Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You have a better chance getting a fair answer asking this question to your mailbox than Statking. 

Are the Packers mods exempt from the forum rules? I know you guys want to get this thread closed because you don't like contrary opinions but when Webby says to stop you stop. If I said half the things you guys have said to me over the last two weeks I would be banned on the spot.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Just my personal observation. Rewatch that 4th quarter and look at Reed and Watsons body language after every miss. I think it was his second to last throw of the game where he missed Reed by 5+ yards after they blew a coverage and you could tell Reed was not happy. It's not a good sign when your WRs are shaking their head and rolling their eyes at their QB.

I don't think these receivers with cement hands should be rolling their eyes at their QB with the amount of drops they have had.  Reed let the MN defender rip the ball right out of his hands.  There is plenty of blame to go around on that roster for the record we have today, not just the QB.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I don't think these receivers with cement hands should be rolling their eyes at their QB with the amount of drops they have had.  Reed let the MN defender rip the ball right out of his hands.  There is plenty of blame to go around on that roster for the record we have today, not just the QB.

I agree but it is what it is. If you felt like your QB was messing with your money you'd probably feel the same way.

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

Im not calling to bench him, he should start the full year, but he has to earn it. If he keeps playing this poorly Lafleur has to consider benching him before he loses the locker room. The wide receivers are losing faith in him by the week. You can't just give the guy a whole year when it's becoming increasingly clear he isn't a starting caliber QB.

First off, I agree with your overall thought concerning Love.

But...I'll take it a little farther.  I feel like MLF is losing the team.  There's no improvement.  There's little accountability.  Whiff on your block as a center over and over?  Yeah, keep starting.  Not know what you are doing at RG on run plays?  Yah, keep starting.  Pretty much screwing up everything at LT?  Keep starting...oh wait, now we will play the huge kid we developed and put a RFA offer on this past offseason.

Then there are the penalties.  Over and over.  No improvement.

This team needs a Bull Durham locker room moment when the coach goes ape**** and throws bats into the showers.  These are children on offense.  Treat them as such.  Scare them.  

Image of You guys, you lollygag the ball around the infield.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

First off, I agree with your overall thought concerning Love.

But...I'll take it a little farther.  I feel like MLF is losing the team.  There's no improvement.  There's little accountability.  Whiff on your block as a center over and over?  Yeah, keep starting.  Not know what you are doing at RG on run plays?  Yah, keep starting.  Pretty much screwing up everything at LT?  Keep starting...oh wait, now we will play the huge kid we developed and put a RFA offer on this past offseason.

Then there are the penalties.  Over and over.  No improvement.

This team needs a Bull Durham locker room moment when the coach goes ape**** and throws bats into the showers.  These are children on offense.  Treat them as such.  Scare them.  

Image of You guys, you lollygag the ball around the infield.

Lafleur has been an issue but he's here to stay for atleast the next 2-3 years. If Love continues to play this poorly and Lafleur refuses to bench him he will definitely lose the locker room. Its hard to light a fire under your guys when they know certain people are getting preferential treatment simply due to where they were drafted.

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Lafleur has been an issue but he's here to stay for atleast the next 2-3 years. If Love continues to play this poorly and Lafleur refuses to bench him he will definitely lose the locker room. Its hard to light a fire under your guys when they know certain people are getting preferential treatment simply due to where they were drafted.

You do get that Love playing poorly is also a reflection on the OL play and the WR play, though, right?

And regarding preferential treatment?  It isn't like GB has a "Plan B" for this year.  They invested the time, now they gotta let him play.  That isn't preferential treatment, that is working the plan.  If there was someone better sitting behind Love who wasn't getting time?  Then it's preferential treatment.

Unless you aren't talking about Love.  I wouldn't know who else you would be citing, though.  Outside of Walker at LT, we were playing arguably our best guys.

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

Are the Packers mods exempt from the forum rules? I know you guys want to get this thread closed because you don't like contrary opinions but when Webby says to stop you stop. If I said half the things you guys have said to me over the last two weeks I would be banned on the spot.

Don't like contrary opinions?  No.  The fact that you only seem to show up when Jordan Love is struggling is the problem.  If you would have shown up the first 2 weeks that Jordan Love was playing well and said I'm not a believer in him based on 2 games, you probably would have earned a bit of respect.  Most probably wouldn't agree with you, but at least you'd be playing both sides of the coin and not just the "I told you so" card.  For someone who claims to be a Packers fan, you don't seem too spend much time in the Packers' subforum.  Obviously how you're time is spent is up to you, but if I had the choice to spend my time with Vikings' or Bears' fans instead of Packers' fans, I'd rather take my ball and go home.  It's the fact that you only seem to show up to shove people's noses into the ground when it's convenient for you.

