2024 NFL Draft 7 Round Mock/Ranking and Prospect Standouts (Edited 3/29/24)

Ozzy

Week 6 Prospect Standouts:

*Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M RS JR LB:  I have liked the kid for awhile but wow what a performance he put on against Bama.  Was all over the field and just a blur at LB especially in the pass rush.  Super athletic and when kept free and can really make plays with his speed.

*Ethan Downs Oklahoma JR DE:  Played the best out of any DE in that game even with all the fine Texas edge players, Downs was the one that made the biggest impact.  Great strength off the edge and ability to get off blocks and get to the QB.  Impressed by his play and that OU DL totally out played the more highly rated and talented Texas DL and probably won them the game that way.  

*Mason Graham Michigan SOPH DT:  Dominating game by him, helped show that he could be one of the best young DTs in the nation.  Variety of pass rush moves and just controlled the middle and really got after it.  Love his ability to get free and get off blocks taking contact, up and coming star potentially.

*Ainias Smith Texas A&M RS SR WR:  Hard not to forget about him with how long he has been around and how he is always in and out of the lineup it seems with injuries.  But kid is a super star return man and arguably the best in the up coming draft.  Great quickness, awesome versatility and if he can stay healthy this year he could easily be a mid round pick because of all that he can do on the football field.

*Jermaine Burton Alabama SR WR:  Had the best game of his career in this one, ran some outstanding routes and played aggressive football.  If he can keep that up he will shoot up the draft boards.  Have to love the footwork and quickness he showed in this game, but consistency is a question but in this game he was a flat out super star.  

*Tanner McLachlan Arizona RS SR TE:  Love his athletic ability at TE and he is an up and comer no question, has out played other more hyped up TEs this year and he should easily be drafted, very promising player with good twitch for the position.

*Ephesians Prysock Arizona SOPH CB:  What a potential dude at CB, looked just massive out there with his length and combined on the other end with Harris another 6-4 corner, they got something going out there in the Desert.  Promising kid, love that length and we will see what he can do going forward.

*Cade Stover Ohio State RS SR TE:  Having a great season, showing off his athletic ability and toughness after the catch.  He is climbing up the draft boards no question and has moved into being potentially a mid round pick compared to a late round pick, kid can play.  

*Jawhar Jordan Louisville RS JR RB:  Amazing performance by him, showed off that game breaking speed and he will always be underrated and could even fall in the draft if he declares but kid can play no question.  What he runs will be key, shows that burner speed at RB and if he times well possibly he could be picked higher than one thinks, standout performance by him and he is key to that teams success so far this year.

*Sonny Styles Ohio State SOPH LB/S:  Need to watch him more but wow he is promising with that size and versatility, could be a speedy LB or a big safety and his slot ability is really interesting as well.  Must watch going forward, promising kid.  

*Whit Weeks LSU FR LB:  Really flies around and makes a lot of tackles, super young kid but very talented.  I like his size and toughness at the position as well, could be a star down the road no question.

*Drake Nugent Michigan SR C :  Rock solid center, great pickup for Michigan and the kid should be a mid round pick and is one of the better centers in the country no question.  Great solid base, consistent player who is strong and smart.  

*Spencer Shrader Notre Dame RS SR K:  One of the few bright spots for Notre Dame, damn that kid has a rocket leg, not sure I have ever seen a kick that kicks it so high.  Really promising talent and could be a drafted kicker potentially in the up coming draft, hit two long ones in that game that were fine kicks on the road. 

*Taylor Upshaw Arizona RS SR DE:  Love his size off the edge and he got consistent push in this one.  Very firm at the point of attack and he could be a promising talent late in the draft.  Really solid and strong on the edge.  

*Jonah Coleman Arizona SOPH RB:  What a force at RB, super power and is super hard to bring down because of his size.  Just a bowling ball out there and is a really promising runner who runs with attitude.  Part of a extremely impressive Arizona program no question about it.

*Tetairoa McMillan Arizona SOPH WR:  Kid can make plays and go up and get the football, very good looking athlete and come 2025 he could be 1st round pick potential, kid can ball out and has done great this year and last year.

*Walter Rouse Oklahoma RS SR OT:  Love how he looks out there at tackle, and kid can move and has a very solid base to him as well.  Shocking he and Nugent were on Stanford along with Hinton and how they were not good as a football team.  Rouse can play and would not be shocked if he was a mid round pick, very talented kid.  

