2024 NFL Draft 7 Round Mock/Ranking and Prospect Standouts (Edited 3/29/24)

Ozzy

Week 3 Prospect Standouts:

*Kingsley Suamataia RS SOPH OT BYU:  Will be one to really watch going forward, super star athlete and I love how well he moves on the field and how he can wall defenders off.  Still has to improve but his upside is massive and it is such a joy watching an tough physical athlete like that play at tackle, awesome player and with a good year he could easily be a 1st round pick if he declares.  

*Jayden Daniels RS SR QB LSU:  Put on a show that is for sure, arguably his best game as a college QB.  Was unstoppable and threw pin point accurate passes.  With his athletic ability if he can consistently be that effective of a passer he will be crazy hard to stop.

*Malik Nabers JR WR LSU:  Amazing game by him, love the kids footwork and he really put on a show and consistently won over and over again.  Easy 1st round pick and one of the top WRs in the draft.  

*TJ Sanders RS SOPH DT South Carolina:  Really showed out against a solid Georgia offensive line, very impressive performance and was active as a pass rusher and got his hands up in the passing lane as well, part of a very inspired effort for that SC defense.

*Luther Burden III SOPH WR Missouri:  One to watch, kid is a burner and super hard to handle in coverage with his quickness and speed.  Was decent as a freshman but he has a chance to be great going forward with his big play ability.

*Landon Jackson JR DE Arkansas:  I need to watch him more but he impresses on the edge with that massive size and length.  Still a work in progress but has so much upside with his length and athletic ability.  

*Dallin Holker JR TE Colorado State:  Put on a show in that game, was all over the field making plays and getting great yards after the catch.  Looked like a very athletic TE that has great movement skills and high level athletic ability.

*Kamari Lassiter JR CB Georgia:  Love him in coverage, so agile and quick, very smooth and natural back there.  Super key part to that defense and should be a 1st or 2nd round pick easy, one of the best corners in the country no question.

*Tory Horton SR WR Colorado State:  Love how fluid he is as a pass catcher, great athletic ability and length for the position.  Up and coming pass catcher who is a talented kid and a great target to throw to.

*Cam Jackson SR DT Florida:  Part of a very surprisingly deep and talented Florida DL.  He plays over Watson who is a big boy himself but Jackson is a force inside and really helps hold down the middle.  With that size and athletic ability he could be interesting come draft day.

*Trevor Etienne SOPH RB Florida:  Dominating game by him especially early on, was a real force as a runner that show some big play ability in that game.

Isaac Rex BYU RS SR TE

Xavier Scott SOPH CB Illinois

Kaleb Jackson FR RB LSU

James Thompson Jr RS JR DE Wisconsin

Jah Joyner RS JR DE Minnesota 

Xavier Legette RS SR WR South Carolina 

Chris McClellan SOPH DT Florida

Tyreak Sapp RS SOPH DE Florida

Graham Mertz RS SR QB Florida 

Jeshuan Jones RS SR WR Maryland 

Jayden de Laura RS JR QB Arizona

KeAndre Lambert-Smith SR WR Penn State

Quinn Schulte RS SR S Iowa 

Henry Blackburn SR S Colorado State

Disappointed:

Joe Milton III RS SR QB Tennessee - Disappointing performance for the Vols overall but Milton did not play great in that game.  Odd but apparently he has never throw a TD pass when on the move, that is not good for a big strong athlete like him.  Also would like to see much more leadership out of him than what he showed in this game that is for sure.

Phil Jurkovec RS SR QB Pitt - Not impressed with his play at all, one thinks at time he will develop but not sure that will happen.  Is just not a natural passer and sure it is awesome with his size and athletic ability but his passing ability is a major question mark at this point.

Brevyn Spann-Ford RS SR TE Minnesota - Dropped multiple passes and has just been disappointing in the passing game overall this year.  Expected much more out of him in terms of consistently being a passing target and providing power blocking in the run game.  A ton of drops for him it seems and in this one many were in key moments of the game.  

Some up and coming Junior pass rushers who might play themselves into being an underclassman who could declare in a somewhat weak edge rush group for the 2024 draft.

Landon Jackson Arkansas
Princely Umanmielen Florida RS
Jah Joyner Minnesota RS
Tyler Batty BYU
Barryn Sorrell Texas

All have played well and Umanmielen and Jackson have tons of potential and Joyner looks like a stud out there, Batty played great against Arkansas and Sorrell is promising on Texas.  Will be interesting if any of these guys can step up and step into that next group of edge rushers which is really needed behind Verse and Dallas Turner and possibly Trice.

