Jets trade Moore and 3rd rounder to CLE for Pick 42

Bobby816

29 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I think Lazard is the odd man out in 3 Wide. If we keep CD, Lazard could have just been insurance for when he inevitably goes down for 4 games.

CD is pretty much gone. If he’s not part of the GB deal… he’ll be cut. It’s just now whether we go big for a vet like OBJ or even trade for Hopkins or possibly even Jeudy (i think that’s who CLE was starting to trade for before Moore).

Just think their analyzer move in here somewhere. So I’ll give it a bit and see what we do. But as it sits now. I don’t like it value wise.

I had a feeling this would happen. 

He exposed himself a little when he demanded a trade. That's when I started thinking about his potential trade value. 

I think he will be good for the Browns. 

I like this trade because this will give us flexibility in the Rodgers trade. If we give up a 2nd this year, we still have one and can trade back our first pick to load up. 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

If we send this  second and a conditional third next year for Rogers. Then trade back this year to easily recoup a third, we’d  essentially have traded Moore, next years third and moving down this year to the 20s for AR.  I’ll take that. 

I don't know.   After losing 2nd round and 3rd round picks of 2023, Jets are going to have hard time to trade down from 13th spot.  Unless, qb is available, of course.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Eliminate last year draft and can we talk about how JD only has had 2/19 picks in AVT and MC2 worth a darn. Maybe trading draft picks isn’t that bad for us.

And his blind spot appears to be QB. He’s not the god everyone makes him out to be, but he’s not Mac/Idzik level 

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

And his blind spot appears to be QB. He’s not the god everyone makes him out to be, but he’s not Mac/Idzik level 

Last years class really is saving him his job. He doesn’t get AR likely his job is on the line after this next season if we don’t make the playoffs.

Just the rumor that he drafts good and doesn’t lose trades is becoming false. 2/19 draft picks worth anything previous to last year and he just lost this Moore trade.

Feel like this is a solid trade for both sides. This year's WR class sucks, so the Browns get a talented receiver who still has something to prove. Jets move on from a disgruntled receiver while acquiring an asset that could help them get Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Big time over reaction on this trade and of JDs trades/ drafting. Not the best trade, would have rather of kept him but its not really the worst either.

I'm not seeing anyone overreacting really. Some of us don't like it because we had faith in the player but it's not like they just gave him away for nothing.

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Big time over reaction on this trade and of JDs trades/ drafting. Not the best trade, would have rather of kept him but its not really the worst either.

It’s not the end of the world. It’s the equivalent to buying a house for 750k and selling it for 675k 2 years later. It’s not awful. But youd hope to had gotten more out of it.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

My problem is we have the same amount of picks. Figuring a 2023 pick is going for Rodgers I would have liked to gain a pick. 

Maybe JD is going all in and offering 2024 1st+ and wants to stock up again this year.