*Justin Eboigbe Alabama RS SR DE:  Played one of the best games of his career, need to see that consistently for him especially with someone with as much experience as he has.  Kid is a big body but needs to get that consistent rush off the edge which he did in this game.  

*Noah Fifita Arizona RS FR QB:  Super impressive play by him the past two games.  Confident as a passer and moves the football getting it into the hands of the weapons on offense.  I like his quick release and timing, interesting talent worth paying attention to.

*Woodi Washington Oklahoma RS SR CB:  In a draft that needs corners and teams want them, Woodi could help himself there.  He had a solid game and has played so much football.  He will be wanted come draft time, solid performance in a huge game against Texas.

*Chris Braswell Alabama RS JR OLB:  I believe he has a redshirt and or COVID year he could take if he wants, I hope he does because kid is good this year but could be even better with another season of development.  Is having a solid year opposite Turner no question and has improved a lot.

*Josaiah Stewart Michigan JR DE:  One to watch out for, I hope he sticks around another season, he could become a real superstar.  Bendy edge player with a good combination of strength and quickness.  Could really take his game to another level with more playing time, is hard to simply get on the field this season for Michigan.

Others who impressed:

TJ Quinn Louisville RS SOPH ILB

Tacario Davis Arizona SOPH CB

Ashton Gillotte Louisville JR DE

Justin Flowe Arizona RS SOPH LB

Luther Burden III Missouri SOPH WR

Tyler Guyton Oklahoma RS JR OT

Kaimon Rucker UNC RS SR DE/OLB

Fadil Diggs Texas A&M RS JR DE/OLB

Keli Lawson Virginia Tech RS SOPH LB

Kalel Mullings Michigan RS JR RB 

Jordan Dingle Kentucky SOPH TE

Jacob Cowing Arizona SR WR

Shemar Turner Texas A&M JR DT

Jake Johnson Texas A&M SOPH TE

Billy Bowman Oklahoma JR S/CB

Charles Turner III LSU RS SR C

Logan Diggs LSU JR RB

Gunnar Helm Texas JR TE

Malik Agbo Texas RS FR TE/OT

Disappointed:

Joe Alt Notre Dame JR OT - Guy has been really disappointing the last two weeks, given up multiple QB pressures and sacks, was out of position in this game against Louisville a few times and seemed overwhelmed.  Shocking for the clear cut OT potentially in the nation, well not anymore after his play.  Still is well worth a 1st round pick but is not the top guy anymore.

Sam Hartman Notre Dame  RS SR QB - Tough kid but I would like to see more leadership from him on the sidelines.  Seems to sit by himself a lot and does not communicate a ton.  Sure it is great he is calm but he has to lead and make his teammates believe but maybe even he didn't, especially with how poor that supposed to be dominating Notre Dame OL has got pushed around the last two weeks on the road.  7 sacks and 9 QB hits the last two weeks, did not expect that coming from that group.  Will be interesting how he looks going forward because that offense has struggled the last two weeks no question.

Kool-Aid McKinstry Alabama JR CB - Good corner, still a 1st rounder but not the pure #1 guy anymore, seems to play soft this year and is not making a ton of plays either.  Good player no question just expected a lot more out of him in terms of on the field play and leadership overall.

7 Round Mock draft ranking:

PLAYERS IN:  Players added, not sure what I was thinking removing Lawson, was back at it this week and looked fine.  I thought that injury was worse, and added some other guys I did not have included yet.

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB
Drake Nugent Michigan SR C
Woodi Washington Oklahoma RS SR CB
Kaimon Rucker UNC RS SR DE/OLB
Tanner McLachlan Arizona RS SR TE
Walter Rouse Oklahoma RS SR OT
Jawhar Jordan Louisville RS JR RB
Taylor Upshaw Arizona RS SR DE 
Charles Turner III LSU RS SR C
Spencer Shrader Notre Dame RS SR K

PLAYERs OUT:  Guys I removed because I had them higher rated coming into the season but they have either not performed or played that well like I thought.  Armstrong I liked two years back at Virginia but he was benched, and Berger has not played great and has been hurt and Carter took his spot and Foster I thought had another year but I believe is out of football now.  And Jacobs I sure hope he has another season to develop on Oregon, he almost never plays currently and Gadsden I assume is hurt also after the monster year last year.

Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse JR WR 
Michael Wiley Arizona SR RB
Brennan Armstrong NC State RS SR QB
Jalen Berger Michigan State RS JR RB
Josh Celiscar UCF SR DE 
BJ Foster Sam Houston State RS SR S 
Jestin Jacobs Oregon RS SR OLB    
Michael Carmody Notre Dame SR OT
Myles Sims Georgia Tech RS SR CB 
Eric Gregory Arkansas RS SR DE  

In terms of their play on the field I would say these guys are the top 6 and pretty solid at that.  Harrison Jr is great, Brock Bowers has been dominating and Verse is a beast even though he does not have amazing sack numbers also.  Love how Maye is playing he is easily the 2nd best QB and to some might be the 1st QB as well.  Fashanu is super talented and arguably the best OL in the draft.  

1 Caleb Williams USC JR QB
2 Drake Maye UNC RS SOPH QB
3 Marvin Harrison Jr Ohio State RS SOPH WR
4 Brock Bowers Georgia JR TE
5 Olumuyiwa Fashanu Penn State RS JR OT
6 Jared Verse  Florida State RS JR DE
7 Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH QB
8 Dallas Turner Alabama JR DE/OLB
9 Cooper DeJean Iowa JR CB/S
10 Malik Nabers LSU JR WR

The rest there are some question marks in terms of top guys.  Dallas Turner has been great and he is top 10 arguably and DeJean is so talented as well but Alt has been very suspect the last few weeks, Latham as well and he might have to transition to OG in the NFL.  Suamataia I love but is still very raw, Kool-Aid has been just so so and I guess Nabers has been rock solid and so has Ewers in my book.  So maybe those four round out the top 10.  Alt positionally would be top 10 and ahead of Nabers but he is oddly enough been so bad of late, really strange.  In 2022 Alt allowed zero sacks, no way that is the case even in the past two games, he has got beat multiple times and lost balance more than once.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Last year Trenton Simpson was a first round pick until the season ended and wound up going in the 3rd. What are the chances Trotter or Carter slip to Day 2? Late Round 2 and Round 3 seems like the sweet spot for many LBs to go. 

Trenton Simpson I never had as a 1st round pick, athletically sure he was great but his instincts kind of suck honestly, I was disappointed the times I saw him play on Clemson last year considering the hype he had coming in.  He fell because of that.  Trotter does not have bad instincts and neither does Carter so not sure either one of them slip.  I could easily see Trotter going to the Cowboys because of the awful depth they have at LB, no clue what they will do without Vander Esch, honestly Clark is like the only LB left on the roster, maybe Parsons will have to move to ILB...Bell already has been put at that other LB spot...

But Trotter no question could go 1st round to a variety of teams and Carter I think the 49ers would love him to add a much needed 3rd LB to that group in case Warner or Greenlaw go down.  

Teams are copying that 49ers style of defense where they have or want speed LBs who can really run and hit, they did it with the Jets and now will be with the Texans and sure a few other teams will also in the Bills, Bengals, Raiders, Seattle, Saints etc....even do it with the Chiefs and play with one LB rushing a lot or at least the 3rd one can, same with the Eagles.  

So these LBs could all benefit from that potentially and all are having really solid seasons.  Payton Wilson is playing amazing and if Trotter and Lawson are gone I could see the Cowboys wanting him potentially.  And Cooper was insanely good against Bama last weekend, and Watson is amazing and is super big and even good in coverage, and Dumas-Johnson can really run and hit as well.  Bertrand I really like also and Gray is a tackling machine and Jacobs is very athletic also.  

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH
Jeremiah Trotter Jr Clemson JR
Barrett Carter Clemson JR
Payton Wilson NC State RS 
Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M RS JR
Nathaniel Watson Miss State RS
Jamon Dumas-Johnson Georgia JR
JD Bertrand Notre Dame RS
Cedric Gray UNC
Curtis Jacobs Penn State

Fact is though honestly if one is not considering an Edge rusher or 3/4 OLB as a OLB, in terms of true OLBs there are not many at all who are legit NFL level players, some are potential stars but it is not a very deep group.  In terms of true depth, the 4/3 OLB spot might be the weakest position in the up coming draft.  There is good depth at ILB but true OLB types there are many five or so, even the above list of 10 only three are true OLBs arguably but others might be able to pull it off in a 4/3 possibly.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 5:19 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I personally don't see Penix getting out of the Top 10. I haven't done full scouting reports yet but I can't imagine I'll have Ewers ranked ahead of him. I think there's an argument Penix is closer to QB2 than he is to QB4. 