Edited by Ozzy

Week 4 Prospect Standouts:

*Jared Verse  Florida State RS JR DE Florida State:  Love his ability to bull rush and move offensive tackles backward just on his pure power.  Very good hand usage, still no sacks for him this year but he impacts the game and is no question one of the top two edge rushers in the class.  

*Tyleik Williams RS SOPH DT Ohio State:  Amazing game by him, really was impressive getting a push against some very quality OL on Notre Dame.  Love his size and athletic ability, long arms as well and kid balled out in this one.  Could play himself being a 1st round pick at that size with his athletic ability and movement skills.  

*Chop Robinson JR DE Penn State:  In a class needing depth on the edge Chop could be that guy that takes advantage and becomes a 1st rounder because dude is pretty legit off the edge and very relentless.  Great game by him against a solid Iowa offensive line, very impactful and consistent and as a edge player he is extremely promising and if he keeps it up could work his way into being the 3rd best edge guy in the class.

*Troy Franklin JR WR Oregon:  Love his quickness off the line of scrimmage and ability to get separation.  In that offense it is not very typical or pro style which can limit him but kid can make big plays and is super hard to cover with his size and speed.  If he can stay healthy kid could be a solid 2nd tier WR in the up and coming draft.

*Jackson Powers-Johnson JR C Oregon:  Love how he played for Oregon and was very key to many of their big runs in that game.  Love his size as a center and is one to watch out for, the tackles get all the attention and they are both super talented by Powers-Johnson might be the one that holds it all together and helps create that physical force on the OL.

*Darius Taylor FR RB Minnesota:  Hard not to like the kids lower body power and ability to maintain his balance through contact.  Good vision as well and despite the Minnesota offensive line not being on par with previous years, the kid is still wildly productive even without a solid passing game.  Great past few games by him despite the teams overall struggles, he will be one to watch going forward.

*Jonah Elliss JR DE Utah:  Very promising edge player that is really increasing his draft stock.  Kid has a great bloodline and has a variety of moves on the football field as a pass rusher.  Was big time in this game and is becoming one of the best junior edge rushers in the nation.  

*Tyrone Tracy Jr RS SR RB/WR Purdue:  Standout game by him and was a heck of a move making him a RB but could increase his versatility and availability at the next level.  Really hard to deal with out of the backfield as a pass catcher and in this game he showed some straight up moves as a running back making defenders miss in the open field.  Promising game by him just we will see if he can continue it on throughout the year.  

*Braelon Allen JR RB Wisconsin:  Was curious what he would look like in that offense and kid still is as powerful as can be with that breakaway speed.  Sure a rare combination of size and speed and should be the 1st back off the board potentially even with Henderson played great this season as well.

*KJ Jefferson RS SR QB Arkansas:  Was a loss for them but he played very under control and poised in the pocket.  Did not seem as rushed as he did in previous games and did not take off to run as quickly either.  Tough road environment but he played great I thought even in a loss.

*Payton Wilson RS SR OLB/ILB NC State:  Have always liked him because of his size and athletic ability.  Has been hurt a ton though but is playing great this season and has stayed healthy.  If he can stay on the field and perform, dude should easily be one of the top LBs in the draft, love his speed at his great size at the position, can pass rush from the edge or could play inside if asked as well.

*Riley Mahlman RS SOPH OT Wisconsin:  Promising tackle no question and potentially if he sticks around another year he could become an elite level talent in a pretty loaded SOPH class.  Kid looks the part that is for sure and the up tempo passing game he has fit right in and has no issues in pass pro either.  

*CJ Dippre JR TE Alabama:  Took some tough hits and ran through contact, physical blocker as well.  They need to use him more especially if they are going to more of a power run game offense.  Impressive game physically by him no question.

Others who impressed:

Kyle Morlock RS JR TE Florida State

Jordan Turner RS JR ILB Wisconsin

Audric Estime JR RB Notre Dame 

Tim Keenan III RS SOPH NT Alabama

Suntarine Perkins FR LB Ole Miss

Charles Turner III RS SR C LSU

Will Campbell SOPH OT LSU

Javontae Jean-Baptiste RS SR DE Notre Dame 

Jaden Greathouse FR WR Notre Dame

Gi'Bran Payne RS FR RB Notre Dame

Chip Trayanum RS JR RB Ohio State

Jake Chaney JR ILB Wisconsin

Rasheen Ali RS JR RB Marshall 

Ricardo Hallman RS SOPH CB Wisconsin

Josh Conerly Jr SOPH OT Oregon

Ajani Cornelius RS JR OT Oregon

Bo Nix RS SR QB Oregon 

Deion Burks RS SOPH WR Purdue

Jack Henderson SR CB/S Minnesota

Botros Alisandro SOPH CB Purdue

James Thompson Jr RS JR DT/DE Wisconsin

Players I dropped out of the 2024 7 round Mock Draft and all I have returning to school potentially outside of two.

