2024 NFL Draft 7 Round Mock/Ranking and Prospect Standouts (Edited 3/29/24)

Ozzy

IN

(Kind of surprised Arnold declared, he still has a chance to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick but could have been a lock 1st rounder in 2025 I feel with continued improvement.  Honestly in terms of impact probably was more productive than Kool-Aid this year.  Murphy is also a bit of a surprise but solid player, and Brooks clearly just based on the injury and being afraid of getting hurt again.  But in this class not sure I would take Brooks higher than a lot of other backs that declared.)

Terrion Arnold Alabama RS SOPH CB

Byron Murphy II Texas SR DT

Ladd McConkey Georgia RS JR WR

Jonathon Brooks Texas JR RB

Cameron Ward Washington State SR QB

OUT

(McCoy returning to school was a good choice with the injuries and in that offense he should have a big year if he is healthy.  Moore returning is a bit of a surprise but curious if he will transition to safety next year or be the starting boundary corner.  Lawson I would agree with him returning, still has to work on his coverage but is a potential 1st rounder no question and Tyleik surprised he returned but dude is a force and no doubt 1st round potential.)

Bru McCoy Tennessee RS SR WR

Malachi Moore Alabama SR CB

Tyleik Williams Ohio State RS SOPH DT

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB

Ruben Hyppolite II Maryland SR ILB

Alright Ozzy couple things for the Falcons my friend.

1. You need to update the Jags pick to the Falcons it;s not a 4th rounder anymore we own their 3rd rounder now instead.  Ridley played more than 60% of the snaps for them which turned that pick into a 3rd.  Could be a 2nd round pick if they give him a new contract but for now it's a 3rd.

2. We only have 1 WR on the entire roster under contract as of right now and that is drake London.  So we 100% have to look at that position in the 1st 3 rounds to add to that spot.

3. I love that you gave us edge rusher lord knows we can use 1 or 2 but we don't need 3 or 4 of htem back to back to back XD  We do have some other needs there like WR, SS, C, RT, and maybe CB :D

So with that said here is how i would have went with each pick as of your latest mock.

1st.  Jayden Daniels - You nailed this pick it;s the best pick we can pray for come draft day.  A+ everytime

2nd - Chop Robinson - Again you killed it with this one legit 1st round edge guy in round 2  A+ everytime for chop here.

3.Troy Franklin - Here we need to get a legit #2 or 3 WR since we only have 1.  Franklin could go late 1st on talent and upside.  Love his pairing with london and a good FA WR.

3b(from jags) - Leonard Taylor - DT/DE - Here we can target another good DT/DE player who imo is a round 2 guy and add to the D-line. 

4th - Tyler Guyton - Very talented player that hopefully can replace McGary and get that bum off our team at RT and save us some cap space.  Almost wen Ladd here at WR to double up as i have Ladd round 2 as well but you will see why with the next pick i didn't.

5th -  Xavier Legette - also another round 2 guy for me and this is a MASSIVE STEAL this gives us 3 WR's now on the roster that are super talented and we can target a FA WR as well to finish out that group and give the new QB alot of weapons.

6th round - Honestly im not to picky here just BPA talent wise or look at SS, CB, C, good ST players.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ozzy said:

NC State
Grayson McCall QB

I am going to interested to see him in a real offense.  He has the ability and arm strength to be good.  Coastal Carolina did him no favors with their offense.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:48 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Alright Ozzy couple things for the Falcons my friend.

1. You need to update the Jags pick to the Falcons it;s not a 4th rounder anymore we own their 3rd rounder now instead.  Ridley played more than 60% of the snaps for them which turned that pick into a 3rd.  Could be a 2nd round pick if they give him a new contract but for now it's a 3rd.

2. We only have 1 WR on the entire roster under contract as of right now and that is drake London.  So we 100% have to look at that position in the 1st 3 rounds to add to that spot.

3. I love that you gave us edge rusher lord knows we can use 1 or 2 but we don't need 3 or 4 of htem back to back to back XD  We do have some other needs there like WR, SS, C, RT, and maybe CB :D

So with that said here is how i would have went with each pick as of your latest mock.

1st.  Jayden Daniels - You nailed this pick it;s the best pick we can pray for come draft day.  A+ everytime

2nd - Chop Robinson - Again you killed it with this one legit 1st round edge guy in round 2  A+ everytime for chop here.