Possibly, but to me Maye has better pocket mechanics and has more upside than Penix.  Penix is with a coach he gets along with greatly and gets the most out of him, not to mention he has the best core three receivers of any team in college.  No team has three better solid receivers than Washington with Odunze who is probably a 1st rounder and Polk and McMillan.  They also have Bernard who is a freak show athletically and he is the freaking 4th WR on that team.  Not terrible at TE either or at RB with Dillon Johnson the tough Miss State transfer.

The dude is on a loaded roster with an offense he loves and a coach he really performs for.  Not sure that will be the case in the NFL and his injury history is pretty scary as well.  Will be interesting to watch him perform with the absolute target on his back and Washington's back the rest of the season.

To me though Maye and Ewers easily have more upside than Penix who is in his what 6th season in college.  He is absolutely worth a 1st round pick though, but take the Vikings I would like Ewers there more because he has more arm talent and more upside arguably than Penix.

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Possibly, but to me Maye has better pocket mechanics and has more upside than Penix.  Penix is with a coach he gets along with greatly and gets the most out of him, not to mention he has the best core three receivers of any team in college.  No team has three better solid receivers than Washington with Odunze who is probably a 1st rounder and Polk and McMillan.  They also have Bernard who is a freak show athletically and he is the freaking 4th WR on that team.  Not terrible at TE either or at RB with Dillon Johnson the tough Miss State transfer.

The dude is on a loaded roster with an offense he loves and a coach he really performs for.  Not sure that will be the case in the NFL and his injury history is pretty scary as well.  Will be interesting to watch him perform with the absolute target on his back and Washington's back the rest of the season.

To me though Maye and Ewers easily have more upside than Penix who is in his what 6th season in college.  He is absolutely worth a 1st round pick though, but take the Vikings I would like Ewers there more because he has more arm talent and more upside arguably than Penix.

Ya I'm not arguing Maye / Penix. Just saying I think he's closer to Maye than he is Ewers (or anyone else). Texas' roster is loaded. They are similarly deep with WR weapons & likely a better OLine. I haven't really seen the evidence to suggest Ewers has "more arm talent". It doesn't get a whole lot better than Penix tbh so perhaps I'll need to do a deep dive on Ewers here soon if you feel so confident in that take. 

7 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Ya I'm not arguing Maye / Penix. Just saying I think he's closer to Maye than he is Ewers (or anyone else). Texas' roster is loaded. They are similarly deep with WR weapons & likely a better OLine. I haven't really seen the evidence to suggest Ewers has "more arm talent". It doesn't get a whole lot better than Penix tbh so perhaps I'll need to do a deep dive on Ewers here soon if you feel so confident in that take. 

The top four receivers on Texas are no way better than the top four on Washington.  Not sure who the fourth WR on Texas would even be, sure Sanders is better as a TE by far than the Washington TEs though but those top three receivers on Washington beat Texas no question.  Depth at RB Texas has and yeah the OL as well.

Arm talent Ewers no question is better with off platform throws or flick of the wrist throws quickly.  Penix Jr has better deep ball accuracy potentially but again he has played college football or been around for 6 years, Ewers 3 and not sure one can even count that first year on Ohio State where he did not do a thing and transferred after what four months.  Penix Jr in no way looked like Ewers does now in only his second year as a starter in college, and Ewers to me is still very raw and has a lot of upside.

Penix Jr not sure he can get much better than he is right now but we will see.  

On 10/18/2023 at 8:28 PM, Ozzy said:

The top four receivers on Texas are no way better than the top four on Washington.  Not sure who the fourth WR on Texas would even be, sure Sanders is better as a TE by far than the Washington TEs though but those top three receivers on Washington beat Texas no question.  Depth at RB Texas has and yeah the OL as well.

Arm talent Ewers no question is better with off platform throws or flick of the wrist throws quickly.  Penix Jr has better deep ball accuracy potentially but again he has played college football or been around for 6 years, Ewers 3 and not sure one can even count that first year on Ohio State where he did not do a thing and transferred after what four months.  Penix Jr in no way looked like Ewers does now in only his second year as a starter in college, and Ewers to me is still very raw and has a lot of upside.

Penix Jr not sure he can get much better than he is right now but we will see.  

I never said better than. I'd disagree with Ewers having more arm talent. Penix isn't quite as mobile & doesn't display it as often, but he throws darts on the move. 

