TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

We ended up going to.. CABO.. since the weather looked so rough in Cancun, so I'm literally *here*

Should be just about perfect here this week.. 

Cancun is hot and rainy and very humid right now

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything 👍🏻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He is now 4” taller than this video.  He can dunk without jumping.   

I hope he is for FLA what Edey was for Purdue. FLA is going to have to work a LOT on hi mobility but Edey made serious strides in his own, so it is possible. 

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If Flus turns out to not be the guy, David Shaw is back in the NFL with the Broncos. I remember many were salivating over the idea of prying him away from Stanford.

I'm iffy on him, but he does have NFL experience. I never want a HC that is a college only guy like Chip was (at least have experience as a positional coach in the NFL), their track record is abysmal even compared to other HC groupings. The only one I can think of that was successful was Jimmy Johnson. 

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I feel like it's just a matter of time for everyone this big to have serious knee and/or foot issues

If he can make his millions before that happens though then all the better for him. My knee is jacked up for no benefit whatsoever. Lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Well, at least we can always be relieved that we aren’t the Bulls. Getting roasted for the trade they made today (and it’s just one of many confusing decisions)

im so fukin over this team. do we want to get multiple 1st round picks, including one in the top 10 this year, OR go one for one getting a guy that played 18 minutes and was getting phased out because he couldn't hit water standing on a boat and was under league investigation this year for SA for an all nba defender.

i just kept waiting for what else was in the trade. nothing else came. complete incompetence in that franchise. i've never ~left~ a team behind, but living in Denver now, it's hard to not think about dropping the bulls for the nugs

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

im so fukin over this team. do we want to get multiple 1st round picks, including one in the top 10 this year, OR go one for one getting a guy that played 18 minutes and was getting phased out because he couldn't hit water standing on a boat and was under league investigation this year for SA for an all nba defender.

i just kept waiting for what else was in the trade. nothing else came. complete incompetence in that franchise. i've never ~left~ a team behind, but living in Denver now, it's hard to not think about dropping the bulls for the nugs

Now imagine being a Sox AND Bulls fan. If it weren't for lucking into MJ, Reinsdorf would be the worst owner in Chicago history, even worse than Bill Wirtz was

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I feel like it's just a matter of time for everyone this big to have serious knee and/or foot issues

I think once it happens it is usually all downhill.

But sometimes they can avoid it for a number of prime years.  I would avoid overuse and/or overtraining when you are huge (or old).

On 6/21/2024 at 9:19 AM, HuskieBear said:

I was initially thinking maybe they acquired Giddey to be in a second trade, but no, it does seem that they plan to build around him. And since he's a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I think it probably also signals that they plan to trade Zach Lavine, as well (which does need to happen, he's an above average #2 but he's not THE GUY). I have to think Derozan isn't coming back, too. At the end of the day, until we rid ourselves of Ball's contract (he's not going to play again) and upgrade Vucevic, we won't be relevant.