Mario Williams USC JR WR
Jake Renfro Wisconsin RS JR C 
Jack Sawyer Ohio State RS SOPH DE  
Miyan Williams Ohio State RS JR RB
Hank Bachmeier La Tech RS SR QB
Savion Washington Colorado SR OT  

Players I added to the 2024 7 round Mock and a few in the 1st round.  

Tyleik Williams RS SOPH DT Ohio State
Chop Robinson JR DE Penn State
Keon Coleman JR WR Florida State
Troy Franklin JR WR Oregon
Tyrone Tracy Jr RS SR RB/WR Purdue
Jack Henderson Minnesota SR CB/S

Edited by Ozzy

On 9/25/2023 at 12:03 PM, WPS said:

Arkansas TE Luke Hasz looks like one to watch for the future, might be a freshman all-american this year. Heck of a game against LSU.

I agree, he did play great against LSU but clearly LSU was overlooking that entire offense.  Hasz seems a little light though, really doubt he is 240 he is probably closer to 230 or 235.  That offense uses TEs well, did for awhile with Trey Knox who was on the lighter side as well.  I was impressed with Armstrong as well but really both benefit greatly from KJ Jefferson and how well he played and got the ball into their hands, made mistakes but I like the composure he showed in that game.  

Sorry @Ozzy, but I kinda hate this mock for the Eagles besides the Bralen Trice pick in the 2nd and Tory Horton (really impressed me in the Colorado gm) pick in the 5th. I like Will Shipley, but not the biggest fan in the 2nd (even if its the end of the 2nd), but there's another RB you left off this 7 round mock entirely who I'd have rather selected that I'll touch on a little bit later in this post. Much prefer Bucky Irving in the 5th than Shipley in the 2nd. Don't think Irving should be going almost 80 picks after Shipley and honestly I might just take him over him all together.

The Sedrick Van Pran pick in the 1st round makes no sense. We hand picked Cam Jurgens to be our center of the future with the help of Jason Kelce whose presence is also the only reason he's starting at guard instead of center, but I expect this to almost certainly be his last season and the reigns will be handed over to Cam who is doing well at guard right now, but has HOF potential at center. I think SVP is a real good player and an above average athlete, but not on that elite level we like from our center which Jurgens possesses. 

I guess you could make the argument that SVP could be our RG of the future when Jurgens slides into center, but we drafted Tyler Steen in the early 3rd round to develop and eventually take over that job and he was getting a good amount of love from Jason and Lane back during camp, so I'm still optimistic about that happening. I just think spending a 1st rounder on an interior player isn't something the Eagles probably do. They haven't done it since they drafted the bust fireman known as Danny Watkins back in 2011. Not saying we haven't spent relatively high picks on interior cause we have recently drafted Dickerson (early 2nd), Jurgens (later 2nd), and Steen (early 3rd) on day 2. I think Eagles just feel better about taking positions like iOL and RB on day 2 rather than day 1 where they try and target more valuable positions like OT, DE, DT, WR, etc.

The running back you completely left off this mock which I think is a total oversight on your part is MarShawn Lloyd of USC (technically... both of them lol), but right now he's playing for my USC Trojans and has been special to start the year. He's the highest graded Power Five RB with 25+ attempts according to PFF and the tape bares that out. I think he's at least gonna be a day 2 pick and if someone snags him later then they are getting a huge steal. I was talking to another draftnik about him who made a really good comp to D'Andre Swift. Watching them both this weekend its hard not to see the similarities in their games. I don't blame you really for leaving him out of this, cause obviously doing a 7 round mock like this takes a lot of effort (kudos to you for doing this) and guys are gonna slip your mind, but he definitely deserves to be somewhere within Round 4 and probably somewhere more like late 2nd to late 3rd tbh, especially if he stays healthy and keeps up what he's been doing.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

I don't see Amarius Mims, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan and some others. Overlooked or over rated?

Yeah, that's weird.

I could see leaving them off maybe if this was just a first round mock, but this is a seven rounder, so it doesn't make any sense even if he thinks they're overrated.