Week 8: Prospect Standouts

*Chris Braswell  RS JR OLB Alabama:  I mentioned before I hope he returns to school but I might need to change that.  Had a great game against Tennessee and showed great quickness and athletic ability off the edge for Bama.  Dude is legit and arguably is playing as good as his teammate Dallas Turner who will be a lock top 15 pick.  I could see Braswell maybe going 2nd round if he keeps up on this pace, one of the most improved players in the country and has really taken his game to another level.

*JT Tuimoloau RS SOPH DE Ohio State:  He needs to play Penn State every game obviously, was amazing last year against them and played well in this one also against some solid tackles on Penn State.  I like the push he got off the edge and how he was able to knock them back and really get after it.  Just need him to put it all together consistently, he has yet to really do that but this was a start and his play has improved the past few weeks.

*Jalen Milroe RS SOPH QB Alabama:  I love how he is playing and how energetic he is on the field as a vocal leader.  Played loose and it showed, confidently throwing the football even though as a runner he could be total dynamite.  Totally different player than when he started the year and got to love that cannon arm he has.  Will be fun to watch as the year goes on.  

*Nathaniel Watson RS SR LB Miss State:  Love the dude, kind of underrate him a bit at times but kid can play and cover along with get after the passer and get sacks.  Love his size and versatility, awesome prospect with a real standout game but that is almost common for him.  With his pass rush potential he could get looks into the 1st round potentially.

*Deontae Lawson RS SOPH ILB Alabama:  Played a standout game for Bama and I love the energy he played with throughout the game.  Big time athlete for the position and if he can stay healthy I think he is well worth a 1st round selection and is arguably the most talented ILB in the nation and that is impressive because there are some good ones around the country.

*Sione Vaki SOPH S Utah:  What a game by a safety, had well over 100 yards as a receiver and ran for over 70 yards as well.  What special performance he put on in a big stage, historic really, name me a safety that has done that before.  So the dude is a must watch for sure and he is not a bad safety either and did play on defense also.  What a program at Utah with a guy like Vaki and his performance much less beating the team with the current Heisman Trophy winner and having your 2nd/3rd string QB do it.

*Jihaad Campbell SOPH ILB Alabama:  Best game of his career by far, really is quite a pair with he and Lawson in the middle.  Love his size and athletic ability for the position and he should be the starter from here on at that spot and not Marshall, we will see how he looks going forward.  

*Daequan Hardy RS SR CB Penn State:  I like how he played in this game, very active and showed that athletic ability no question.  Odd one does not see more from him, he has been around for a very long time.  Hopefully he gets more consistent play time as the outside CB or the slot CB.  

*Tyler Nubin SR S Minnesota:  A strong game by him and he made a lot of plays.  Has been disappointing at times this year with the total defensive efforts but a lot of that was the other guys around him making mistakes.  And have to love his ability on special teams to run down on punt coverage.  

*Joe Evans RS SR LB Iowa:  Really liked how he played on the edge for Iowa, has been good for awhile and productive not only in pass rush situations but against the run.  In the right 3/4 OLB system he could be solid in the NFL and has a chance to play 4/3 DE in the right system as well.  Good solid player having a sound year.

*Jordan Hancock RS SOPH CB Ohio State:  Impressive showing with Burke out by Hancock, was very consistent in coverage and smooth.  Part of a very surprisingly good Ohio State secondary that is much improved from last year.  

*Ramel Keyton RS SR WR Tennessee:  Is nothing amazing by as a late round pick he could be decent.  I like his quickness and route running, does need to improve on his body control and overall consistency though as a pass catcher.

Others who impressed:

Kobe King RS SOPH LB Penn State

Josh Proctor RS SR S Ohio State 

Tory Taylor SR P Iowa

Davison Igbinosun SOPH CB Ohio State

Kenyatta Jackson Jr RS FR DE Ohio State

Javon Baker SR WR UCF

Aaron Graves SOPH DT Iowa

Isaiah Bond SOPH WR Alabama

Daniel Jackson SR WR Minnesota

Jase McClellan SR RB Alabama

Anthony Smith RS FR DE Minnesota

Kamren Kinchens JR S Miami FL 

Kalen King JR CB Penn State

Joshua Farmer RS SOPH DT Florida State

Zachariah Branch FR WR USC

Caedan Wallace RS SR OT Penn State

Calen Bullock JR S USC

Dylan Sampson SOPH RB Tennessee

Aaron Beasley RS SR LB Tennessee

Disappointed

Drew Allar SOPH QB Penn State - Really bad game by him, not sure if it was the OL not playing great or their lack of WRs but he disappointed for sure in a big moment.  The fact he is an Ohio kid I think got to him and he did not look comfortable at all out there.  Will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

Michael Penix Jr RS SR QB Washington -  Without two of those big four WRs he struggled for sure, not as many targets and sure the weather did not help either.  I do not like how he falls backward after he throws the ball at times and is not strong in the pocket with an odd release.  They still got the W but those turnovers were an issue and the lack of tons of WR talent around him like usual showed.  

