2024 NFL Draft 7 Round Mock/Ranking and Prospect Standouts (Edited 3/29/24)

Ozzy

He's not a guy for 2024 but I'm curious what you see in Deone Walker, @Ozzy. I saw you mention him a while back and liked what I read about him. I love a giant, athletic big man and I was hoping he would be that when I check out one of his games (the Georgia game this year). Unfortunately I didn't see that at all with him (besides being a giant) I saw a guy with poor pad level, being pushed back in the run game, slow off the ball and leaning with rare pass rush moves used. Off that game alone, I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round next year. 

The Broncos front 7 is pretty poor and unathletic and I know this year isn't the best year looking for help there so I was hoping next year might have some impact guys to look forward to. 

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

He's not a guy for 2024 but I'm curious what you see in Deone Walker, @Ozzy. I saw you mention him a while back and liked what I read about him. I love a giant, athletic big man and I was hoping he would be that when I check out one of his games (the Georgia game this year). Unfortunately I didn't see that at all with him (besides being a giant) I saw a guy with poor pad level, being pushed back in the run game, slow off the ball and leaning with rare pass rush moves used. Off that game alone, I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round next year. 

The Broncos front 7 is pretty poor and unathletic and I know this year isn't the best year looking for help there so I was hoping next year might have some impact guys to look forward to. 

Ok for one Georgia has one of the best OLs in college football and their center will possibly be a 1st round pick and every guy on that line is probably going to play in the NFL.

Deone Walker is legit, sure still needs to work on his consistency but in terms of true sophomore players that big, he is the most legit of all of them but then again there are not many guys that big and athletic.  I assume he completely dominates come next season on Kentucky and already has a bit this season.  One has those two huge dudes on Florida with Watson and Jackson, I would take Walker over them all day.  And Hutmacher is very good on Nebraska and so is Ty Robinson and I would take Walker over them as well.  Tyleik Williams and Kenneth Grant are two very promising guys as well but I would take Walker over them potentially also.  

Just watch more of Walker he does not disappoint, they guy is rare athletically for that massive size.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ok for one Georgia has one of the best OLs in college football and their center will possibly be a 1st round pick and every guy on that line is probably going to play in the NFL.

Deone Walker is legit, sure still needs to work on his consistency but in terms of true sophomore players that big, he is the most legit of all of them but then again there are not many guys that big and athletic.  I assume he completely dominates come next season on Kentucky and already has a bit this season.  One has those two huge dudes on Florida with Watson and Jackson, I would take Walker over them all day.  And Hutmacher is very good on Nebraska and so is Ty Robinson and I would take Walker over them as well.  Tyleik Williams and Kenneth Grant are two very promising guys as well but I would take Walker over them potentially also.  

Just watch more of Walker he does not disappoint, they guy is rare athletically for that massive size. 

Thanks! I'll keep my mind open and maybe revisit him again next year. 

All of these guys I had being drafted but all are returning to school and most are transferring.  Biggest surprise is Carter who could have been a late 1st or 2nd round pick.  Diggs is also a bit of a surprise but he was more a mid round pick.  Sanders is not a surprise especially with his injuries this year.

Barrett Carter Clemson JR OLB

Michael Carmody NA SR OT (Notre Dame)

Doneiko Slaughter NA SR CB  (Tennessee)

Jeff Sims NA SR QB (Nebraska)

Jacoby Windmon NA RS SR DE (Michigan State)

Tyler Baron NA SR DE (Tennessee)

JaTravis Broughton NA RS SR CB (Utah)

Chip Trayanum Kentucky RS JR RB (Ohio State)

Fadil Diggs NA RS JR DE (Texas A&M)

Raheim Sanders NA JR RB (Arkansas)

These players I added or guys who did declare and originally I did not have them declaring.  Miyan Williams is a surprise especially coming off the injury and not playing a ton this year.  Powers-Johnson I liked a lot, very powerful center and he could be the 2nd or 3rd center taken potentially.  Guyton has good power as a RT and is a good addition for a mid round pick in the draft.  Theo Johnson is solid but just a mid round pick I think potentially.  Vaki is a surprise but I guess he graduated high school in 2019 so must have went on a mission.  Interesting talent and flashed that athletic ability at RB that was very impressive, could maybe be a mid round pick but curious what he will play at the next level, I assume safety since he is a rare athlete with rare skills at that position.

