2023 Draft Discussion (Day2pg18)

Chiefs_5627

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This does mean EDGE is probably set for the roster. Omenihu, Karlaftis, FAU, Danna is a good rotation. Kaindoh and Herring can fight to justify carrying 5 on roster. We really need something at DT though, IMO.

I’m gonna guess that comes from FA after the draft.    This draft is pitiful at DT.   

14 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This does mean EDGE is probably set for the roster. Omenihu, Karlaftis, FAU, Danna is a good rotation. Kaindoh and Herring can fight to justify carrying 5 on roster. We really need something at DT though, IMO.

The first piece but definitely not set yet. When they take the next Edge is the question. 

Don't be surprised if Omenihu plays more inside than at end.

6 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I knew we were the team on the phone and that’s what took so long😂

would’ve been great to have gotten Mazi, the fact the Cowboys liked him so much lends credence to the fact he’s gonna be a good player. They have had a great track record with first round picks lately.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm super familiar with FAU so I will hold my judgment, but it really seems like we were stuck with a bad board and no trade partners which sucks.

What's worse is that I really liked the draft picks from Buffalo and Philly, two of our main competitors.

But hey, that can happen when you pick last, and if this is the trade-off for a SB win, I'll take that any day.

• Like 2

The thing to remember about FAU is that he has great bend on the corner. He will not get as many pressures as someone like Karlaftis but he should convert a higher percentage into sacks.

He's also capable of stepping inside on occasion. 

His RAS score is 8.73

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=20029&ovl=Kansas+State

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

The thing to remember about FAU is that he has great bend on the corner. He will not get as many pressures as someone like Karlaftis but he should convert a higher percentage into sacks.

He's also capable of stepping inside on occasion. 

How do you determine any of that? Why wouldn't he get the pressures but convert the sacks?

What makes you think he's "capable of stepping inside"?

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Can't say I'm super familiar with FAU so I will hold my judgment, but it really seems like we were stuck with a bad board and no trade partners which sucks.

What's worse is that I really liked the draft picks from Buffalo and Philly, two of our main competitors.

But hey, that can happen when you pick last, and if this is the trade-off for a SB win, I'll take that any day.

To me he's a safe pick. Veach said he was top of the board at that point at a position of need and they had a good relationship with him being a local kid. All in all I'm happy with it.