The Annual Vegas "Oh What the Hell" Packer Mock Draft

vegas492

So I don't really care about the salary cap or the off-season stuff.  This is draft only.  

I used the PFF Mock Draft Simulator.  Don't like that I picked who I did because they shouldn't be there?  Write PFF and tell them about it....  www.profootballfocussupport.zendesk.com

Of course there will be a trade.  

• Rodgers to the Jets
  • Jets send Packers their 13'th overall pick and Garret Wilson

Just for you, @Norm and @Packerraymond

But seriously....

• Rodgers and pick #15 to the Jets
  • Packers receive pick #13, pick #42 and 2024 round two pick.

And we are off....

1.13  (Wouldn't you know it, Jets want to trade up from 15...so did Washington from #16.  )  I accepted the trade and traded 1.13 for 1.16 and 2.47.  Witherspoon, Levis, Johnson, JSN were all there.  LVN was gone.

The pick is in....  In the biggest no brainer of all no brainer....Jaxon Smith-Njiba, WR, Ohio State.  Perfect receiving weapon for Love in year one.  Smart, can get open in a phone booth.  Hot girlfriend....etc.

TRADE ALERT....GB sees two guys sliding down the draft board....at a huge position of need.  Michael Mayer and Dalton Kincaid....

GB sends 2.42 and 3.78 to Cincy for pick 1.28 and 3.92.  

1.28  Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah.  Ranked higher, projected higher....etc. Value was too good to pass up.  I feel like GB got the two best receiving threats in the draft to help Love right away. 

2.45  Adetomiwa Adebawore, EDGE, Northwestern.  Came down to him or Felix A-U.  Couldn't go wrong, so I took the larger guy and freakier athlete.  Maybe he takes some Lowry reps, maybe he takes some EDGE reps, either way, he's a great piece to have on the defense.

2.47  Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia.  So I traded up for the best receiving TE in the draft.  Stayed put here and took the best blocking TE in this draft, and probably many past drafts.  Took him over LaPorta, which hurt a little bit.  No excuses for MLF or Love now.

3.92  So here we are.  Turd round.  Hey...Falcons come calling and offer 4.110 and 4.113 for 3.92.  Done deal.  No third round bust this year.

4.110  Jonathan Mingo, WR, Mississippi.  Being fair here....there were much higher ranked guys on the board.  But GB has a lot of picks close together in this round.  I'm taking THE GUY that helps the WR room.  Let's roll!

4.113  Christopher Smith, S, Georgia.  Again, higher ranked guys on the board.  I don't care.  This is a Georgia Bulldog who can play deep space.  We have plenty of guys who can cover at safety, or play up for the run, but I'm not sure if we have anyone who can lay back there and play space like this guy.

4.116  Bryon Young, EDGE, Tennessee.  16 sacks in 2 years, 6'2'' 250 pounds.  Older.  But...4.4 40 yard dash time.  Why not.

5.149  Nick Saldiveri, T/G, Old Dominion.  6'6'' 318.  85.1 pass blocking grade last year, gave up 0 sacks. 

5.170  Jerrod Clark, DL, Coastal Carolina.  6'4'' 334 pounds.  22 hurries to go with 4 sacks last year.  

TRADE ALERT!!!!  GB Sends 7.232, 7.235 and 7.242 to the Rams for 6.182.  

6.182  Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia.   All he does is win, baby.  He's older.  56 TD's and 14 INT's over the past 2 years.    Oh and he won TWO National Championships.  Plus, we had way too many 7th round picks, this just makes my mock easier.

7.256  Jake Moody, K, Michigan.  We needed a kicker, might as well draft one in the 7th.  Taking a big leg from a kid who kicked in Michigan.

So, that's my draft.  PFF gave me an A despite not liking the selections of Washington, Mingo or Moody.  But what do they know.

We got 4, count em, 4 weaponz for Love.

I failed at finding him more OL help...but I took a versatile one and I do have a lot of hope for Humper/Walker and Caleb Jones.  Really wanted to push Myers at center, but it never came to me in the draft.

It was funny for me to see the Jets trying to trade to get their pick back...which I denied them.  With all those guys on the board, I thought it was a safe trade down and it worked nicely.

Now...if you want to read scouting reports, google them.  No need to clutter a mock thread.  You want pictures, by all means, go do an image search.

But, no Vegas mock is complete without a showgirl or two....

Vegas Strip Showgirls - YouTube

• Like 3

Draft is awful, none of those guys will be there.

I wonder, what did the edge rushers look like at the trade up back into the first round?  I am not enamored by Kincaid nor AA, to be honest.  

Pretty much like the rest of the draft.  Adding JSN and Mingo would be a great haul for the WR room.  

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Draft is awful, none of those guys will be there.

I wonder, what did the edge rushers look like at the trade up back into the first round?  I am not enamored by Kincaid nor AA, to be honest.  

Pretty much like the rest of the draft.  Adding JSN and Mingo would be a great haul for the WR room.  

Man, I gotta go from memory here....I know that Nolan Smith was off the board, and Murphy.  I believe that White was on the board...as well as FAU.

I like AA because of size and versatility.  He added a little more than a pure bendy edge like FAU.

I thought that moving up for Kincaid at that spot, for that value was very worth it.  Mayer was there as well, but Bijan was long gone.  As were all the OT's.  They way the draft fell, TE became a real value there.  He won't sniff a second contract with GB, but it seemed like the right spot to take a very talented receiving TE.  And I pretty much knew that I could get Washington later, as PFF typically has him a little devalued.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I gotta go from memory here....I know that Nolan Smith was off the board, and Murphy.  I believe that White was on the board...as well as FAU.

I like AA because of size and versatility.  He added a little more than a pure bendy edge like FAU.

I thought that moving up for Kincaid at that spot, for that value was very worth it.  Mayer was there as well, but Bijan was long gone.  As were all the OT's.  They way the draft fell, TE became a real value there.  He won't sniff a second contract with GB, but it seemed like the right spot to take a very talented receiving TE.  And I pretty much knew that I could get Washington later, as PFF typically has him a little devalued.

With the way I am seeing things fall, my favorite edge guys that are going around that late first area are McDonald, Foskey and Ojulari. 

I have never been a big fan of the receiving only TE.  To me, those guys are just slow WRs, and I can find big, slow WRs as UDFAs.

37 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This would pretty much be a perfect day. Not a huge Chris Smith fan but can live with him in Rd 4.  The rest would be excellent!

How do I know those are women in that picture???!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

With the way I am seeing things fall, my favorite edge guys that are going around that late first area are McDonald, Foskey and Ojulari. 

I have never been a big fan of the receiving only TE.  To me, those guys are just slow WRs, and I can find big, slow WRs as UDFAs.

Foskey went pretty early in the second round.  Had he been there with the second round pick, I would have taken him.  McDonald was gone as well.

Ojulari?  He was there.

Kincaid, to me, is the second best receiving weapon for Love in this draft.  Maybe third with QJ as second.  Either way, I view him as a weapon.  Big slot.

It goes something like this.  We love Lazard for what he did.  Well, you get that all over again, with more receiving upside and on a friendly deal for 4 years.  For as physical as Lazard was, I have little doubt that Kincaid can be as physical in the run game.