Speaking of contrary opinions, I think @packfanfb is on the more pessimistic side.  Doesn't mean I don't think he has quality insight and opinions.  And he's there more than willing to talk football even if he his opinion doesn't turn out to be correct.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You do get that Love playing poorly is also a reflection on the OL play and the WR play, though, right?

And regarding preferential treatment?  It isn't like GB has a "Plan B" for this year.  They invested the time, now they gotta let him play.  That isn't preferential treatment, that is working the plan.  If there was someone better sitting behind Love who wasn't getting time?  Then it's preferential treatment.

Unless you aren't talking about Love.  I wouldn't know who else you would be citing, though.  Outside of Walker at LT, we were playing arguably our best guys.

Good QBs elevate those around them. I was the one saying all off season we weren't exactly setting him up for success with the youth we have on offense and I got called a troll for it.

We are past the point of blind optimism, it's very clear this team isn't going to be remotely good this year and when that happens guys start thinking about what kind of tape they are putting out there for other teams next year. They know what a season like this means for roster turnover. 

It's hard to say Love isn't getting preferential treatment by being guaranteed a year when no other player in a "prove it" situation has the same assurance. Guys will be benched here soon enough, just wait.

Just now, StatKing said:

Good QBs elevate those around them. I was the one saying all off season we weren't exactly setting him up for success with the youth we have on offense and I got called a troll for it.

We are past the point of blind optimism, it's very clear this team isn't going to be remotely good this year and when that happens guys start thinking about what kind of tape they are putting out there for other teams next year. They know what a season like this means for roster turnover. 

It's hard to say Love isn't getting preferential treatment by being guaranteed a year when no other player in a "prove it" situation has the same assurance. Guys will be benched here soon enough, just wait.

LOL.  Ain't no QB elevating anything with our OL and that run game.  You've seen enough of it to know it's true.

Throw in the youth at WR and TE and it's a recipe for disaster for anyone.

So tell me, just who is Love keeping on the bench again?

And who is going to get benched?  Tom aint getting benched at tackle.  Walker is already benched.  Myers isn't being benched because there is no one behind him.  Rhyan must be a trainwreck to not get snaps over, checks notes, Newman.

Watson, Doubs and Reed aren't getting benched, and Wicks isn't either because there is nothing behind them.

Musgrave?  Nothing behind him.

So tell me, who is getting benched and for whom?  

I get your argument against Love.  I even agree with it to a point.  But after that, you seem to go way off the rails.

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

What first-year starting QB elevated his supporting cast?  I'll be waiting.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Don't like contrary opinions?  No.  The fact that you only seem to show up when Jordan Love is struggling is the problem.  If you would have shown up the first 2 weeks that Jordan Love was playing well and said I'm not a believer in him based on 2 games, you probably would have earned a bit of respect.  Most probably wouldn't agree with you, but at least you'd be playing both sides of the coin and not just the "I told you so" card.  For someone who claims to be a Packers fan, you don't seem too spend much time in the Packers' subforum.  Obviously how you're time is spent is up to you, but if I had the choice to spend my time with Vikings' or Bears' fans instead of Packers' fans, I'd rather take my ball and go home.  It's the fact that you only seem to show up to shove people's noses into the ground when it's convenient for you.

Speaking of contrary opinions, I think @packfanfb is on the more pessimistic side.  Doesn't mean I don't think he has quality insight and opinions.  And he's there more than willing to talk football even if he his opinion doesn't turn out to be correct.

This is my third season on this forum my guy. I've been a fairly active member regardless of Jordan Love, he just happens to be the main topic of our season and you guys don't like how it's going. Webby said stop with the sniping and you guys just can't help yourselves. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What first-year starting QB elevated his supporting cast?  I'll be waiting.

It’s Love’s fourth year in the league, and the third since his first start.

Even you know comparing him to first year QBs that are actually rookies has no basis in anything resembling logic.

You wanna talk about sophomores, sure. It’s still not one to one but it’s at least not ludicrous on its face.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  Ain't no QB elevating anything with our OL and that run game.  You've seen enough of it to know it's true.

Throw in the youth at WR and TE and it's a recipe for disaster for anyone.

So tell me, just who is Love keeping on the bench again?

And who is going to get benched?  Tom aint getting benched at tackle.  Walker is already benched.  Myers isn't being benched because there is no one behind him.  Rhyan must be a trainwreck to not get snaps over, checks notes, Newman.

Watson, Doubs and Reed aren't getting benched, and Wicks isn't either because there is nothing behind them.

Musgrave?  Nothing behind him.

So tell me, who is getting benched and for whom?  

I get your argument against Love.  I even agree with it to a point.  But after that, you seem to go way off the rails.

We haven't been this bad in a long time so it's a hard concept for Packers fans to understand. We are going to get a top 3 pick, when a team is this bad nobody is safe. Are you sure Watson, Doubs and Reed are safe? I'm not, name one reason either of them should be guaranteed a spot without bringing up draft status.