Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

4 hours ago, Forge said:

He's never played safety until this off season. He was making the conversation this year. 

He can't cover from the slot or from linebacker. He's just not good in coverage in general. He's too stiff. 

They moved him there full time this year. But he played plenty safety last year and I think the year before when they got ravaged by injuries in the secondary. But I digress...

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Sure, but no really impressive win over a quality opponent anywhere in there.... 

yeah, it’s going to be hard getting that at any school that isn’t the SEC now. Not his fault. He’s just pure dominance in every game I’ve watched him in. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Imagine being Jonathan Taylor and his agent, working hard to find contracts and trade partners, only to have irsay be like, "nah, we're good"

Lol the colts haven't pulled him off pup. If he's not traded, he'll be out at least the first 4 weeks if they don't pull him off

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Yikes! Hamstring issues ended Greg Clark's time with the 9ers far too early. Drafted in the 2nd round from Stanford in '97, he retired in 2000 after 3 surgeries didn't fix it. So frustrating as he was an all around TE when he was on the field. He was recruited to Stanford by Walsh's staff, but had to adjust when Walsh left. He was recruited as a receiving TE, but learned to block under the new regime. When he was healthy, he was good. 

Hope Kupp can get it figured out even though he is the enemy. 

• Like 1

A game with a boatload of drops while the QB is seemingly doing enough to win is pretty frustrating to watch as a consumer. Can't imagine how it is for the actual triggerman. Reminds me of the '85 49ers/Giants wildcard game. 49ers dropped nine balls all afternoon. Five by Roger Craig alone. Jerry Rice also had a fumble. Montana couldn't get anything really going, because of the cast not holding on to the rock. Chiefs can rebound. Might just be an opening night aberration. Not that I'm rooting for them to go the distance again :P