TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Fr. I check in after four days at work and see ya talkin to yourself. I respect it. 

I am in front of a computer all day most days at work in an office by myself. 

I am my own boss so no one to yell at me for being on internet.

My work always gets done though.   

Had a case go to trial today, which is rare.  I was on the stand for over an hour.  Defendant was texting my victim using phone numbers from various texting apps to remain “anonymous.”  He was texting her really lewd stuff, requests for sexual favors, unsolicited pictures, etc.  This went on constantly for like two years and totally traumatized my victim.  I investigated for about a year tracing IP addresses, subscriber info, email addresses, etc.  Ultimately everything started pointing towards the defendant.  The defense attorney tried dragging my name through the mud, claimed i did a weak investigation leaving tons of gaps, and even flat out lied about things i testified to during closing arguments…….boy when the judge said the words “finding of guilty” i made sure to stare right at that attorney, lock eyes, and just smile.

a celebratory cigar and cocktail on the porch is definitely warranted tonight.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Had a case go to trial today, which is rare.  I was on the stand for over an hour.  Defendant was texting my victim using phone numbers from various texting apps to remain “anonymous.”  He was texting her really lewd stuff, requests for sexual favors, unsolicited pictures, etc.  This went on constantly for like two years and totally traumatized my victim.  I investigated for about a year tracing IP addresses, subscriber info, email addresses, etc.  Ultimately everything started pointing towards the defendant.  The defense attorney tried dragging my name through the mud, claimed i did a weak investigation leaving tons of gaps, and even flat out lied about things i testified to during closing arguments…….boy when the judge said the words “finding of guilty” i made sure to stare right at that attorney, lock eyes, and just smile.

a celebratory cigar and cocktail on the porch is definitely warranted tonight.

Great work!  

Cyber investigations is an area law enforcement needs to concentrate on.  We have countries filled with call centers focused on scamming, stealing and blackmailing Americans.  It’s their 9-5 day job.  

Because I advertise my phone number a lot I get a scam attempt like 3 times day.  

Just now, dll2000 said:

Great work!  

Cyber investigations is an area law enforcement needs to concentrate on.  We have countries filled with call centers focused on scamming, stealing and blackmailing Americans.  It’s their 9-5 day job.  

Because I advertise my phone number a lot I get a scam attempt like 3 times day.  

But they often need people in states to help them with money and what not.  They aren’t untouchable.  I have poor old lady clients and even former co-workers who have had money stolen.  Makes me ill.  If I was President there would be black op operations, we would be freezing foreign accounts.  The works.  

On 7/4/2024 at 7:36 AM, dll2000 said:

Great work!  

Yeah they are a pain to deal with.  Those scammers are the lowest of the low.  I’ve seen old people lose hundreds of thousands of dollars to these people.  They’re not always impossible to investigate, however they’re extremely difficult and time consuming.  Once you find that they’re using VPNs it’s almost game over.  And your typical suburban law enforcement agency doesn’t have the time, training, experience, or manpower to really focus on those cases.  

Fortunately in my recent case the guy was a dumbass who used his own email addresses, created these texting app accounts using his own WiFi, etc.  Made it somewhat easy for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Yeah they are a pain to deal with.  Those scammers are the lowest of the low.  I’ve seen old people lose hundreds of thousands of dollars to these people.  They’re not always impossible to investigate, however they’re extremely difficult and time consuming.  Once you find that they’re using VPNs it’s almost game over.  And your typical suburban law enforcement agency doesn’t have the time, training, experience, or manpower to really focus on those cases.  

Fortunately in my recent case the guy was a dumbass who used his own email addresses, created these texting app accounts using his own WiFi, etc.  Made it somewhat easy for me.

It’s something Fed govt. should be doing.  FBI or whatever Agency.  But they can partner with local law enforcement to go after the mules once identified.  The people who pick up money and ship it and rent out apartments etc. for a base.

Once you get one you can start rolling up the org. stateside.  

I don’t think out govt. takes it nearly seriously enough.  Being 70+ and having your money stolen is a traumatic experience.  Any age really, but especially then.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I work in private banking and yeah, it's sad but it's also mind blowing how people fall for these. We warn them over and over. I saw a woman lose 600,000 because the love of her life needed help excavating land in Russia

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I work in private banking and yeah, it's sad but it's also mind blowing how people fall for these. We warn them over and over. I saw a woman lose 600,000 because the love of her life needed help excavating land in Russia

Yeah.  I worked with a guy who was 200k in the hole.  To this day he still doesn’t believe it’s a scam.  

• Like 1