QB making an impact on special teams, you know you've gotten the entire team's attention some how.

We need, need, need this attitude to carry over into Thursday.

Was just looking at stats after this week, and it appears that Drew Brees is 5 yards away from being 2nd in passing yards this season. After this week we are top 3 in yards per game (2nd), and top 3 in point per game (3rd), and top 1 (1st lol) in yards per play on offense.

53 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Was just looking at stats after this week, and it appears that Drew Brees is 5 yards away from being 2nd in passing yards this season. After this week we are top 3 in yards per game (2nd), and top 3 in point per game (3rd), and top 1 (1st lol) in yards per play on offense.

Yeah, only thing Brees is lacking in is TDs. If he had more TDs he'd probably be the favorite for MVP. :( I really wanted this to be his year to get that well deserved MVP but with our running game being so good and him declining going forward, looks like he'll never get one. Can't get over the fact that freaking Cam Newton and Matt Ryan will have MVPs but Brees won't despite him having like 6 seasons better than either of their best seasons.

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeah, only thing Brees is lacking in is TDs. If he had more TDs he'd probably be the favorite for MVP. :( I really wanted this to be his year to get that well deserved MVP but with our running game being so good and him declining going forward, looks like he'll never get one. Can't get over the fact that freaking Cam Newton and Matt Ryan will have MVPs but Brees won't despite him having like 6 seasons better than either of their best seasons.

Right isn't it crazy how Brees somehow has gotten robbed his entire career with MVP's. Especially during some of our great years where we putting up elite numbers on offense, and among the best records in the NFL.

So basically a win on Thursday, and we are almost a lock for the division championship. The Panthers are a game back, and we have the tiebreakers in our favor. The Panthers also have to play the Vikings, Green Bay (Rodgers may be back for that game), Tampa Bay, and Atlanta (In Atlanta). They could potentially lose 3 out of 4 of those games.

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Top 5 things I took away from this game...

1. Ingram is really good.

2. Kamara is really special!

3. Lattimore's imapct is amazing. 

4. Marcus Williams is really underrated. 

5. Saints are legit SB contenders when healthy.

Aside from his 70 yard run, he hasn't done much the last two weeks against good teams, which worries me a little. Take out the long run yesterday, and he's like 13 rushes for 15 yards......He's not a runner that can make something out of nothing. If the Oline doesn't make a hole for him, he gets stonewalled, which again, worries me a little moving into the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Aside from his 70 yard run, he hasn't done much the last two weeks against good teams, which worries me a little. Take out the long run yesterday, and he's like 13 rushes for 15 yards......He's not a runner that can make something out of nothing. If the Oline doesn't make a hole for him, he gets stonewalled, which again, worries me a little moving into the playoffs.

Ingram is a guy who will make the most of whatever you give him, but he’s not gonna make anything on his own. You’re right there.

Its why Sean can’t give up on the run and needs to keep pounding. Ingram might run 12 times for 25 yards, then randomly bust off a huge one and totally change the game.

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

They don't have Super Bowl MVPs though B|

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

But you can't just take away big plays for the dude. Fact is there are very few RBs who can be amazing with no OLine to make good lanes.

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

But you can't just take away big plays for the dude. Fact is there are very few RBs who can be amazing with no OLine to make good lanes.

Not taking it away at all. Just saying, it worries me a little. In the last 2 weeks against good defenses, Ingram has been shut down for the most part. 1 run for 72 and 24/44 on the rest. That's a sub 2.0 ypc ....

Archived