3.Troy Franklin - Here we need to get a legit #2 or 3 WR since we only have 1.  Franklin could go late 1st on talent and upside.  Love his pairing with london and a good FA WR.

3b(from jags) - Leonard Taylor - DT/DE - Here we can target another good DT/DE player who imo is a round 2 guy and add to the D-line. 

4th - Tyler Guyton - Very talented player that hopefully can replace McGary and get that bum off our team at RT and save us some cap space.  Almost wen Ladd here at WR to double up as i have Ladd round 2 as well but you will see why with the next pick i didn't.

5th -  Xavier Legette - also another round 2 guy for me and this is a MASSIVE STEAL this gives us 3 WR's now on the roster that are super talented and we can target a FA WR as well to finish out that group and give the new QB alot of weapons.

6th round - Honestly im not to picky here just BPA talent wise or look at SS, CB, C, good ST players.

I am still in the process of getting the order correct.  The first thing I looked at had some trade with the Falcons but yes now that I see it that is no longer the case.  I am going to have to rethink their entire draft now with Arthur Smith being fired, they could have a totally new look but I would be shocked if they did not want to move on from Ridder.  But sadly for them there could be a huge change Daniels is not sitting there at #9 potentially.  Then again he very well could be.

• Like 1

Championship game standouts:

*Mason Graham Michigan SOPH DT:  Another dominating game by him, has such push and power and really he controlled the middle and took advantage of the smaller Washington center.  Very promising talent with ability to move guys and get off blocks.

*Kenneth Grant Michigan SOPH DT:  Had that one really impressive play and overall was a force inside and like Graham took advantage of the weaker OG and C in that Washington OL where the OTs are the strong point.  Huge athletic ability from Grant and with just he and Graham back next year that defense will be an issue for everyone just because of those two.  

*Troy Fautanu Washington RS JR OT/OG:  Love him as a prospect, almost a lock 1st round pick.  Had some real standout blocks and had that one highlight reel block in motion on that quick screen to the WR.  Really interesting player, could be a monster guard in the NFL or could be a good RT potentially.  Love of upside and was key to the Washington run to the championship game.  

*Karsen Barnhart Michigan RS SR OG/OT:  Really good game by him, that move to guard helped him a lot, was pretty suspect at OT but as a guard he is promising and with that OT swing ability that will increase his draft stock.  Could be a mid round pick, did have a great game though and was big in the run game.  

*Mike Sainristil Michigan SR CB:  Love his toughness and played big game, such an interesting talent with that slot nickle cover skills and being a former WR.  Would be very surprised if he is not gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

*Rome Odunze Washington RS JR WR:  Super impressive game by him, especially going up against arguably the best CB in college football in Will Johnson.  More than held his own and took advantage of Will more than a few times.  Super impressive receiver with the ball in the air, tracks it so well and can adjust and make difficult catches.  Should be the 2nd WR taken behind Harrison Jr, only chance Coleman goes ahead of him is if he works out great which could happen of course.  But route running and consistency hard to not like Odunze.  

*Donovan Edwards Michigan JR RB:  Corum was a given but the explosive play by Edwards was impressive, got his chance and took advantage of it with those huge runs.  Will be interesting what he does, especially since I assume almost the entire OL is gone outside of what Hinton a backup OT potentially?  Impressive athlete but did not have a dominating season but showed up in this one.

*Roger Rosengarten Washington RS SOPH OT:  Did struggle a few times in pass pro but should be back next year and should be even better.  Solid athlete and will be interesting how he switches to LT assuming he does.  

Notes:  Penix Jr sure showed character with the total beating he took, probably bruised or broke his ribs at some point.  Really took heat up the middle because that little center could not handle the likes of Graham or Grant on the inside.  Penix had a rough game but still made good throws despite being hurt and under pressure.  That injury history is very scary though and could drop him a bit in the draft just that.  As for JJ he played ok but still super limited as a passer but then again does not have great WRs either or an offense that is a passing offense.  Would be very surprised if he returns to school considering he accomplished what he wanted to, but not sure he is a 1st rounder unless Ewers returns to school and a team in the late 1st round takes a shot at JJ McCarthy.  

