Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

I assume OBJ signed with the Ravens with the understanding that Lamar would be his QB? Seems a bit pre-mature for him to do this unless he got assurances from the team and Lamar that he's sticking around. Or, maybe OBJ signed with the Ravens without thinking? Who knows. 

20 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I assume OBJ signed with the Ravens with the understanding that Lamar would be his QB? Seems a bit pre-mature for him to do this unless he got assurances from the team and Lamar that he's sticking around. Or, maybe OBJ signed with the Ravens without thinking? Who knows. 

I think he signed solely because they offered so much guaranteed.. I'm sure he wants to play with Lamar but cash is king

I also think the Ravens only made that offer as an olive branch to Lamar.. if it doesn't work, oh well. Only 1 year and they need WRs desperately 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I think he signed solely because they offered so much guaranteed.. I'm sure he wants to play with Lamar but cash is king

I also think the Ravens only made that offer as an olive branch to Lamar.. if it doesn't work, oh well. Only 1 year and they need WRs desperately 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Amazing season last year. Philly has their best window this upcoming season and after that it comes down to Hurts continuing his high level play with less talent around him. 

That much guaranteed money is still stupid and always will be, IMO. Too many athlete's lose that competitive edge when they know they get the dough anyway. NBA is a prime example (but I have disliked the NBA since the 6th foul was allowed, so I haven't watched in quite some time).

35 minutes ago, adamq said:

I've swung back the other way again, Lance is gone.. draft day trade to Houston, they won't do it now because they lose leverage in a deal for #2

They do have pick 12, so its very possible that they are going to pass on QB at 2 and take anderson, then move up from 12...

or they could simply trade down and take a QB at wherever they land with the trade. 

I still think it's unlikely that we make a move on Lance. 

• Like 1

It is my understanding that Jameson got suspended for betting on college games in the facility. That's kind of a weird line to draw IMO. If I understand it correctly he wouldn't have been in trouble if he had made these same bets outside of the facility. 

According to league policy, NFL players and personnel cannot bet on NFL games, the draft or any league-related activities under any circumstances. They also cannot place any bets while at a team facility or on team-related travel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36253087/wr-jameson-williams-four-lions-suspended-betting

9 minutes ago, GW21 said:

It is my understanding that Jameson got suspended for betting on college games in the facility. That's kind of a weird line to draw IMO. If I understand it correctly he wouldn't have been in trouble if he had made these same bets outside of the facility. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36253087/wr-jameson-williams-four-lions-suspended-betting

Correct. NFL players are allowed to bet on non-NFL sporting events. They just cannot do so in the team facility, on team transportation, or in team lodging. Basically, if the team is funding you to be there or you're at a team-owned location, you cannot be betting.