10 hours ago, TVScout said:

I don't see Amarius Mims, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan and some others. Overlooked or over rated?

Yes, I do not have a algorithm or computer program create the list of players based on high school recruiting rankings.  So I am missing players because it is based on as I watch them or notice them and those three tackles are hyped up, Mims has been hurt a bit so far this year so hard to get a read on him and Barton will be worth watching for sure against Notre Dame and I have not got a chance to really watch Arizona yet this year.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sorry @Ozzy, but I kinda hate this mock for the Eagles besides the Bralen Trice pick in the 2nd and Tory Horton (really impressed me in the Colorado gm) pick in the 5th. I like Will Shipley, but not the biggest fan in the 2nd (even if its the end of the 2nd), but there's another RB you left off this 7 round mock entirely who I'd have rather selected that I'll touch on a little bit later in this post. Much prefer Bucky Irving in the 5th than Shipley in the 2nd. Don't think Irving should be going almost 80 picks after Shipley and honestly I might just take him over him all together.

The Sedrick Van Pran pick in the 1st round makes no sense. We hand picked Cam Jurgens to be our center of the future with the help of Jason Kelce whose presence is also the only reason he's starting at guard instead of center, but I expect this to almost certainly be his last season and the reigns will be handed over to Cam who is doing well at guard right now, but has HOF potential at center. I think SVP is a real good player and an above average athlete, but not on that elite level we like from our center which Jurgens possesses. 

I guess you could make the argument that SVP could be our RG of the future when Jurgens slides into center, but we drafted Tyler Steen in the early 3rd round to develop and eventually take over that job and he was getting a good amount of love from Jason and Lane back during camp, so I'm still optimistic about that happening. I just think spending a 1st rounder on an interior player isn't something the Eagles probably do. They haven't done it since they drafted the bust fireman known as Danny Watkins back in 2011. Not saying we haven't spent relatively high picks on interior cause we have recently drafted Dickerson (early 2nd), Jurgens (later 2nd), and Steen (early 3rd) on day 2. I think Eagles just feel better about taking positions like iOL and RB on day 2 rather than day 1 where they try and target more valuable positions like OT, DE, DT, WR, etc.

The running back you completely left off this mock which I think is a total oversight on your part is MarShawn Lloyd of USC (technically... both of them lol), but right now he's playing for my USC Trojans and has been special to start the year. He's the highest graded Power Five RB with 25+ attempts according to PFF and the tape bares that out. I think he's at least gonna be a day 2 pick and if someone snags him later then they are getting a huge steal. I was talking to another draftnik about him who made a really good comp to D'Andre Swift. Watching them both this weekend its hard not to see the similarities in their games. I don't blame you really for leaving him out of this, cause obviously doing a 7 round mock like this takes a lot of effort (kudos to you for doing this) and guys are gonna slip your mind, but he definitely deserves to be somewhere within Round 4 and probably somewhere more like late 2nd to late 3rd tbh, especially if he stays healthy and keeps up what he's been doing.

True I am not sold on the Van Pran pick but not sure they have their OG for the future either if Jurgens goes back to center and Van Pran I feel could play OG no problem.  As for Lloyd, I have not watched USC this year so far and sure he has been playing great so I need to watch them.  Was never crazy impressed with him on SC back when he played there but sure he is doing great so far in that dangerous offense of USC.  Fact is though RB as a position is crazy deep and tons of guys could be fine pros with a given opportunity.  So yeah I need to watch USC but in another way they have played a bunch of nobodies so far, want to see him against some better competition honestly.  Not sure Steen is some super star player and they clearly need to find a developmental OG and OT so 1st round OL makes sense unless they got edge because they are getting pretty old at that edge spot.

Shipley with his ability to block, catch out of the backfield and run with toughness I think teams will really like that.  Irving I do agree should be hire and probably will move him up a bit higher potentially.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Shipley with his ability to block

FWIW I've definitely seen him miss blocks and his blocking grade is barely at 20.9 on PFF (compared to Lloyd and Irving in the 60s), albeit its on a small sample of like 15 pass pro snaps.

Granted most RBs aren't very good in pass pro coming out of college, so I'm probably making a little too much out of it.

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

catch out of the backfield

Didn't he just drop a pass that turned into an INT?

He has 2 drops already this year for a drop % of 12.5, but he did have only have 2 drops all of last year, so maybe its just a bad start to the year for him. I definitely think he's a nice route runner and can be a very capable receiver out of the backfield, but I'll definitely be monitoring the drops going forward.

