GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

June pickup isn't a possibility? umm. lol.

why tho? not much cap left or talent available in free agency that would guaranteed to be better than a rookie.

He would have a chance to prove the team that they don't need to pick somebody else in the early parts of camp.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Whoever is on duty.  You may need to fix the url for Anthony Bradford (N 163) in the draft order. Because of that, he is still available on the draft board despite manual insertion.   His id is D-0201

Done. 

• Like 2

So the NY Jets hoped to do at least one trade back to gain more picks, but to no avail.  Began this draft under the assumption Rodgers for one of the Jets #2's, which is still my strong belief.   So we went: Skoronski, Mazi Smith in rds 1 & 2.  In retrospect, I would have spent some time trying to trade out of rd 1, but I was late to the early trading party here.  Now I know what it feels like to be Mike Mccagnan, who couldn't execute a trade if one was handed to him. 

Then there is the Nittany Lions duo in rds 4 and 5.  My favorite picks for the Jets in this draft.  If the Jets were to really acquire both Ji'Ayir Brown and Juice, it would be orgasmic. That's a pair of  serious need positions on the Jets (as well as Smith at DT) with players that have a great upside. 

For the final pick in rd 6, I got home late last night, was looking at the options and narrowed it down to WR (one of Wicks, Higgins, Bell or Pacua), Luter, CB, or Ojomo, DL.  Since the Jets cut their punter, Mann, yesterday (drafted by Joe Douglas BTW) I considered a punter for about 2 seconds.  Actually looked up Harbinger and his profile (he's not exactly Ray Guy) then said... would Joe Douglas make the same stupid mistake twice?  NFW.  Job on line. He's not drafting another punter. LOL. 

By the time I checked in the morning (well after an expired time slot), Ojomo was taken (excellent pick, BTW,  for Saints @rackcs) .  Wish I had a 7th round pick. If so, would have taken Luter followed by WR in 7.  But no 7th.   Opted for WR due to Jets likely roster, w/o Corey Davis and Elijah Moore.. just G Wilson, Lazard (not a huge fan), Hardman and Mims. Call me crazy, but I preferred the BYU kid over the others.  He'll have Zach Wilson throwing to him on the B teams all summer. But they were never at BYU together anyway. 

Anyway, Jets are done in this draft.  Thanks for setting it up and running it and for some of the comedy in the threads.

-Dcat

• Like 2