OUT

All those Minnesota guys returned, apparently Carroll only gave up one sack in almost 300 or so pass blocking attempts at OT which is solid.  Jackson I thought could have been a mid to late round pick but could be a lot better with a better QB.  Batty is talented and could be great next year considering his size.  Taulia in the portal which is odd but could declare still, I believe one player already did that after entering the portal this year.  Walley did not have a great year but is talented, probably right to return.

Justin Walley Minnesota JR CB

Daniel Jackson Minnesota SR WR

Quinn Carroll Minnesota RS SR OG/OT

Tyler Batty BYU JR DE

Nazir Stackhouse Georgia SR DT

Taulia Tagovailoa Maryland RS SR QB

IN

Austin Booker is a surprise but he can play and had a great season, still could have been a higher pick next year potentially with improvement.  Tuli had a fine championship game and is pretty solid, could be a decent late round pick potentially.  Polk, I am kind of surprised declared, McMilan is better than him just was not healthy but Polk could be a decent mid to late round pick.  

Ja'Lynn Polk Washington RS JR WR

Tuli Letuligasenoa Washington RS SR DT

Austin Booker Kansas RS SOPH DE/OLB

Myles Jones Duke RS SR CB

Miyan Williams Ohio State RS JR RB

Adam Bock South Dakota State RS SR ILB

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I am still in the process of getting the order correct.  The first thing I looked at had some trade with the Falcons but yes now that I see it that is no longer the case.  I am going to have to rethink their entire draft now with Arthur Smith being fired, they could have a totally new look but I would be shocked if they did not want to move on from Ridder.  But sadly for them there could be a huge change Daniels is not sitting there at #9 potentially.  Then again he very well could be.

I highly doubt he is there at 8 for us either honestly.  We can hope he is though i think the Falcons best shot at him is if the Bears don't take a QB and go Marvin at WR in the 1st 3 picks somewhere.  With that leaving Zona at 4 and Chargers at 5 with great trade down spots for one of the top 3 QB's the falcons come up and get for a descent value compared to into the top 3.  We could probably go from 8 to 4 or 8 to 5 for   a 2nd rounder and maybe a late rounder somewhere either this year or next.  But if no one trades out from those spots we can always stick at 8 and take Penix maybe he is the only other QB i would take in the 1st round this year.  Although i think i would prefer to trade down some and get him if possible than at 8.    JJ and Bo i wouldn't touch til round 3 at best and honestly before i take them i just roll with Ridder as i think he has more upside than both tools wise.    Fields for a 2nd or 3rd rounder would also be a viable choice but only if we miss out on Daniels, Maye, Williams, and Penix 1st. 

The reason i think Zona makes a really good trade partner if Daniels falls there with MHJ gone is that next group of WR's for Zona in Nabers, Odunze, and Coleman are all perfectly set at 8 where their value is.  Same with Chargers for Bowers if they want to trade down some and Daniels falls a bit to them.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:44 PM, Ozzy said:

Rome Odunze Washington RS JR WR:  Super impressive game by him, especially going up against arguably the best CB in college football in Will Johnson.  More than held his own and took advantage of Will more than a few times.  Super impressive receiver with the ball in the air, tracks it so well and can adjust and make difficult catches.  Should be the 2nd WR taken behind Harrison Jr, only chance Coleman goes ahead of him is if he works out great which could happen of course.  But route running and consistency hard to not like Odunze.  

You think Coleman goes before Nabors, who I think goes 2nd off the board?  Odunze has a shot to overtake him, depending on the team that drafts the second WR.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

You think Coleman goes before Nabors, who I think goes 2nd off the board?  Odunze has a shot to overtake him, depending on the team that drafts the second WR.

Coleman is a freak show athlete for his size and he showed that with his punt return skills, not to mention he is a former D1 basketball player as well.  Nabors is overtaken by Coleman and Odunze possibly because both are far superior athletes to Nabors.  Nabors is good but does not have the upside those other two have, but ultimately all depends on how they workout, I would assume Coleman works out great but maybe his 40 will not be as high as it should or something...  

