Steelers release LB Myles Jack

RaidersAreOne

I remember thinking this dude was going to be the next big thing at LB (or RB, for that matter). He’s had a good career for the most part, with flashes of brilliance at times - but he’s definitely not that dude who was blowing everyone away at UCLA.

• Like 4

Just now, ET80 said:

I remember thinking this dude was going to be the next big thing at LB (or RB, for that matter). He’s had a good career for the most part, with flashes of brilliance at times - but he’s definitely not that dude who was blowing everyone away at UCLA.

100% He was billed as the second coming of Kuechly/Willis but with injury issues but he was never that guy. Doesn't have the elite instincts/football IQ. At this point of his career, he's replacement level. Much like Clowney, its kind of nuts how much pre-draft evals carry forward deep into player's careers, even overshadowing on field production.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

100% He was billed as the second coming of Kuechly/Willis but with injury issues but he was never that guy. Doesn't have the elite instincts/football IQ. At this point of his career, he's replacement level. Much like Clowney, its kind of nuts how much pre-draft evals carry forward deep into player's careers, even overshadowing on field production.

Kind of like Jaylon Smith. I'm not sure if he was ever good to begin with.

• Like 1