Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

I mean this team has been a disaster class of worst case scenarios with injuries but at the end of the day i want to see consistency even if it doesn't look great due to talent. There is absolutely 0 consistency on this team from any position group outside of maybe Aaron Jones. Personally I still think there is enough talent on this team to look better then they do even with the injuries. 

At this point if they continue to lose and have a top 5 pick clean house from coaching staff on down and start over with a new QB and staff around them. I have no faith in LaFleur at this point. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This time last year, this was a popular train of thought in Houston when referencing Davis Mills. Everything was SO bad, you really had no idea how good Mills was (I mean, I did - I knew Davis Mills wasn't that guy after the '21 season, I didn't need a '22 season with him).

Despite that question making the rounds, the Texans selected CJ Stroud; They could have passed on him, went with Will Anderson (who they traded up to pick, mind you) and saved a lot of assets in the process. The Texans didn't really add much outside of that - Tank Dell, Shaq Mason, Dalton Schultz, Devin Singletary - moderate parts, but this was pretty much the same offense Mills ran with in '22. From this experience... I've learned that the right QB has a way of making *everyone* look better.

A great to elite QB can make bad units look passable. 

Uh.  Aaron Rodgers looked pretty horrible with this line and these receivers last year, too.  If you want to say that Jordan Love doesn't pass your eyeball test, I won't fight you on that.  But then you gotta say that Rodgers didn't either.  And don't give me that hurt thumb stuff, he played healthy enough last year and the results were still the same.

Oddly enough, both Rodgers and Love looked passable to good when they had Bakhtiari at LT.  Both looked worse once he was gone.  Could be a coincidence, but I don't feel like it is.

I get what you say about the Texans, but we ain't the Texans.

Edited by vegas492

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Well, I don't know your offensive needs as well as you, but there are also some outstanding OT prospects in this class.

We will be in the running for them.  We are just that pitiful right now.

But, in going back to Marvin Harrison Jr., please understand that I adore him as a prospect.  I like shiny things and he's very, very, very shiny.  Elite for sure.

But with our current situation, it may be best to draft the non-sexy OL who is shiny in a different way.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We will be in the running for them.  We are just that pitiful right now.

But, in going back to Marvin Harrison Jr., please understand that I adore him as a prospect.  I like shiny things and he's very, very, very shiny.  Elite for sure.

But with our current situation, it may be best to draft the non-sexy OL who is shiny in a different way.

Hey, I'm all for nonsexy OTs early on.  An elite OT makes your whole offense better.  I'm rooting for Joe Alt for the Titans myself, but if the choice is between him and Harrison, I pick Harrison.  Alt is a blue chip, but Harrison may very well be generational.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Hey, I'm all for nonsexy OTs early on.  An elite OT makes your whole offense better.  I'm rooting for Joe Alt for the Titans myself, but if the choice is between him and Harrison, I pick Harrison.  Alt is a blue chip, but Harrison may very well be generational.

I agree with you concerning Harrison.

Also?  I don't know how much a generational WR is going to move the needle on our offense, without a better offensive line.

So, hypothetically, if GB can land Harrison in the first round, because we suck just that much, then I hope the next two picks are offensive lineman.  And if not that?  Then we better hit free agency and buy some protection.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree with you concerning Harrison.

Also?  I don't know how much a generational WR is going to move the needle on our offense, without a better offensive line.

So, hypothetically, if GB can land Harrison in the first round, because we suck just that much, then I hope the next two picks are offensive lineman.  And if not that?  Then we better hit free agency and buy some protection.

And that's fair.  I think people go too far in the whole "draft the best player" argument, and the best drafters account for need.  Of course, if you've got multiple needs and WR won't move the needle, there's probably teams that would move up to snag Harrison, in the hypothetical scenario where the Packers pick third.

Although to be honest, I don't think the Packers are bad enough to pick third.  There are sooooo many bad teams out there.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

What are you seeing?  I can't tell if Love is just that bad, or if the coach is just that bad, or if the WR's are just that bad.  Or if the OL is just so bad it is mudding up everything else.

If I had to say what the #1 issue is on offense right now?  Gun to my head?  OL.  Second choice would be the HC.  Third choice would be the Wr's.  4'th would be the QB.

Because it all looks so awful, I can't say that we should take a QB with our high pick.  It seems to me like the best thing to do would be to use 2 of our first 3 picks on offensive linemen.

Also?  Since I do very much like shiny things....I get a little giddy thinking about how Marvin Harrison Jr.  And we may be picking high enough to have a shot at him.  It's a stupid line of thought, WR.  But I just really like that prospect.

He's just not a natural thrower. It's as simple as that. The biggest issue with out offense by far is having to work around a limited QB. He can't throw deep, he can't throw on the run and he struggles to throw with anticipation. The guy was a very inconsistent thrower at Utah State and 4 years into the NFL absolutely nothing has changed. The guy has more interceptions than he does 20+ yard completions. I don't need to see another 11 games of incompetence to know he sucks.

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And that's fair.  I think people go too far in the whole "draft the best player" argument, and the best drafters account for need.  Of course, if you've got multiple needs and WR won't move the needle, there's probably teams that would move up to snag Harrison, in the hypothetical scenario where the Packers pick third.

Although to be honest, I don't think the Packers are bad enough to pick third.  There are sooooo many bad teams out there.

We are that bad. If the Saints didn't miss a very makeable field goal we would he 1-5 right now.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Uh.  Aaron Rodgers looked pretty horrible with this line and these receivers last year, too. 

Horrible by Rodgers' standards, sure. Jordan Love would be elated to look that "horrible" right about now. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I get what you say about the Texans, but we ain't the Texans.

You're right - the Texans are a game up.

• Like 2