TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I was initially thinking maybe they acquired Giddey to be in a second trade, but no, it does seem that they plan to build around him. And since he's a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I think it probably also signals that they plan to trade Zach Lavine, as well (which does need to happen, he's an above average #2 but he's not THE GUY). I have to think Derozan isn't coming back, too. At the end of the day, until we rid ourselves of Ball's contract (he's not going to play again) and upgrade Vucevic, we won't be relevant.

Flagg '25

Had a damn scary start to this morning. A little after 4am I woke up hearing the fire alarm and my older two kids yelling, so I ran and saw my son's  loveseat was on fire. Yelled at them to get them to listen and had my boy ran to get tea pitchers and my daughter got their bathtub filling up. I grabbed the loveseat and pulled it away from the room and had them running back and forth from the tub to me with the pitchers so I could contain the fire and put it out.

Very lucky and very blessed. Loveseat and a rug are ruined but outside of some smoke damage and me getting some burns on my hands nothing major was damaged.

Check your smoke detectors and don't let kids buy electric **** from temu. From what I could tell the charger just got hot and started the fire from the loveseat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Had a damn scary start to this morning. A little after 4am I woke up hearing the fire alarm and my older two kids yelling, so I ran and saw my son's  loveseat was on fire. Yelled at them to get them to listen and had my boy ran to get tea pitchers and my daughter got their bathtub filling up. I grabbed the loveseat and pulled it away from the room and had them running back and forth from the tub to me with the pitchers so I could contain the fire and put it out.

Very lucky and very blessed. Loveseat and a rug are ruined but outside of some smoke damage and me getting some burns on my hands nothing major was damaged.

Check your smoke detectors and don't let kids buy electric **** from temu. From what I could tell the charger just got hot and started the fire from the loveseat.

Damn that’s terrifying, glad everything turned out ok in the end.

Fires are scary.  At least your kids are old enough to communicate and listen to your directions.  I frequently try to run some mental reps on what I’d do if there were a fire overnight (given I’ve got a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old).  But there’s so many variables.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 10:21 AM, chisoxguy7 said:

I was initially thinking maybe they acquired Giddey to be in a second trade, but no, it does seem that they plan to build around him. And since he's a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I think it probably also signals that they plan to trade Zach Lavine, as well (which does need to happen, he's an above average #2 but he's not THE GUY). I have to think Derozan isn't coming back, too. At the end of the day, until we rid ourselves of Ball's contract (he's not going to play again) and upgrade Vucevic, we won't be relevant.

during their 4 "rebuild" seasons, they made six (6) total draft picks. you get 2 per year normally! which means in 4 rebuild seasons they made 2 less picks than normal teams. they are just incompetent and incapable, and it all starts at the top

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

during their 4 "rebuild" seasons, they made six (6) total draft picks. you get 2 per year normally! which means in 4 rebuild seasons they made 2 less picks than normal teams. they are just incompetent and incapable, and it all starts at the top

So much of what they tried to build hinged on Lonzo and once the injury happened there they haven’t had a pivot. They’re not the Celtics if they have a healthy Lonzo the past few years but they’re at least relevant IMO, and that probably would’ve opened up other opportunities too. 

On 6/22/2024 at 4:02 PM, Sugashane said:

We have a small fire extinguisher under sink and in garage.  

On 6/22/2024 at 4:02 PM, Sugashane said:

Glad everyone is okay.  Do you have smoke smell?  I am not sure how to deal with that.  I think if it is too bad you can’t.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Glad everyone is okay.  Do you have smoke smell?  I am not sure how to deal with that.  I think if it is too bad you can’t.

I mean you can.  But more drastic measures are required.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Thanks man. I went and got a cheap sponge style mop and walked around mopping all the walls. Added a bit of vinegar to the water, then after everything had dried used some fabric softener diluted in water and sprayed the furniture,  walls and ceiling lightly before wiping it down. Only room with any smoke smell that I can still smell is my son's and it's pretty light so going to do a second round. It actually has helped quite a bit. 

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We have a small fire extinguisher under sink and in garage.  

Just ordered some on Amazon that will be here in a bit. We have a few cans of dry spray for putting out small fires but I actually forgot all about them in the moment. They kind of look like spray paint cans or bug killer sprays so I need to get them set up and show the kids how to use one, and just have them out in the open for rooms.  

• Like 1

Me:  Why won't my printer print!!!!

(oh it is set to save to PDF and I have a bunch of new files saved.)

Some days I wish I was a lumber jack in 1800s rather than an attorney in an office.

I would be ripped.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Me:  Why won't my printer print!!!!

(oh it is set to save to PDF and I have a bunch of new files saved.)

Some days I wish I was a lumber jack in 1800s rather than an attorney in an office.

I would be ripped.

But at that point the beauty standard would have been to be fat. We can't win can we? Lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

But at that point the beauty standard would have been to be fat. We can't win can we? Lol

Good point.  I might be ripped in 1800s, but so are all guys around me.

Now I am just a ripped dude amongst other ripped dudes, but I still have a big nose.

Still point isn’t really about getting chicks.  I am past all that.  

Just modern sedentary work can be a drag sometimes.  If I was toiling outside day after day in heat and cold I would complain about that too though.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Good point.  I might be ripped in 1800s, but so are all guys around me.

Now I am just a ripped dude amongst other ripped dudes, but I still have a big nose.

Still point isn’t really about getting chicks.  I am past all that.  

Just modern sedentary work can be a drag sometimes.  If I was toiling outside day after day in heat and cold I would complain about that too though.  

My job is ridiculously sedentary as I work from home now, so I have to make sure to get up and moving. I will say though this is the first summer I haven't been on a roof since I was like 14, and I've already made up my mind this will be the year I don't do a single one unless my brother really gets into a bad way. Tear offs in this heat just are brutal.

Not being at the mercy of the weather is something I have been damn appreciative of though. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My job is ridiculously sedentary as I work from home now, so I have to make sure to get up and moving. I will say though this is the first summer I haven't been on a roof since I was like 14, and I've already made up my mind this will be the year I don't do a single one unless my brother really gets into a bad way. Tear offs in this heat just are brutal.

Not being at the mercy of the weather is something I have been damn appreciative of though. 

I have been on my roof maybe 4 or 5x in 20+ years.  Scary as heck each time.

I am not scared of heights, but the angle is just too steep.  Each time I do it for whatever reason I am like never again.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My nephew was a new roof sales guy and would climb up on roofs a lot.

Unfortunately, awhile ago (maybe a couple of years) he fell off and shattered his leg in a bunch of places.

He got a fairly big settlement (6 figures) after a long wait and has been mostly traveling for past year or so.  I think he is running out of money though as he starting to work more again.

He always does odd things to make money.  He won't do a 9-5.

He is a different kind of guy.