Jackson Powers-Johnson Oregon JR C/OG

Sione Vaki Utah JR S/RB

Tyler Guyton Oklahoma RS JR OT

Theo Johnson Penn State RS JR TE

Miyan Williams Ohio State RS JR RB

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39112997/qb-jalen-milroe-returning-alabama-senior-year

Unless some huge name guys return, here is your potential 2025 #1 pick overall.  No one else is really close unless Maye or Williams returns to school....  Surprised Milroe did not declare this year with how great he played but he is still very raw and does not have many snaps either.  Honestly I think he would have been selected 1st round no doubt about it but sure could go higher in 2025.  

Still early but here are some guys who have changed schools, Ole Miss is killing it defensively and getting Wells on offense was big as well if he can stay healthy.  Curious as to why but I cannot really recall a time they have had that many quality defenders potentially.  Sure back in the day with the landsharks but with Nolen and Umanmielen they will be legit on the DL and Nicholson will help a ton at CB and Paul combined with Perkins on D will be pretty solid.  Curious the draw outside of big pay potentially from boosters, because Dart if he is the QB they are still limited overall as a team.  They are losing a lot on the OL I feel potentially and Franklin last year was supposed to be a huge get for him and he never panned out really.  Will be interesting.  Notre Dame did well and Collins could have a real breakout year but does depend on the development and health of Leonard.  

Ole Miss
Walter Nolen DT
Princely Umanmielen DE
Antwane Wells WR
Chris Paul ILB
Tyler Baron DE
Tahveon Nicholson CB
Decamerion Richardson CB
Louis Moore S
Key Lawrence S
Tamarion McDonald S

Notre Dame
Riley Leonard QB
Beaux Collins WR
RJ Oben DE

NC State
Grayson McCall QB
Zeke Correll C
Jordan Waters RB
Justin Joly TE
Wesley Grimes WR

South Carolina
Rahiem Sanders RB
Kyle Kennard DE
Jayden McGowan WR
Jared Brown WR
Oscar Adaway III RB
Brady Hunt TE
Deandre Jules DT

Louisville
Tyler Shough QB
JaCorey Brooks WR
Caullin Lacy WR
Donald Chaney Jr RB
Jordan Guerad DT
Corey Thornton CB
Mark Redman TE
Thor Griffith DL

Colorado
Will Sheppard WR
Chamon Metayer TE
Preston Hodge S
Keaten Wade DL
Khalil Benson OL
Justin Mayers OL
Destin Wade QB

Washington  
Will Rogers QB
Tobias Merriweather WR

Wisconsin
Tyler Van Dyke QB
Leon Lowery LB

Arkansas
Taylen Green QB
Doneiko Slaughter DB

Syracuse
Fadil Diggs DE

Texas Tech
Jalin Conyers TE

Kentucky
Chip Trayanum RB

Michigan
Jaishawn Barham LB

Penn State
Julian Fleming WR

Charlotte
Max Brown QB

Oklahoma
Deion Burks WR
Spencer Brown OT

Oregon
Dillon Gabriel QB

Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Bowl Game Standouts:

*Darius Robinson Missouri RS SR DL:  Very interesting player and could be a great mid round draft pick and possibly higher if he works out well.  It is very impressive if he is a legit 290-300 playing weight.  Looks a lot lighter than that so she is pure muscle.  Productive kid and could be a real riser come draft time, great game along with that entire Missouri front 7.