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Irving I do agree should be hire and probably will move him up a bit higher potentially.

*shakes hand*

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

As for Lloyd, I have not watched USC this year so far and sure he has been playing great so I need to watch them.

Gotcha... and yeah I don't know what side of the country you live on, but the USC games have been on pretty late like 7 or 7:30 pm on the west coast. I feel like a lot of people miss out on Pac 12 games for that reason. I think you'll like what you see when you do get eyes on him. Hopefully he goes off this Saturday cause that's a 10 am / 1 pm EST game.

Also, very true about your point with RB depth this year. Don't think there is any upper echelon back that should absolutely be in the 1st round, but the depth in rounds 2-5 is probably gonna be pretty good.

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True I am not sold on the Van Pran pick but not sure they have their OG for the future either if Jurgens goes back to center and Van Pran I feel could play OG no problem.

I feel like I like him better at center than guard which is the same way I feel about Jurgens too.

Not that he can't play guard, but I think his shorter arms are a bit more mitigated at center. 

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not sure Steen is some super star player and they clearly need to find a developmental OG and OT so 1st round OL makes sense unless they got edge because they are getting pretty old at that edge spot.

Oh.. I mean he's been inactive every game to start this season. They've had Sua Opeta (back-up for years for us) active over him on gamedays so far, but that may be due to Steen only really practicing at RG (and LT), whereas Opeta has much more experience at guard and at both LG and RG. I definitely got excited about his potential with the way Lane and Kelce were talking about him in the offseason/camp, but he probably needs some more time to settle in at guard. He looked better in games at LT which is obviously where he played in college. We'll have to see about him being the successor at guard. I agree its no guarantee yet that he's the guy, but I don't think we need to bring in a 1st round option unless they're someone who is a tackle that can also kick into guard until Lane decides to hang it up probably in another couple years. I think a 1st, two 2nd rounders, and a high 3rd round pick would be too much spent on the interior for me, especially when we have Jeff Stoutland who can get solid to good play out of lesser drafted guys.

With that said, appreciate the good back and forth discussion, my guy. Looking forward to your next update.

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

FWIW I've definitely seen him miss blocks and his blocking grade is barely at 20.9 on PFF (compared to Lloyd and Irving in the 60s), albeit its on a small sample of like 15 pass pro snaps.

Granted most RBs aren't very good in pass pro coming out of college, so I'm probably making a little too much out of it.

Didn't he just drop a pass that turned into an INT?

He has 2 drops already this year for a drop % of 12.5, but he did have only have 2 drops all of last year, so maybe its just a bad start to the year for him. I definitely think he's a nice route runner and can be a very capable receiver out of the backfield, but I'll definitely be monitoring the drops going forward.

*shakes hand*

Gotcha... and yeah I don't know what side of the country you live on, but the USC games have been on pretty late like 7 or 7:30 pm on the west coast. I feel like a lot of people miss out on Pac 12 games for that reason. I think you'll like what you see when you do get eyes on him. Hopefully he goes off this Saturday cause that's a 10 am / 1 pm EST game.

Also, very true about your point with RB depth this year. Don't think there is any upper echelon back that should absolutely be in the 1st round, but the depth in rounds 2-5 is probably gonna be pretty good.

I feel like I like him better at center than guard which is the same way I feel about Jurgens too

Not that he can't play guard, but I think his shorter arms are a bit more mitigated at center. 

Oh.. I mean he's been inactive every game to start this season. They've had Sua Opeta (back-up for years for us) active over him on gamedays so far, but that may be due to Steen only really practicing at RG (and LT), whereas Opeta has much more experience at guard and at both LG and RG. I definitely got excited about his potential with the way Lane and Kelce were talking about him in the offseason/camp, but he probably needs some more time to settle in at guard. He looked better in games at LT which is obviously where he played in college. We'll have to see about him being the successor at guard. I agree its no guarantee yet that he's the guy, but I don't think we need to bring in a 1st round option unless they're someone who is a tackle that can also kick into guard until Lane decides to hang it up probably in another couple years. I think a 1st, two 2nd rounders, and a high 3rd round pick would be too much spent on the interior for me, especially when we have Jeff Stoutland who can get solid to good play out of lesser drafted guys.

With that said, appreciate the good back and forth discussion, my guy. Looking forward to your next update.

Shipley to me is a very natural pass catcher, had 38 catches last year and like you said does run good routes for a RB.  His toughness is very underrate, dude is great in the goal line and that toughness shows up as a blocker from time to time as well.  No question Lloyd and how he does against the real competition will help him standout or not.  

