2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Have you guys ever heard of a 10+ day rehab AND a doctors appointment for a stinger? 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/commanders-chase-young-still-dealing-with-injury/ 

Young (neck) has a doctor's appointment this week, but things are remaining "positive," according to head coach Ron Rivera, Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post reports.

Young left an Aug. 11 preseason contest with the Browns after suffering a stinger and was practicing in a limited fashion in the days after. However, it appears the 24-year-old may still be feeling the effects of the injury, although it's unclear how much. He'll continue working to get back to full health with Week 1 just over two weeks away.

38 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I know, is this crazy? Or am I un educated in this regard. I didn't play football growing up or anything, so I am being sincere in this question (i.e. not poking fun at his toughness). 

Should we be concerned?

I think the reason to be concerned is because of Chase’s injury history and bc for 3 years Rivera has a history of lying about the seriousness of injuries. 

In 2020, I'm convinced that Alex Smith could've and should've played in the playoff game vs the Bucs. He had earned that right but Rivera took it away from him.

In 2021, Rivera lied about the seriousness of Curtis Samuel’s groin/core muscle injury. We didn't even know he had surgery on it in the summer until I believe November during the season.

In 2022, Rivera didn't report that Chase also had a patella tendon injury on top of tearing his ACL until I believe the fall of the 2022 season. The patella tendon surgery added 6 months to the recovery of Chase’s knee injury bc he couldn't have the ACL surgery until the patella tendon was right. Rivera kept putting things back on Chase & Curtis when it was Rivera who misled the media and fans all along.

It made people think lesser of both Curtis & Chase in their rehabs bc everyone thought the should be back much sooner but didn't know the extent of those injuries.

Now I'm worried Rivera is doing the same. I sure hope I'm wrong but I can NOT believe anything that comes out of Rivera’s mouth anymore. It's become similar to 2013 with Shanahan, if his lips are moving I just assume he's lying bc his credibility is shot.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

CY actually seems more comfortable and happier on the sidelines than he does playing in the game. I forget who said it but it seems that he enjoys the idea of being a football player than actually playing. Each day that goes by it looks more and more like that’s true. 

Sounds like someone's opinion who doesn't actually know if that's true or not. I know when I see Chase play he plays with passion and joy, he enjoys being out there with his teammates, he hypes them up and he brings tenacity and energy on every play.

He does the same thing on the sidelines. It's true, he is a good cheerleader for his teammates and I can understand why someone would think he gets more joy out of that bc sadly he's been injured the last 24 games of his career but he can't do anything about that.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Sounds a bit like an Albert Hanesworth injury .

Unless Rivera is lying again about an injury again what he said is as positive as it can be:

team logo

Young (neck) has a doctor's appointment this week, but things are remaining "positive," according to head coach Ron Rivera, Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post reports.”

Edited by turtle28

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the reason to be concerned is because of Chase’s injury history and bc for 3 years Rivera has a history of lying about the seriousness of injuries. 

In 2020, I'm convinced that Alex Smith could've and should've played in the playoff game vs the Bucs. He had earned that right but Rivera took it away from him.

In 2021, Rivera lied about the seriousness of Curtis Samuel’s groin/core muscle injury. We didn't even know he had surgery on it in the summer until I believe November during the season.

In 2022, Rivera didn't report that Chase also had a patella tendon injury on top of tearing his ACL until I believe the fall of the 2022 season. The patella tendon surgery added 6 months to the recovery of Chase’s knee injury bc he couldn't have the ACL surgery until the patella tendon was right. Rivera kept putting things back on Chase & Curtis when it was Rivera who misled the media and fans all along.

It made people think lesser of both Curtis & Chase in their rehabs bc everyone thought the should be back much sooner but didn't know the extent of those injuries.

Now I'm worried Rivera is doing the same. I sure hope I'm wrong but I can NOT believe anything that comes out of Rivera’s mouth anymore. It's become similar to 2013 with Shanahan, if his lips are moving I just assume he's lying bc his credibility is shot.

Right - but my questions still remains, how long does a stinger put the normal NFL athlete out of commission? I am trying to figure out if Chase is sandbagging or this is a real thing.

12 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Right - but my questions still remains, how long does a stinger put the normal NFL athlete out of commission? I am trying to figure out if Chase is sandbagging or this is a real thing.

If he is legitimately still injured they are looking for a more serious injury than a stinger.  Its possible he has a ruptured disk or something like that which would cause stinger like symptoms.  Or its possible they just held him out because its preseason and they don't want to tell us that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If he is legitimately still injured they are looking for a more serious injury than a stinger.  Its possible he has a ruptured disk or something like that which would cause stinger like symptoms.  Or its possible they just held him out because its preseason and they don't want to tell us that. 

From what I've read Stingers are tough injuries to rate. Everything from a day or two to permanent damage . Guess we'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best. I'm thinking he'll hit I R for the min 4 weeks to start the season. just a feeling. I just watched it again . Looks benign but hard to say. The tackle had his hands on C Y as he tried to tackle Watson. He just kinda slide his upper body down off Watson as he took off. He didn't really seem to bend his neck back or sideways. 

This pick is looking Sooooooooooo baddddddd. 

Edited by RSkinGM

47 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Fair question.  

I think the better question is assuming he gets healthy in a week or so, has Chase Young earned the right to be a starter?  

5 hours ago, Troublez said:

But he's been practicing. He's been doing all of the individual work. He just didn't participate in the team drills vs the Ravens and didn't play in the game under an abundance of caution.

I really don't think Rivera & JDR would let Chase sandbag it. My opinion is that Chase is being held out of doing the team drills.

I mean only time will tell, we can't control any of this. We just have to wait and see if he is ready to go week 1. I think he will be out there and that's what matters. It doesn't matter if he's doing 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 drills 18 days before week 1.