*Hollin Pierce Rutgers JR OT:  Love watching him as a run blocker, really moves defenders and pushes them around.  Massive man, one to watch going forward assuming he returns to school.  Love that size and power that is for sure but pass pro will need to improve.  

*Drake Stoops Oklahoma RS SR WR:  What a tough kid, has been around what seems like forever, basically 6 years but kid could sneak his way onto a roster with his toughness, ability on special teams and his great slot receiving skills.  Kid can motor and run routes, he has a chance at the next level no question about it and is peaking at the right time.

*Abdul Carter Penn State SOPH LB:  Freak show athlete, all over the field making plays and I love the speed at which he plays for a linebacker.  If he gets a bit stronger he will be hell to stop, good in coverage also with fine awareness.  

*Mohamed Toure Rutgers RS SR OLB:  I had him as a late round pick all season but might need to move him up, could play off ball LB and be pretty solid, impressive game by him in space and attacking the line of scrimmage.  Interesting prospect especially as a OLB.  

*Caden Prieskorn Ole Miss RS SR TE:  Best game he has played all season, I expected more out of him this year but he did have some injuries to start the season.  In this one he made tons of big plays and was a big time pass catching threat in the open field.  Is returning to school for 2024 so will be one of many talented returning players on Ole Miss next year.  

*Tetairoa McMillan Arizona SOPH WR:  The QB could barely get him the ball because he was pressured so much but McMillan still made a ton of plays and showcased his great hands, toughness and big play ability.  Kid is legit, huge weapon and elite prospect for 2025 no question about it.

*Kyle Monangai Rutgers JR RB:  Love his toughness and downhill speed.  Kid has power and great athletic ability, will be one to watch next year and is a real force as a runner.  

*Rivaldo Fairweather Auburn RS JR TE:  Amazing game by him, was a real physical force as a pass catcher, great after the catch breaking tackles and playing aggressively.  Is a big body WR plays in the slot a lot but as a TE he is hell to handle.  Interesting talent and could be poised for a real breakout year in 2024 since he has already said he is returning to school.

*Jaydn Ott Cal SOPH RB:  Interesting talent no question, very versatile and is a big time athlete with big play ability as a runner or pass catcher.  Will be one to watch and is part of a pretty loaded junior RB group potentially.

*Xavier Delgado Missouri RS SR OG:  I need to watch more of him but he was a force in that game against arguably one of the best DL in the nation and none of those big names on Ohio State sat out either.  Delgado held his own and could be a legit guard in the NFL, thick and powerful player.  

*Jack Sawyer Ohio State JR DE:  Took advantage of a young tackle most of the game but was dominating and it was easily the best game of his career.  Real force out there, will be interesting what he and other Ohio State DL do, if they declare or not.  

*Noah Fifita Arizona RS FR QB:  Was under crazy pressure in that game with poor OL play but Fifita still made throws and kid is legit.  Love his ability to throw on the run and create plays, will be one to watch next year with that entire Arizona program.  

*Cooper Beebe Kansas State RS SR OG:  Very strong game by him, love his ability to move and pull as a guard.  Tough kid and should be a solid guard in the NFL for years potentially.  Have to like his toughness and grit as a player.

*Rueben Bain Jr Miami FL FR DE:  Very promising edge player with good size and toughness inside.  Is not just a speed rusher, he can move offensive lineman and really uses his hands well.  Could be a super star down the road if he continues to develop.

*Kevin Concepcion NC State FR WR:  Love his big play ability and ability to run after the catch, is even a RB for them basically a lot of the time as well out of the backfield.  Big time weapon and should have a monster season next year.

*Cody Schrader Missouri SR RB:  Have to love his grit and toughness as a running back.  Very strong inside runner and in the right system he will do very well in the NFL possibly.  Such a force for Missouri and a huge reason for that programs success.  

*Ashton Jeanty SOPH RB Boise State: The kid is a force, love the power he runs with and he can catch it out of the backfield as well.  Promising talent and another next year junior RB to watchout for.  

