Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not too worried about losing coaches. Shanny is great at replacing them. 

I am worried about losing Peters. Unfortunately, it seems like he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Peters had an informal meeting with the Commanders brass before our game against them 

Barrows did an article today on potentially replacing Peters. Besides internal candidates like Tariq Ahmed or RJ Gillan, he's also suggested Marin Mayhew or Tom Telesco. Mayhew worked here before & Lynch has a good relationship with Telesco 

If we lose Peters, I'd like them maybe to go after someone on Baltimore's staff...

Imagine if the Commanders end up with Adam Peters, Jim Harbaugh and draft Drake Maye (or Caleb?)

not to mention they have two 2nd rounder picks and two 3rd rounders.

They could turn that thing around real quick. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Interesting, he was interviewing for President of Football Ops but ends up getting hired as the GM. 

Yeah I’m very confused! I think title has to be corrected because isn’t Mayhew the GM? 

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Mayhew just came from SF too didn't he? Peters might hold onto him.  

Josh Harris is cooking.

Now go get Jim Harbaugh. 

I saw a rumor that they are leaning Ben Johnson 

• Like 1

I also wonder if Mayhew does get let go, if we pick him back up or if they just promote from within - Tariq or RJ? I saw an article from Barrows mentioning the 2 names. 

Wonder why they didn’t give Peters the GM title after Lynch got his promotion. A lot of things feel unanswered. When I saw the initial tweet stating that Peters was being interviewed for President that’s why I thought we would lose him, more responsibilities, power, etc. Now he’s just a GM which he “could” have been for us, odd. 

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I also wonder if Mayhew does get let go, if we pick him back up or if they just promote from within - Tariq or RJ? I saw an article from Barrows mentioning the 2 names. 

Wonder why they didn’t give Peters the GM title after Lynch got his promotion. A lot of things feel unanswered. When I saw the initial tweet stating that Peters was being interviewed for President that’s why I thought we would lose him, more responsibilities, power, etc. Now he’s just a GM which he “could” have been for us, odd. 

Because a promotion in title wouldn't have changed a thing. With Washington Peters is the top dog in terms of the football side. With us he would always be the second fiddle to Lynch until Lynch decides to call it quits. Ever team has very different set-ups in the front-office and titles to go with that. 

• Like 3

DAMNIT

Well, i wouldn't mind hiring Telesco as Asst. GM, he seemed to mostly pick good players for the Chargers. Could never get the HC right & seemingly a bunch of other issues but hopefully that wouldn't be an issue here 

Edited by 49ersfan