Guys returning to school, Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH QB, kind of surprised by this one but he will increase his stock for sure, could arguably say that Penix Jr and Nix could have been picked over him and he would have been a mid to late round 1st round pick where now he is near the top potentially for 2025.    Emeka Egbuka Ohio State JR WR, not as big of a surprise but I think he would have been a 1st rounder even with a stacked class, did not have a great year though but his QB is a question next year, sure Will Howard is good but not sure he is that much better than McCord.  

Included these guys who all declared for the draft, Mitchell is a bit of a surprise but he is still promising enough and should be a mid round pick.  Bullock is great in coverage but was apart of some very bad defenses on USC, to me there are better safeties than him in this draft no question.  McMillan would be higher if he did not get hurt this past year but he is really promising and his slot potential is really interesting.

Adonai Mitchell Texas JR WR

Calen Bullock USC JR S

Jalen McMillan Washington RS JR WR

It will be interesting how many Michigan players declare, especially Colson and also maybe McGregor.  I assume Hinton returns but overall the dudes going is massive and I would be shocked if McCarthy sticks around.  

Here is where I got the order from, just finished changing what I originally had around to correct it.  Things will change as the playoffs go on and as comp picks change but now I do have those projected comp picks included.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Guys returning to school, Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH QB, kind of surprised by this one but he will increase his stock for sure, could arguably say that Penix Jr and Nix could have been picked over him and he would have been a mid to late round 1st round pick where now he is near the top potentially for 2025.    Emeka Egbuka Ohio State JR WR, not as big of a surprise but I think he would have been a 1st rounder even with a stacked class, did not have a great year though but his QB is a question next year, sure Will Howard is good but not sure he is that much better than McCord.  

Included these guys who all declared for the draft, Mitchell is a bit of a surprise but he is still promising enough and should be a mid round pick.  Bullock is great in coverage but was apart of some very bad defenses on USC, to me there are better safeties than him in this draft no question.  McMillan would be higher if he did not get hurt this past year but he is really promising and his slot potential is really interesting.

Adonai Mitchell Texas JR WR

Calen Bullock USC JR S

Jalen McMillan Washington RS JR WR

It will be interesting how many Michigan players declare, especially Colson and also maybe McGregor.  I assume Hinton returns but overall the dudes going is massive and I would be shocked if McCarthy sticks around.  

Here is where I got the order from, just finished changing what I originally had around to correct it.  Things will change as the playoffs go on and as comp picks change but now I do have those projected comp picks included.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

I read somewhere on a list that Colson declared but it could be wrong 

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I read somewhere on a list that Colson declared but it could be wrong 

You are correct he did declare, good choice based on how well he has played the past few games.  I think he could be a 1st rounder and if not for sure early 2nd rounder.  Dude can play and has played at a high level for a very long time.  Hard to keep track of it all, one has to almost look up each player individually to see if they have declare or are returned to school.   

• Like 1

Curious if Lawson and Moore declare now that Nick Saban has retired.  They already said they would return but that was before that big news. 

Either way Nick Saban not being in college football instantly makes college football worse off.  The dude is a legend and his voice/message will be missed greatly, especially by the generation of today.  

Did some more digging and here are a lot of other players returning to college.  A lot of Kansas players, they have solid WRs in Grimm and Arnold and both return and star CBs, Mello Dotson I had for sure a 2nd rounder with his upside and ball skills, he returns as does his teammate Bryant.  Monheim a solid OT returns and big ones being Henderson and Tuimoloau on Ohio State.  Along with that Muhammad entered the portal after a fine season at Washington and Foster a solid center is back again at A&M

OUT

TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State JR RB

Jabbar Muhammad Washington RS JR CB

JT Tuimoloau Ohio State RS SOPH DE

Jordan Burch Oregon SR DE

Jonah Monheim USC RS JR OT

Mello Dotson Kansas RS JR CB

Lawrence Arnold Kansas RS JR WR

Luke Grimm Kansas SR WR

Bryce Foster Texas A&M JR C

KeAndre Lambert-Smith Penn State SR WR

Ricky Barber UCF RS SR DT

Players I added in because of all of those guys out, I did not have Wiggins but with his upside and size he will take the spot of corners that returned to school.  Maason Smith declared, I did not think had a solid year at all but again with guys returning he could be a mid round pick and solid but still not as dominating as I would have liked, his teammate Wingo is better than he is.  The rest are decent, I like Bock and he could be a player, Devonshire is an underrated CB and Flax I have now drafted with the OL that have left.