Riley Leonard JR QB Duke - I like him as a competitor and a leader, super athlete but he really needs to come back to school and develop more.  I know the talk of him being some top 10 pick or something but dude struggles throwing the football no question and really needs some more time.  Especially in a QB class that is so deep so not not return to school.

KJ Jefferson RS SR QB Arkansas - Did not play well but also does not have a great run game or OL or even WRs.  Not a good showing for him and honestly his weight could be an issue in the NFL, especially if he is putting Skittles into his body that often during the game.  Sure Marshawn Lynch did that but KJ Jefferson is not athletically like Marshawn Lynch who ran a 4.48 40 with a 35.5" vertical and did 20 reps at 225.  

IN:  Players put into my 7 round mock Draft, Braswell I took out and Kinchens but both I put back in especially with Kinchens back of injury and Braswell with how good he has been playing, a few other low rated guys who could get picked up late also.

Chris Braswell  RS JR OLB Alabama 

Kamren Kinchens Miami FL JR S 

Ramel Keyton RS SR WR Tennessee

Ricky Pearsall RS SR WR Florida 

Daequan Hardy Penn State RS SR CB

Josh Proctor Ohio State RS SR S

Javon Baker UCF SR WR

Aaron Beasley Tennessee RS SR OLB

Jase McClellan Alabama SR RB 

Caedan Wallace Penn State RS SR OT

OUT:  Players I took out of the 7 round mock, Sanders because of that injury and assuming he is hurt all year, super talented but might return to school.  Trice is just lacking production and elite level play, Williams does not look quite as dominant against better competition compared to what he looked like earlier.  And Rising is out for the season and I would assume he returns to Utah for another year potentially.

Tyleik Williams Ohio State RS SOPH DT

Raheim Sanders Arkansas JR RB

Bralen Trice Washington JR DE 

Cameron Rising Utah RS SR QB  

Jake Sullivan USC SR DE

Phillip Brooks Kansas State RS SR WR

Ryan O'Keefe Boston College RS SR WR

Brady Latham Arkansas RS SR OG

TJ Franklin Baylor RS SR DE 

Shane Lee USC RS SR LB

Johnny Hodges TCU SR ILB

A few thoughts on JJ McCarthy, hard to evaluate him with the talent around him the past two seasons, especially on the OL.  But he is a pro style QB and great athlete, but is not asked to win games really for them.  Did a quick estimate on draft ranking for some of the guys and the ones in bold are potentially pack next year.  So most likely it is a one and done and McCarthy is most likely gone after this season especially if they win the National Title.  Same can be said for Jim Harbaugh especially if they win and with all the NCAA stuff going on this year and trouble they have got in.  Just on offense it is nuts, if say JJ comes back that entire OL is most likely gone outside of Hinton if he wants to return.  At least they have Loveland and Mullings but they lose a ton or talent that is for sure.

WR R. Wilson 6-7 round pick
WR C. Johnson 6-7 round or UDFA
OT K. Barnhart 3-5 round pick
OG T. Keegan 2-3 round pick
C D. Nugent 2-4 round pick
OG Z. Zinter 2-3 round pick
OT M. Hinton/ L. Henderson 5-6 round pick
TE C. Loveland/  AJ Barner 7 round or UDFA
RB B. Corum 1-2 round pick / K. Mullings
RB D. Edwards 2-4 round pick

DE B. McGregor 5-7 round pick or UDFA / D. Moore
NT K. Grant
DT K. Jenkins 2-3 round pick/ M. Graham
DE J. Harrell 6-7 round pick or UDFA/ J. Stewart
OLB M. Barrett 6-7 round pick or UDFA
ILB J Colson 2-4 round pick
OLB E. Hausmann
CB W. Johnson
CB M. Sainristill 4-6 round pick
CB K. Wallace
SS M. Paige
FS K. Sabb

Last year they lost Ronnie Bell but Wilson has replaced him well.  They lost Schoonmaker who was a big time reach and Loveland will easily be a better pro I feel and could be a 1st rounder.  They also lost Hayes and Oluwatimi on the OL and replaced them easily with transfers this year, not sure that could happen again with five positions.  Mazi Smith and Mike Morris were lost last year but Jenkins, Graham and Grant easily replaced them along with the transfer Stewart.  