Travis Dye did well for USC last year and no one really cares and he was undrafted, Lloyd might have more power than Dye and is thicker which helps but being productive in that offense at RB is not all that hard, especially if you are already experienced as a RB which Dye and Lloyd were.

And yes the depth at RB is deep but it is always deep and there is a reason no one pays running backs, or few do because you can get a replacement in the draft easily at times in a good system.  Guys like Frank Gore Jr could be a total steal next year or a guy like Chip Trayanum or Na'Quan Wright or Michael Wiley.  Guys like Jase McClellan, Tyrone Tracy and Trey Potts are most likely not even drafted so there is quality late just a matter of fit and ability to stay healthy.  At the top though Allen on Wisconsin and Henderson on Ohio State are both well worth 1st round picks I feel, sure could drop out but both have big time potential.  Both to me are better than Jahmyr Gibbs was in college and Gibbs was a 1st rounder.

Sure the Eagles can wait till later for the OL but if a quality guy is there why pass up on him and hope they can get a gem like Mailata and develop them?  Their depth is already an issue is someone goes down and Lane Johnson/Kelce could retire soon both of them.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

And yes the depth at RB is deep but it is always deep and there is a reason no one pays running backs, or few do because you can get a replacement in the draft easily at times in a good system.  Guys like Frank Gore Jr could be a total steal next year or a guy like Chip Trayanum or Na'Quan Wright or Michael Wiley.  Guys like Jase McClellan, Tyrone Tracy and Trey Potts are most likely not even drafted so there is quality late just a matter of fit and ability to stay healthy.  At the top though Allen on Wisconsin and Henderson on Ohio State are both well worth 1st round picks I feel, sure could drop out but both have big time potential.  Both to me are better than Jahmyr Gibbs was in college and Gibbs was a 1st rounder.

Hot take, but I might take MarShawn Lloyd over every RB you listed there including Henderson (loved him as a true freshman) and Allen (prefer him more in a gap scheme w/ less shotgun than Eagles run). Don't really agree about well worth 1st round picks, but hey there is plenty of season for them to change my mind. I think its hard for a RB to be well worth a 1st round pick in today's day and age, especially if you're a fan of a team that doesn't value RBs at that level like the Eagles. The thing I do prefer with those 2 is obviously they're a good bit younger. Lloyd will turn 23 at the beginning of next year and Henderson is only gonna be 21 next month and Allen doesn't turn 20 until the beginning of next year which is pretty crazy. I'm usually a little bit of an ageist, but if we're getting Lloyd in the back of the 2nd or even a trade back to the 3rd then it doesn't bother me as much. 

He's not comparable to Dye. His comp is much closer to a D'Andre Swift imo. I think they are pretty similar stylistically and watching their games back to back days these past weeks its been hard not to see it and I don't think its just the #0... lol. I think he's one of the most underrated backs in this class right now, but that should change.

But, good looking on some of those name drops. Definitely a couple guys in that weren't on my radar.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sure the Eagles can wait till later for the OL but if a quality guy is there why pass up on him and hope they can get a gem like Mailata and develop them?  Their depth is already an issue is someone goes down and Lane Johnson/Kelce could retire soon both of them.  

Our OL depth was insane last year and obviously we lost some guys, so it took a hit, but I still don't know if I'd say its an issue. I definitely would like to draft OL next year, but it just doesn't have to be in the 1st unless its probably a tackle prospect that can also kick into guard in the meantime. I think EDGE rusher is gonna be the position available to us late in the 1st that makes the most sense with guys that could be there and positional value. This is gonna be Barnett's last year (thank god) and Graham is nearing the end of his rope. Josh Sweat and Haason Reddick are both FAs after next season and I think Sweat will be the one we extend, cause he's younger and we already drafted Reddick's hopeful successor in Nolan Smith. I think we could use another EDGE in that 255-270 lb range.

Week 5 Prospect Standouts:

*Ray Davis Kentucky RS SR RB:  Talk about coming out party, he is now a RB on the map for everyone in regards to the 2024 draft.  Dude played legit and showed great versatility and power at the position.  Dominating game against what seemed to be a very solid front for Florida especially on the DL.  Impressive play and if Davis and Kentucky keep rolling he will greatly help his draft stock.

*Jonah Elliss Utah JR DE:  What a pass rusher he is, went up against one of the best in the Pac-12 and made him look bad more than once.  Love his variety of moves as a pass rusher, great bloodline and is just having a monster year despite Utah having no QB on the team and a ton of injuries, Elliss is a straight up player and a few of his brothers have been successful in the league, no reason to think Jonah will not.  