*Bennie Bishop West Virginia RS SR CB:  I like his ability in the slot and how versatile he is, kid can make plays even in the return game as well.  Will be a solid late round pickup potentially with his special teams ability and his ability to play the slot.  

Others who impressed:

Avery Johnson Kansas State FR QB

Dani Dennis-Sutton Penn State SOPH DE

Olaivavega Ioane Penn State RS FR OG

Rashod Owens Oklahoma State RS JR WR

Hudson Clement West Virginia RS FR WR

Brady Cook Missouri RS JR QB

Kobe King Penn State RS SOPH ILB

Johnny Walker Jr Missouri RS JR DE

Triston Newson Missouri JR LB

Tahj Brooks Texas Tech RS JR RB

Behren Morton Texas Tech RS SOPH QB

Miller Moss USC RS SOPH QB

Gavin Sawchuk Oklahoma RS FR RB

Tre Harris Ole Miss RS JR WR

JJ Jones UNC JR WR

Jared Ivey Ole Miss SR DE

Isaiah Coe Oklahoma RS SR DT

Gunner Maldonado Arizona RS JR S

7 Round Mock Draft Changes:

IN

Darius Robinson Missouri RS SR DL

Drake Stoops Oklahoma RS SR WR

Xavier Delgado Missouri RS SR OG

Isaiah Coe Oklahoma RS SR DT

OUT

Jared Ivey Ole Miss DE/DT (Returning to school)

Miyan Williams Ohio State RS JR RB

Nay'Quan Wright USF RS SR RB

DJ Brown Notre Dame SR S

Will be interesting the Georgia vs Florida State game today, all the people losing their mind of FSU being left out, well when Georgia absolutely destroys them what will they be saying then?  Oh it is because all of the opt outs, maybe but fact is without their starting QB in Travis FSU would have got killed by Georgia even if most of their best players played in the game.  

And as for the people hating on the Ohio State vs Missouri game and the low score, well they can drink a warm glass of shut the hell up.  That was an entertaining game because it was actually a challenge to score, games where the defense does not even show up and have no chance it stopping the offense, that is just crap football to watch because there is no back and forth and no challenge.  Big plays in defensive games are actually big plays, in a shootout it is just par for the course.  

Edited by Ozzy

Posted (edited)

Bowl Game Standouts:

*Michael Penix Jr Washington RS SR QB:  Ripped it up in that game, just continues to impress in very big moments.  Sure his release at times and footwork are questionable but he sure is accurate with the football and is one hell of a deep ball throwing threat.  Could be rising up the class possibly and might jump ahead of Ewers even.  Only issue in his injury history but oddly enough he does not take many sacks at all because of his knowledge of the game and his quick release plus his ability to avoid pressure and still make throws.

*Will Pauling Wisconsin RS SOPH WR:  Was very hard to handle but then again was going up against some poor LSU CBs, still the kid was a big play waiting to happen and his speed and quickness was very hard to deal with.  Coming into next year assuming he returns he could be a big time threat especially with that new look passing offense.

*Bralen Trice Washington JR DE/OLB:  What a force on the edge and gives such consistent effort.  Will be hard for teams not to take him in the 1st round with the motor he plays with.  Did not have a great year but was a great game against a solid Texas OL and Trice has had a few solid efforts in big games late this season no question.  

*Tanner Mordecai Wisconsin RS SR QB:  Has been hurt a lot of the year but really put on a show in this one throwing the football all over and making plays with his legs.  Interesting talent and could maybe be a late round draft pick potentially with all the QBs who have decided to return to school.  Might be worth a look, tough kid and competitive that is for sure.  

*Mekhi Wingo LSU JR DT/DE:  Great play by him late that really won the game on that final defensive hold for LSU.  Has been hurt a lot this year but when healthy he can get after the QB and is hard to handle.  