IN

Nate Wiggins Clemson JR CB  

Maason Smith LSU RS SOPH DT/DE

MJ Devonshire Pitt RS SR CB 

Adam Bock South Dakota State RS SR ILB  

Jeremy Flax Kentucky SR OT/OG   

Isaac Rex BYU RS SR TE

Tayvion Robinson Kentucky RS SR WR

Jeshuan Jones Maryland RS SR WR

Warren Brinson Georgia SR DE/DT 

Cam Goode Michigan RS SR DT

(Edited)  added some more guys I found out were in the draft based on the Senior Bowl roster:

Chau Smith-Wade Washington St RS JR CB

Braiden McGregor Michigan RS JR DE

AJ Barner Michigan RS JR TE

Rasheen Ali Marshall RS JR RB

Either way it is a lot of talent returning to school that is for sure and not in this draft.  This is in no specific order but all of these guys I had in the 2024 draft at one point and all have returned to school or transferred to another school.  That is 66 players, sure not all are great but some were very highly rated I thought.  Biggest surprises being Ewers I would say along with Barrett Carter and Tyleik Williams.

KeAndre Lambert-Smith Penn State SR WR

Ricky Barber UCF RS SR DT

Jordan Burch Oregon SR DE

Jonah Monheim USC RS JR OT

Mello Dotson Kansas RS JR CB

Lawrence Arnold Kansas RS JR WR

Luke Grimm Kansas SR WR

Bryce Foster Texas A&M JR C

TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State JR RB

Jabbar Muhammad Washington RS JR CB

JT Tuimoloau Ohio State RS SOPH DE

Emeka Egbuka Ohio State JR WR

Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH QB

Justin Walley Minnesota JR CB

Daniel Jackson Minnesota SR WR

Quinn Carroll Minnesota RS SR OG/OT

Tyler Batty BYU JR DE

Nazir Stackhouse Georgia SR DT

Taulia Tagovailoa Maryland RS SR QB

Bru McCoy Tennessee RS SR WR

Malachi Moore Alabama SR CB

Tyleik Williams Ohio State RS SOPH DT

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB

Jay Higgins Iowa SR ILB

Caden Prieskorn Ole Miss RS SR TE

Jared Ivey Ole Miss DE/DT

Barrett Carter Clemson JR OLB

KJ Jefferson Arkansas RS SR QB

Brant Kuithe Utah RS SR TE

Robert Scott Jr Florida State RS JR OT

Michael Carmody Notre Dame SR OT

Doneiko Slaughter Tennessee SR CB

Jeff Sims NA SR QB

Jacoby Windmon Michigan State RS SR DE

Tyler Baron Tennessee SR DE

JaTravis Broughton Utah RS SR CB

Chip Trayanum Ohio State RS JR RB

Fadil Diggs Texas A&M RS JR DE

Julian Fleming Ohio State SR WR

Jalen Catalon Texas RS SR S

Will Sheppard Vandy SR WR

Antwane Wells Jr South Carolina SR WR

Dillon Gabriel Oklahoma RS SR QB

Jamon Dumas-Johnson Georgia JR ILB

JJ Pegues Ole Miss JR DT

Seth McLaughlin Alabama SR C

DJ Uiagalelei Oregon State SR QB

RJ Oben Duke RS SR DE

Graham Mertz Florida RS SR QB

Grayson McCall Coastal Carolina RS SR QB

Zeke Correll Notre Dame SR C

Chris Tyree Notre Dame SR WR/RB

Reggie Grimes NA SR DE

Will Rogers Miss State RS SR QB

Tyler Shough Texas Tech RS SR QB

Cam Jackson Florida JR DT

Raheim Sanders Arkansas JR RB

Cameron Rising Utah RS SR QB

Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse JR WR

Jalen Berger Michigan State RS JR RB

Jestin Jacobs Oregon RS SR OLB

Mario Williams USC JR WR

Jake Renfro Wisconsin RS JR C

Jack Sawyer Ohio State RS SOPH DE

Hank Bachmeier La Tech RS SR QB

Desmond Watson Florida JR NT

Early entry declaration deadline is January 15th.  

Edited by Ozzy