*Deone Walker Kentucky SOPH DT:  Amazing game by him, loved him last year and he is even better this season.  Such a massive man and big time force in the middle, should be a lock future 1st round pick in 2025, kid can motor for being absolutely huge.

*Payton Wilson NC State RS SR LB:  Mentioned him a lot but he is just playing so well, now I have him as a possible 1st round pick, great athlete, can rush the passer, aggressive tackler, can run at linebacker as well and apparently has some very impressive open field speed.  Not to mention is a big linebacker as well, with that versatility all those things will be hard to pass up, is having an All American year and only question with him is that injury history.

*Omarion Miller Colorado FR WR:  Came out of nowhere and really showed up for Colorado as a receiver.  Love the footwork he showed on the sideline and is a big strong kid with deceptive quickness.  Maybe it was just awful defense for USC but Miller showed out and will be a weapon for sure, as if they needed more on Colorado, they now have another one.  He was a massive part in that impressive comeback for Colorado.  

*Cobee Bryant Kansas JR CB:  Love his ball skills, confidence and playmaking ability at the position.  I need to see him more but he could be a real up and coming corner and maybe I need to move him into being an underclassmen who declares for the draft.  Kid can play and has a real feel for getting his hands on the football, like his toughness also.  

*TJ Parker Clemson FR DE:  Dude is a force on the edge for Clemson in a loaded DL, he could be the most impactful one they have on a senior lead group, super freshman and could be a real start but that was said about Xavier Thomas as well, we will see if Parker can stay productive and healthy.  

*Jonah Monheim USC RS JR OT:  Really interesting LT talent and could be a high draft pick if he declares.  Very smooth in protection and solid, good footwork and does not get off balance and does not get beat much either.  Very poised and super solid pass protector, will see how he does the rest of the way but could be a 1st rounder potentially with the need at that position.  

*Brock Bowers Georgia JR TE:  Almost not even a surprise but have to bring it up, was arguably one of his best games on the road and made huge plays in really key moments.  Kind of bad how dependent they are on Bowers making big plays but they are and really how do you stop it, cannot put a LB on him too slow for that and cannot put a safety on him too small.  Easily a top 10 pick only question is does he play TE or is he more of a big body WR.  Guess in the NFL today with the offenses around it might not matter if he gets with the right system.

*Spencer Shrader Notre Dame RS SR K:  Did miss some kicks but cannot help but be wildly impressed with the height he gets on those kicks.  If he gets more accurate on them he could be a real weapon because can has a rocket leg no doubt about it.

*Silas Bolden Oregon State JR WR:  Almost won the game for Oregon State with his speed, quickness and big playmaking ability.  Huge weapon for them and was so key against that solid Utah defense, interesting talent worth keeping and eye one, kid can motor.  

*Jack Henderson Minnesota SR CB/S:  Brought him up already but with the extreme need for slot defenders who can tackle in the NFL, Henderson is extremely interesting.  Odd they do not put him in more of a safety role with how bad they have been there opposite Nubin, but Henderson is a real baller in the slot and has great size for the position as well.  Could legit play CB, slot CB or safety and that versatility I think teams will love come draft time, had a great game with some big tackles and a big interception.

*Brian Thomas Jr LSU JR WR:  Have to love his size and footwork for being such a tall receiver, and is so quick with his feet and accelerates extremely well.  Dude can make plays no question and could be just as talented as his teammate Nabers, he had a great game no doubt about it and is having an awesome season.

*MarShawn Lloyd USC RS JR RB:  Got to love that power and quickness he showed, but then again how hard is it when everyone is totally focused on Caleb Williams and what he can do.  Was impressive no question in his creativity as a runner, might be a good sleeper back in the upcoming draft but I still feel there are more than one back better than he is coming out potentially.  We will see how the rest of his season goes and if he declares.  

*Kenneth Grant Michigan SOPH DT:  Was if Michigan needed more DL, that kid is massive and can really move for a big man.  Real force inside on an already loaded Michigan front 7, promising talent no question.  Reminds me a little of Gabe Watson, disappointing as a pro but was super talent while on Michigan and both have similar builds.  

*Brenden Rice USC SR WR:  Have to love the size and hands he has and is arguably one of their best receivers because of that.  Promising player for sure and knows how to play the position.  