Will be interesting how the season ends for them because they have really really destroyed everyone they have played basically all year.  Penn State and Ohio State coming up in the next four weeks after a bye.  It is a team motivated group though and a player lead group so they could totally compete for the National Title no doubt.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Week 8: Prospect Standouts

**Sione Vaki SOPH S Utah:  What a game by a safety, had well over 100 yards as a receiver and ran for over 70 yards as well.  What special performance he put on in a big stage, historic really, name me a safety that has done that before.  So the dude is a must watch for sure and he is not a bad safety either and did play on defense also.  What a program at Utah with a guy like Vaki and his performance much less beating the team with the current Heisman Trophy winner and having your 2nd/3rd string QB do it.

Shaq Thompson 

9 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Shaq Thompson 

Good call but he was a LB when he played on offense for Washington wasn't he and that was not as random as Vaki at WR when he was more a RB before.  Didn't he do both in this game RB and WR.

Myles Jack played RB as a LB also but a safety playing RB and WR is pretty damn rare but less on the road against a top 25 team a current Heisman Trophy winner.  Oh and leading the team in receiving yards by a wide margin with a backup QB throwing him the ball.  Wasn't it literally the first passes he has caught in his career?  

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good call but he was a LB when he played on offense for Washington wasn't he and that was not as random as Vaki at WR when he was more a RB before.  Didn't he do both in this game RB and WR.

Myles Jack played RB as a LB also but a safety playing RB and WR is pretty damn rare but less on the road against a top 25 team a current Heisman Trophy winner.  Oh and leading the team in receiving yards by a wide margin with a backup QB throwing him the ball.  Wasn't it literally the first passes he has caught in his career?  

I’m not knocking your breakdowns at all, because I look forward to viewing them each and every week, but you asked us to mention another name from the defensive side of the ball (not cornerback) to impact the game at running back. Shaq Thompson were the only one, who I could recall from the top of my memory as a safety in his first year at Washington, before making the switch to linebacker. 

Quick turnaround: What were your thoughts on Terrion Arnold this week, after being benched by Nick Saban?

31 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

I’m not knocking your breakdowns at all, because I look forward to viewing them each and every week, but you asked us to mention another name from the defensive side of the ball (not cornerback) to impact the game at running back. Shaq Thompson were the only one, who I could recall from the top of my memory as a safety in his first year at Washington, before making the switch to linebacker. 

Quick turnaround: What were your thoughts on Terrion Arnold this week, after being benched by Nick Saban?

Benched?  I believe Amos went in because Arnold got hurt not because he was benched. 

And I did say name a safety not a linebacker, just because Thompson was a safety at one point did not mean that final season at Washington he was not a LB and played RB which has happened before with other players.  Safety play WR and RB, now that does not happen much if ever much less the circumstance which was pretty impressive in itself.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Benched?  I believe Amos went in because Arnold got hurt not because he was benched. 

And I did say name a safety not a linebacker, just because Thompson was a safety at one point did not mean that final season at Washington he was not a LB and played RB which has happened before with other players.  Safety play WR and RB, now that does not happen much if ever much less the circumstance which was pretty impressive in itself.  

I were flipping back and forth between all the games, that I thought he were benched by the time I returned for giving up that 1 big play on the Alabama sideline in front of Saban.

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

KJ Jefferson RS SR QB Arkansas - Did not play well but also does not have a great run game or OL or even WRs.  Not a good showing for him and honestly his weight could be an issue in the NFL, especially if he is putting Skittles into his body that often during the game.  Sure Marshawn Lynch did that but KJ Jefferson is not athletically like Marshawn Lynch who ran a 4.48 40 with a 35.5" vertical and did 20 reps at 225.  

Could probably say the same about his teammate Sanders who got up to 242 this year and all of a sudden is having knee swelling issues. 

Idk why some college programs think putting all of this weight on guys is going to help them out. Being stronger does you no good if you can't move.