TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

14 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Please keep trying ! I would love to see those photos !!

So you are immersed, knees down, and nothing ever locks up ?? feet must go numb after a while !  whats water temp ? teens ? lower ?? 

Water was 32f as it was refreezing when you'd break it up.  Honestly with a good suit I never get body cold except for the first dunking when water gets between your skin and the suit.  Modern neoprene is amazing stuff.   The hands and exposed face are what gets cold and keeps sessions short, as if you're going 20kts in 20kts of windspeed, you feel more like 30kts and it really cuts through.

Hey got it sorted!  This is a garage sale board I bought for $150 which was worth it for the straps but has turned into possibly my favorite board, super cruisy but I was barely getting beat by a guy on slalom gear with a 20% bigger sail, and I had it way easier. 411374550_10162567328972502_207505360720

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  Okay.  NBA has always ignored some traveling, but wow.  He ran from 3 point line to basket.  

https://x.com/thegeneral_0/status/1737170015760109904?s=61&t=v6LV1OopIM988_WLEdjCHA

It's videos like this that I think of when people start to discuss if Jordan or Lebron is the GOAT. It's not an equal comparison because the league today is so soft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's videos like this that I think of when people start to discuss if Jordan or Lebron is the GOAT. It's not an equal comparison because the league today is so soft.

Mt favorite argument is that we can't use Anthony, Westbrook, Love, Allen, Howard, etc because they're past their primes but Kukoc helped make the second three peat a superteam "cause he's a HOFer."

If he wasnt a European player being inducted due to his influence on basketball over there he'd barely be known in non-Bull fan conversations. He had exactly zero All Star nominations and only averaged 15+ ppg 3 times in his whole career. Loved having him in Chicago but come on.

Oldest daughter got really sick pretty suddenly. She's been dealing with a virus from what we were told over the last 2-3 weeks but early this morning git really bad. Got her to the hospital and she's going to be an inpatient for a few days at least. Still not sure what is going on but any prayers for her recovery would be appreciated. She's conscious and stable thankfully, bloodwork has ruled out quite a bit i guess so now just trying to figure everything out.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Oldest daughter got really sick pretty suddenly. She's been dealing with a virus from what we were told over the last 2-3 weeks but early this morning git really bad. Got her to the hospital and she's going to be an inpatient for a few days at least. Still not sure what is going on but any prayers for her recovery would be appreciated. She's conscious and stable thankfully, bloodwork has ruled out quite a bit i guess so now just trying to figure everything out.

Jeez that’s horrible and terrifying, especially just not knowing what’s wrong.  Seems you guys just can’t quite catch a break lately.  Best of wishes to you guys.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Sorry to hear that bro. I know how it feels to be a parent and you have a very sick child. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope she recovers soon.

Appreciate it guys.  Yeah 2023 can seriously go **** itself. I'm heading back up to switch with the wife. Wife said at one point my girl's heart rate went fast then went slow while she was sleeping. It's back to normal but it keeps jumping and dropping randomly. So I'm guessing an EKG is being done today. Hopefully that gives a clue.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Appreciate it guys.  Yeah 2023 can seriously go **** itself. I'm heading back up to switch with the wife. Wife said at one point my girl's heart rate went fast then went slow while she was sleeping. It's back to normal but it keeps jumping and dropping randomly. So I'm guessing an EKG is being done today. Hopefully that gives a clue.

Ask about a stress test. As someone who is NOT a doctor, I used to have heart issues and my dad eventually died of a heart attack. An EKG will show structural damage of the heart (from what I gather). A stress test will show the flow of blood, essentially if anything is clogged up. My dad had an EKG 2 months before dying and it came back just fine. The stress is what he never had but the cardiologist said they would've seen the issue had that been done

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So sorry to hear this,  really glad she's got you in her corner.  Hang in there and hoping for good news soon. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Ask about a stress test. As someone who is NOT a doctor, I used to have heart issues and my dad eventually died of a heart attack. An EKG will show structural damage of the heart (from what I gather). A stress test will show the flow of blood, essentially if anything is clogged up. My dad had an EKG 2 months before dying and it came back just fine. The stress is what he never had but the cardiologist said they would've seen the issue had that been done

Stress test is already scheduled for today so you're on the right track. She's done really well and it sounds like the benadryl I gave her might have caused her arrhythmia to get much worse for that episode, she's like me and benadryl actually kind of acts like a speed to us. So the medications I gave her for the virus might have been the trigger for an existing condition. We can't figure out what else could have triggered it and had her dizzy and almost passing out like she did.

She's doing well enough that if she does the stress test and handles it well she might get discharged tomorrow and then gets hooked up to a monitor we'll take with us for a day or two. With the offices being closed for the weekend and Christmas we would go to the ER to turn it on Sunday or Monday.

That's the hope for now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

She's feeling good enough she is trying to blackmail me into decaffeinated iced coffee. "I get my iced coffee, you don't have me track mud in the car and you get to watch football without me interrupting you."

Lol. She keeps talking like that and I'm gonna leave her here.

Hope you enjoyed that wonderful twilight where you stop being so worried about the kid, right before they become massive irritation again. Glad she's doing better,  but perhaps she should consider a couple Monster energy drinks while she's in hospital for irregular heartbeat?

• Like 1