Others who impressed:

Mitchell Evans Notre Dame JR TE

Shedeur Sanders Colorado JR QB

OJ Burroughs Kansas JR S

Xavier Worthy Texas JR WR

Tyler Brown Clemson FR WR

Andrew Mukuba Clemson JR S

Kevin Coleman Louisville SOPH WR

Graham Mertz Florida RS SR QB

Jeremiyah Love Notre Dame FR RB

Marist Liufau Notre Dame RS SR LB

Howard Cross III Notre Dame SR DT

Anthony Belton NC State RS JR OT

Max Tooley BYU RS SR LB

Caleb Williams USC JR QB

Mason Cobb USC SR ILB

Jeremy Flax Kentucky SR OT

Carson Beck Georgia RS JR QB 

Kole Taylor West Virginia RS JR TE

Disappointed:

Riley Leonard Duke JR QB - Not sure if it was his lack of having the best OL out there in that LT, not sure if it is crappy WRs and receivers overall which they have, not sure if it was the pressure but he did not play well.  Was really disappointing that he was so dependent on running the ball and everyone came off of that even the little passing success he had.  The best thing he does is run the ball and not sure that is a good thing.  But if teams just want a big strong QB who they can develop he is that.  Love the athletic ability and toughness for the position and size, but unlike Anthony Richardson not sure Leonard has this cannon for an arm either so there is that.  Is just one game but based on that game alone he should come back for another year especially in such a deep QB class.  There are tons of guys who are on fire and playing great, Leonard did not play great against Notre Dame that is for sure.  

Cam Jackson Florida SR DT - Disappointed and so did that entire Florida DL, they got moved all over the field and ran on constantly.  Was a surprise, I thought big guys like Jackson would have been harder to get out of there, we will see if he and that Florida DL can bounce back.  

OUT:  Removed from the 7 round mock, Lawson because of injury and potential returning to school and the rest because of performance.

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB

Garmon Randolph Baylor SR OLB/DE

Nick Kallerup Minnesota RS SR TE

Tony Grimes Texas A&M SR CB

Keon Zipperer Florida RS SR TE

Antonio Grier Arkansas RS SR LB

IN  based on performance mostly and or adding them to the list

Ray Davis Kentucky RS SR RB.

Jonah Elliss Utah JR DE

Jonah Monheim USC RS JR OT

Brian Thomas Jr LSU JR WR

Max Tooley BYU RS SR LB   

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

*Brock Bowers Georgia JR TE:  Almost not even a surprise but have to bring it up, was arguably one of his best games on the road and made huge plays in really key moments.  Kind of bad how dependent they are on Bowers making big plays but they are and really how do you stop it, cannot put a LB on him too slow for that and cannot put a safety on him too small.  Easily a top 10 pick only question is does he play TE or is he more of a big body WR.  Guess in the NFL today with the offenses around it might not matter if he gets with the right system.

The first real game I got to watch him in this year. Wow. 

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The first real game I got to watch him in this year. Wow. 

He is wow honestly all the time, and really it is not a big shocker almost to the point where I do not include him usually.  But yes it was a big win when that offense really needed him to make a play and he did big time late in that game.  Wish he was bigger, he is what 6-3 235 most likely, but with a team that has multiple TEs he will do just fine and really he is just a big flex WR but have to love his effort and most of his yards come after the catch which is impressive.  Georgia plays such a crap schedule though, they could be in big trouble when they face real competition.  Kentucky this up coming week will be hard and Missouri could be a challenge and so could Florida unless Florida plays like they did against Kentucky.  Still compared to other top teams in the SEC West or Pac-12 Georgia has a far easier schedule.  

@TheRealMcCoy Lloyd did look good no question but the likes of Allen, Henderson Benson all are by far most physically elite than Lloyd who benefits greatly from being in that offense.  If he was back on SC not sure he would look as good behind a worse OL with less weapons so more focus would be on him.  As a mid round pick he could be solid but not sure he declares.  Could easily argue just on junior players along there are 6-7 guys better than he is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

@TheRealMcCoy Lloyd did look good no question but the likes of Allen, Henderson Benson all are by far most physically elite than Lloyd who benefits greatly from being in that offense.  If he was back on SC not sure he would look as good behind a worse OL with less weapons so more focus would be on him.  As a mid round pick he could be solid but not sure he declares.  Could easily argue just on junior players along there are 6-7 guys better than he is.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on Lloyd. I’d love him on the Eagles. I think Allen would be good in the right scheme, but that’s just not Philly though. Benson was my RB1 going into this season, so you don’t have to convince me on him.

BTW love these write ups you do every week. Keep em coming!

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1