*Junior Colson Michigan RS SOPH ILB:  Had a great game and despite being injured with a cast on his hand kid can make plays and was all over the field in this one.  Promising talent for sure, will have a choice to make about his future, could go either way.  

*Nico Iamaleava Tennessee FR QB: Promising talent and have to love that size and his ability to run the football and throw on the move.  Tennessee is set for the next few years that is for sure, will be interesting to see him develop as a passer in that spread system.

Others who impressed:

Nate Kalepo Washington RS JR OG

Mason Graham Michigan SOPH DT

Bryson Green Wisconsin RS JR WR

Greg Penn III LSU JR ILB

James Burnip Alabama RS JR P

David Gbenda Texas RS SR OLB

IN 
(Added in Mims to a potential 1st rounder since he declared, kind of a surprise because of all his injury issues this past year but with a big dude that athletic hard to not be good and sure he is worried about getting hurt again so why not declare, should be a 1st rounder no question.)  

Tanner Mordecai Wisconsin RS SR QB

Amarius Mims Georgia JR OT

Ruben Hyppolite II Maryland SR ILB

OUT  
(I took Lawson out because of his play in the bowl game, really back and worth on him if he should declare or not.  Right now I would lean towards not but will be interesting what he decides.  Jay Higgins is returning to Iowa also so that is a surprise, kid is a stud but could improve his stock for next year but does depend on if Lawson or Colson declare or not because if both do Higgins is arguably #1 ILB for next year possibly)

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB

Jay Higgins Iowa SR ILB

Brennan Armstrong NC State RS SR QB

Edited by Ozzy

If this is the draft Washington walked away with I would be so underwhelmed with our new regime. You can't take Fashanu at two, pass on Maye or Daniels and then take McCarthy in the second. That's just awful. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Bowl game standouts without Bo Nix on there?

True he is worth a mention, but is also kind of expected at this point.  Right now I have him over Ewers honestly and possibly a 1st rounder same with Penix.  He had a great game, love his character and mobility as a QB, can really pin point his passes on the move and is a top notch dude.  

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

If this is the draft Washington walked away with I would be so underwhelmed with our new regime. You can't take Fashanu at two, pass on Maye or Daniels and then take McCarthy in the second. That's just awful. 

True but that OL is awful and with Maye having a somewhat suspect year up and down not sure they take him where Fashanu is more of a sure thing.  Also McCarthy could be a nice pickup 2nd round, no pressure and he can sit and develop, plus are they totally done with Howell, not sure about that either thus I have them not going QB high 1st round.  

Sure they would love Penix or Nix in that 2nd round spot but not sure that happens.  Really depends on where some other veteran QBs end up going either free agency or a trade, is Cousins going somewhere else, is Murray, is Daniel Jones etc.  

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True he is worth a mention, but is also kind of expected at this point.  Right now I have him over Ewers honestly and possibly a 1st rounder same with Penix.  He had a great game, love his character and mobility as a QB, can really pin point his passes on the move and is a top notch dude.  

True but that OL is awful and with Maye having a somewhat suspect year up and down not sure they take him where Fashanu is more of a sure thing.  Also McCarthy could be a nice pickup 2nd round, no pressure and he can sit and develop, plus are they totally done with Howell, not sure about that either thus I have them not going QB high 1st round.  

Sure they would love Penix or Nix in that 2nd round spot but not sure that happens.  Really depends on where some other veteran QBs end up going either free agency or a trade, is Cousins going somewhere else, is Murray, is Daniel Jones etc.  

A new regime is taking a QB at 2 my dude. 

Not sure if he will get another year by the NCAA or not, hope he does but doubt it with being his 6th year but stranger things have happened.  Honestly never really stood out as a DB for LSU the times I watched but hard to argue with the courage the kid has.  Super impressive especially in this day and age, increased his level of competition and went little McNeese to going to Marshall and playing/producing then increasing the level again and playing on LSU and producing!  Super impressive kid and had a solid game in a big win for LSU against Wisconsin despite missing a lot of players.