Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yep, hope runs eternal... doesn't it? 

For the record, Packer fans, the first QB busting doesn't hurt as bad. It's when the second one busts and you realize that the team learned nothing from the first one that really hurts.

This is usually accompanied by a complete overhaul of HC/GMs, so nobody really knows who the blame lies with.

THAT's when the chaos really begins.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Poor football takes get me active.

Takes like... trying to convince people that Devin Funchess was a #1 WR.

Damn, you still haven't figured out how wrong you were with that one ha

I forgot about that. Was weird how some select people couldn't understand that there are 32 #1 targeted WRs every season and that pointing out Funchess was at one point one of them for one team was nothing more than a simple acknowledgement of an inarguable fact.

Was never a commentary about his ability.

Such a strange reaction (well strange to me because I'm used to interacting with intelligent people all day long)

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean for me personally it is just a lot harder to give a guy who is in the middle of his fourth year in the league the same excuses year one rookies get. Sure Love doesn't have a ton of help. Sure GB is a terrible team outside of him.... but they spent a first round pick on him in 2020 not 2023. You can say he hasn't had the game reps before and he is still growing.... but if you are going with the sit them for 3 years approach you have to expect a certain level of polish/play that is greater than that of just a rookie QB coming out of college.

I do think Love has talent... but at some point that talent has to convert into success on the football field and that probably needs to be this year if the Packers are actually as bad as they look. If this level of play continues and the Packers are picking top 5 in the draft they would be crazy not to look at QB in a draft with a lot of talent at the position.

I suspect a lot of Packers fans aren't ready to declare Love a bust after 4 years is because running the scout team all those years when Rodgers was here isn't the same thing as actually being the starter.  If he doesn't show improvement in the next several weeks then we have to move on.  But seriously, what other options does the team have right now?  Start Sean Clifford instead?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Damn, you still haven't figured out how wrong you were with that one ha

I forgot about that. Was weird how some select people couldn't understand that there are 32 #1 targeted WRs every season and that pointing out Funchess was at one point one of them for one team was nothing more than a simple acknowledgement of an inarguable fact.

Was never a commentary about his ability.

Such a strange reaction (well strange to me because I'm used to interacting with intelligent people all day long)

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. Cope and denial are strong drivers with you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You do know why he didn't play right away, right?  But the 2 seasons before Love was drafted Rodgers wasn't playing all that great.  It wasn't until after that draft did AR win back to back MVPs.  With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight I suppose it was a mistake to draft Love in 2020 but I can kinda understand Packers' management's thinking at the time.

I honestly felt like Drafting Love was to bring a competitive element to the job. People tend to play better when they’ve got somebody gunning for their job, Rodgers had stagnated and never had a real competition in over a decade. So either you motivate Rodgers, and if that fails you go with the young QB. 

In that aspect the pick worked out great and you got two more MVP seasons out of Rodgers. But now you’re suffering letting a first round QB rot on the bench for so long. Real double edged sword, im glad Alex Smith wasn’t playing at quite such a high level when we traded him to start Mahomes

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

like all I said was that Love isn’t playing well, he objectively stinks by most metrics, but still left open the door that he could get better. Just that rn he’s playing very bad.

got called a mouth breather for it, I think it’s a defense mechanism when you feel like a group is attacking you then you lash out. Very tribal and primal. 

I doubt you'll get an argument from most Packers fans that Love has been playing poorly but he isn't the only one on offense stinking out the joint.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

HOLY MOLY - page 10, 4th post. Ha!

It all makes sense now. I thought the Devin Funchess take was bad, but THAT? Wow!

Is now a good time to bring up page 1 of this thread?

On 4/25/2023 at 8:29 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 4/25/2023 at 6:53 AM, MikeT14 said:

I wrote somewhere else "peak Top 15 QB"

That's my take. Derek Carr/modern Dalton line level.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:41 AM, ET80 said:

I’ll buy this too - I agree with the assessment that @MWil23 had of Love at the time he was drafted, he simply didn’t impress me. I’ll concede that he had a chance to sit and get mental reps these last few years, so he’s probably a more polished product than when he was drafted; But I think you can only squeeze so much blood from a stone, and Love is a guy who is good enough to give another year, but not good enough to build a team around.

Danny Jones last season - that’s what I’m predicting.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Plus he's not stepping into any offense, it's an offense where for the past 10 years the QB has not only handled all the pre-snap reads, audibles, etc.,, but has been responsible for making plays during busted plays and has even influenced the personnel. The Packers have OL who are excellent at pass blocking on extended plays, and WRs who's best skill set is the mental side.

Great weapons for a really good QB, but not a QB-friendly supporting cast at all. There's a running game and some talent is better than no talent, but I think people will assume a QB friendly system because he sat and I don't see that.

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You do know why he didn't play right away, right?  But the 2 seasons before Love was drafted Rodgers wasn't playing all that great.  It wasn't until after that draft did AR win back to back MVPs.  With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight I suppose it was a mistake to draft Love in 2020 but I can kinda understand Packers' management's thinking at the time.

Benefit of hindsight? I said this 4 years ago. Bad move then is coming home to roost now. They were a game away from the Super Bowl with an MVP QB and decided not to try to add that piece to put them over the top.

• Like 2

Just now, Pugger said:

I suspect a lot of Packers fans aren't ready to declare Love a bust after 4 years is because running the scout team all those years when Rodgers was here isn't the same thing as actually being the starter.  If he doesn't show improvement in the next several weeks then we have to move on.  But seriously, what other options does the team have right now?  Start Sean Clifford instead?

I don’t think anyone is saying you need to bench Love this week. I think they are arguing that he won’t be the guy next year or in 2-3 years. By all means Love is the guy this year. Give him all the games to prove what he is or isn’t. The question comes at the end of the year… what if he isn’t looking like a legit starter? What now?

I can see why people have serious doubts. I can also see that kid clearly does have talent, but talent only takes you so far as a QB in this league. He needs to find success and move the Packers out of the range to draft a QB if he wants a shot next year.

• Like 2

Just now, Pugger said:

I doubt you'll get an argument from most Packers fans that Love has been playing poorly but he isn't the only one on offense stinking out the joint.  

Oh yeah the few series I’ve seen and the Raiders game showcased a dysfunctional offense for sure. The QB still isn’t playing well though, which is compounding things. 

it’s all new territory, it’s gonna take time to figure things out. Maybe even draft a WR in the first round?

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is now a good time to bring up page 1 of this thread?

The poll was set up where votes were public. Take a quick click and see who voted for "Hall of Fame".

I'm pretty certain nobody here will be surprised.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Oh yeah the few series I’ve seen and the Raiders game showcased a dysfunctional offense for sure. The QB still isn’t playing well though, which is compounding things. 

it’s all new territory, it’s gonna take time to figure things out. Maybe even draft a WR in the first round?

If we ever did that I'd faint. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The poll was set up where votes were public. Take a quick click and see who voted for "Hall of Fame".

I'm pretty certain nobody here will be surprised.

I almost can't blame them for thinking he would be. Like they were so blessed for so long they don't know anything else.

Welcome to reality.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not shocked that StatBoy doesn't understand context. He's shown he's got the typical IQ of blue checkmarks on Twitt..erm...I'm sorry...X.

I could always just quote the thread in the Packers forum about what QBs people would take Jordan Love over. I'm guessing you guys are done with the Jordan Love>Justin Herbert takes.