Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Horrible by Rodgers' standards, sure. Jordan Love would be elated to look that "horrible" right about now. 

You're right - the Texans are a game up.

You know I dig you, but your response tells me that you've not watched Packer games the last two years.

It's a horror show, but a very different kind of horror show.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You know I dig you, but your response tells me that you've not watched Packer games the last two years.

I appreciate the love my man (no pun intended) but you have to believe me when I say - I know bad QB play when I see it. From David Carr to Brock Osweiler to Tom Savage to the aforementioned Mills, I've witnessed nothing but bad QB play since I got back into NFL football, save for a few years of Matt Schaub (which eventually turned into a disaster) and Deshaun Watson (which eventually turned into a disaster - but for different reasons). 

With Rodgers last season, I saw apprehension and hesitation - part of that is because he doesn't want to mess up his QB stats, but it was also a poor supporting cast, will totally buy into that. Love? Ooof, I see a general lack of situational awareness and an inability to throw the ball unless someone is completely open against bad coverage. Anything resembling an executed assignment by the defense and Love doesn't know what to do. 

I don't think many of his flaws can be corrected in a short amount of time. Either the system needs to be simplified or he's not going to make it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I appreciate the love my man (no pun intended) but you have to believe me when I say - I know bad QB play when I see it. From David Carr to Brock Osweiler to Tom Savage to the aforementioned Mills, I've witnessed nothing but bad QB play since I got back into NFL football, save for a few years of Matt Schaub (which eventually turned into a disaster) and Deshaun Watson (which eventually turned into a disaster - but for different reasons). 

With Rodgers last season, I saw apprehension and hesitation - part of that is because he doesn't want to mess up his QB stats, but it was also a poor supporting cast, will totally buy into that. Love? Ooof, I see a general lack of situational awareness and an inability to throw the ball unless someone is completely open against bad coverage. Anything resembling an executed assignment by the defense and Love doesn't know what to do. 

I don't think many of his flaws can be corrected in a short amount of time. Either the system needs to be simplified or he's not going to make it.

As a Bears fan, I completely agree with everything here. As a Bears fan, I would like to tell Packer fans, this this isn't rock bottom. It can get much, much worse. 

2 hours ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Describing Love's play thus far to be like Rodgers with broken fingers is pretty apt, though. 

Rodgers could atleast throw the ball halfway decent even with a broken thumb. This guy is short arming screen passes on the regular.

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

As a Bears fan, I completely agree with everything here. As a Bears fan, I would like to tell Packer fans, this this isn't rock bottom. It can get much, much worse. 

Enjoy the next few years because this bum is probably going to be starting here next year as well. No way Gutes ego lets him give up on his boy after one season. That 2020 Packers draft is looking like an all time bad draft considering where we were at the time. If we would have drafted literally anyone else in the first three rounds Rodgers might have another ring.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Enjoy the next few years because this bum is probably going to be starting here next year as well. No way Gutes ego lets him give up on his boy after one season. That 2020 Packers draft is looking like an all time bad draft considering where we were at the time. If we would have drafted literally anyone else in the first three rounds Rodgers might have another ring.

I hope you’re right, and thank goodness they didn’t. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 2:53 PM, ET80 said:

I don't understand how you can give Rodgers a pass for his poor play last year, because of a poor supporting cast when largely the same supporting cast plays this year sans Luke Musgrave and Jayden Reed.  Right now, the Packers' offense is very, very young.  Outside of Aaron Jones and Elgton Jenkins, everyone on the offense around Jordan Love is currently on their rookie contract.  And their franchise LT is on the IR with season-ending injury.  The highest cap hit on offenses outside of Jones/Jenkins is Yosh Njiman at just over $4M who has been buried on the bench.  The next highest paid is Jon Runyan at $2.8M.  This is just a crap ton of inexperience on this roster, specifically on the offensive side of the ball.  These are the groins pains that were expected.  The route where Reed and I believe Watson ended up in the same spot is literally the epitome of this.

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't understand how you can give Rodgers a pass for his poor play last year, because of a poor supporting cast when largely the same supporting cast plays this year sans Luke Musgrave and Jayden Reed.

I have like... 17 years of elite, MVP/HoF seasons that tell me last year was an outlier. 

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And their franchise LT is on the IR with season-ending injury.

Isn't this a yearly thing nowadays? Bakh hadn't been healthy in a LOOOOOOONG time.

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This is just a crap ton of inexperience on this roster, specifically on the offensive side of the ball.  These are the groins pains that were expected.  The route where Reed and I believe Watson ended up in the same spot is literally the epitome of this.

I think you miss what I'm saying here - *watching* them play, blind to the situation of either QB - I see Rodgers trying to work and go off script like he usually does, but that inexperience from others you mention is just preventing him from doing anything.

Love? He is just unaware of where to go or how to get there. If the defense shows any sign of coverage or pressure that takes away his options, he just melts. Right now, he's reminding me of a more athletic Tom Savage - has the tools, just doesn't know how to use them when the defense is actively trying to stop him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have like... 17 years of elite, MVP/HoF seasons that tell me last year was an outlier. 

Isn't this a yearly thing nowadays? Bakh hadn't been healthy in a LOOOOOOONG time.

I think you miss what I'm saying here - *watching* them play, blind to the situation of either QB - I see Rodgers trying to work and go off script like he usually does, but that inexperience from others you mention is just preventing him from doing anything.

Love? He is just unaware of where to go or how to get there. If the defense shows any sign of coverage or pressure that takes away his options, he just melts. Right now, he's reminding me of a more athletic Tom Savage - has the tools, just doesn't know how to use them when the defense is actively trying to stop him. 

Love struggling like he is - is it his abilities, coaching or a little bit of both?  After only 7 starts with inexperience up and down the offensive roster save a handful of guys I really can't tell.  I suspect we'll know in a several weeks.  I kinda figured this was going to be down year for this team.  I just hope we begin to see improvement soon.  If not there will be more changes and not just at the QB position going forward.

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

Love struggling like he is - is it his abilities, coaching or a little bit of both?  After only 7 starts with inexperience up and down the offensive roster save a handful of guys I really can't tell.  I suspect we'll know in a several weeks.  I kinda figured this was going to be down year for this team.  I just hope we begin to see improvement soon.  If not there will be more changes and not just at the QB position going forward.

The lack of experience doesn't seem to be impacting CJ Stroud much. Kenny Pickett isn't doing awful with a lack of experience around him. Anthony Richardson had very little to work with when he was healthy yet he looked pretty good. 

Maybe, just maybe, its Jordan Love, bad receivers and awful coaching.

• Like 1