Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

So if I follow, the FO giving Rodgers a huge contract last year absolutely, positively, did not mean that Love was not a good option, but their willingness to trade Rodgers now absolutely, positively does indicate that Love is a good option.

Got it.

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So if I follow, the FO giving Rodgers a huge contract last year absolutely, positively, did not mean that Love was not a good option, but their willingness to trade Rodgers now absolutely, positively does indicate that Love is a good option.

Got it.

you do not follow

Love and FO had a full year of eval between those two events in which things changed. By all accounts, Love made a huge leap from year 2-3 (which makes sense considering his much needed development was delayed a full off-season due to Covid).

Would it have been ideal to have NOT given Rodgers that contract last year and have gone w/ Love in '23? Absolutely. It turns out Love was probably ready to have led an 8-9 team in 2023 and the return on Rodgers would likely have been greater. If the FO knew Rodgers would be a complete no-show last off-season and not work with the new WRs they would have made a different decision. 

Summary:

It was an mistake to not have traded Rodgers a season earlier due to an yet-to-occur jump in Love's development that happened after they had extended Rodgers.

22 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

after back to back mvp years, they extended Rodgers put in that structure that would harm the team if they traded him, and they still did it. Its not that hard to understand, the front office was confident moving on after regression from Aaron and progress from Love. i trust the Org.

Or, they could just have arrived at the realization that sticking with Aaron is not a good long term strategy and decided to rip the band-aid off. 

Or maybe they wanted Aaron back and he ghosted them so they realized they needed to move on because it was unlikely that Aaron would ever play in a Packer uniform again. At this point, who knows? I'm not claiming to know. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, malak1 said:

Or, they could just have arrived at the realization that sticking with Aaron is not a good long term strategy and decided to rip the band-aid off. 

Or maybe they wanted Aaron back and he ghosted them so they realized they needed to move on because it was unlikely that Aaron would ever play in a Packer uniform again. At this point, who knows? I'm not claiming to know. 

We know that it became obvious sometime between March 2022 and January 2023 that the staff wanted Jordan Love to be the starter in 2023 because they think he's the better option. And they very well are betting their careers on that decision.

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We know that it became obvious sometime between March 2022 and January 2023 that the staff wanted Jordan Love to be the starter in 2023 because they think he's the better option. And they very well are betting their careers on that decision.

Well don't take this the wrong way but I hope they lose their jobs 🙃

• Like 2

Watching him in college and the little bit he's played in the NFL, he looks like a toolsy backup that will stick around for awhile.

It would be crazy to see him take a Jalen Hurts type jump without much playing time in his 3 year career.

On 4/28/2023 at 3:02 PM, incognito_man said:

you do not follow

Love and FO had a full year of eval between those two events in which things changed. By all accounts, Love made a huge leap from year 2-3 (which makes sense considering his much needed development was delayed a full off-season due to Covid).

Would it have been ideal to have NOT given Rodgers that contract last year and have gone w/ Love in '23? Absolutely. It turns out Love was probably ready to have led an 8-9 team in 2023 and the return on Rodgers would likely have been greater. If the FO knew Rodgers would be a complete no-show last off-season and not work with the new WRs they would have made a different decision. 

Summary:

It was an mistake to not have traded Rodgers a season earlier due to an yet-to-occur jump in Love's development that happened after they had extended Rodgers.

He magically had that jump? When?

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He magically had that jump? When?

He didn't "Magically" have a jump. He improved some issues in his throwing motion and footwork that allowed him to throw the ball quicker and with more accuracy which is something he struggled with his first two years. Whether it translates to actual game time is to be seen but you can just look at his KC vs his Eagles film to see the difference in both. He came out as a raw QB needing work and he seems to have put in that work. The part we are unsure of is if his decision making has improved but without game time you can't really know. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Odd they're hedging their bet when they have the utmost confidence Love is going to be a star. 

What? You can have confidence that Love could be a star and still do your best to hedge your bets in case he isn't? I don't understand what your trying to say here? You think Green Bay should give Love a big QB deal right now? 

Just now, Spartacus said:

What? You can have confidence that Love could be a star and still do your best to hedge your bets in case he isn't? I don't understand what your trying to say here? You think Green Bay should give Love a big QB deal right now? 

No, $7 million guaranteed is peanuts for a QB.

Someone just told the NFL votes with their dollars

9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Sean Clifford coming for Love's job 😎

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

No, $7 million guaranteed is peanuts for a QB.

Someone just told the NFL votes with their dollars

I think maybe you should sit down and think critically about this deal a little more before you say anything. 

• Like 2