2023 Draft Discussion (Day2pg18)

Chiefs_5627

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Don't worry aBOUT RETURNS. James has experience as a punt returner. Skyy finally made his mark and KT is a freaking wizard. 

Most Giants fans I talked to said do not let Richie return punts or kicks. He’s basically just a reliable hands guy as a returner with no real upside.

Skyy should only be a break glass in case of emergency returner. KT is injury prone and needs to be used sparingly 

19 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not really relevant but interesting, it's a bit amazing who has been drafted at #63. Just recent players with major Chiefs ties drafted at #63:

Creed Humphrey
Willie Gay
Juan Thornhill
Frank Clark
Travis Kelce

WHAT???

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Not really relevant but interesting, it's a bit amazing who has been drafted at #63. Just recent players with major Chiefs ties drafted at #63:

Creed Humphrey
Willie Gay
Juan Thornhill
Frank Clark
Travis Kelce

Kind of crazy the amount of circumstances it's taken for us to get that many picks at that spot. The Kelce pick was only #63 because the Saints lost a pick due to bountygate and the Browns lost a pick from getting Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. The Thornhill pick we got in a trade for Marcus Peters from the Rams. We got the Gay pick from San Fran for Dee Ford. Which is pretty inherently tied to the trade for Clark as well, honestly. Creed is the only one where we naturally drafted at #63 from losing the superbowl.

Weird how often we've gotten ourselves into that spot. Normally drafting that much at #63 would mean we're losing a ton of superbowls lol. Glad that's not the case.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Kind of crazy the amount of circumstances it's taken for us to get that many picks at that spot. The Kelce pick was only #63 because the Saints lost a pick due to bountygate and the Browns lost a pick from getting Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. The Thornhill pick we got in a trade for Marcus Peters from the Rams. We got the Gay pick from San Fran for Dee Ford. Which is pretty inherently tied to the trade for Clark as well, honestly. Creed is the only one where we naturally drafted at #63 from losing the superbowl.

Weird how often we've gotten ourselves into that spot. Normally drafting that much at #63 would mean we're losing a ton of superbowls lol. Glad that's not the case.

Yeh. Counting this year, 4 years out of five, and it requires the 'Phins losing #21.

Obviously, Seattle drafted Clark but I'm OK counting that one. It's an impressive haul for everyone being outside the top  50. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I was thinking about heading to union station today. But after seeing the long walk and lines, I’m going to stay home. If anyone goes make sure to share your experience here. 

Some of the projections are insane, definitely gonna set some kind of record. Chicago was crowded but nothing like what they're talking in KC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I was thinking about heading to union station today. But after seeing the long walk and lines, I’m going to stay home. If anyone goes make sure to share your experience here. 

I may head up for Day 3,     but the amount of people crowded up there...  doesn't even sound enjoyable.     Combined with they really haven't done much to prepare for this increased # of people.   

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I may head up for Day 3,     but the amount of people crowded up there...  doesn't even sound enjoyable.     Combined with they really haven't done much to prepare for this increased # of people.   

I was thinking about going Saturday as well. But I have a feeling that’ll be the busiest day.