Rams 2023 draft

NVRamsFan

10 hours ago, Freebirdsrams said:

I keep seeing articles and comments where they are thinking the Rams would move back to get more picks in 3rd to 4th round.  Even though we have 11 picks already we do need to fill a lot of roster spots and the youth movement for the Rams is here.

Did you by chance watch the video above? If not please do it addresses that. 

So I've heard rumblings from a colleague. Again, believe what you wish.

We're more likely than ever to trade into the 1st round.

LAR Rams want another WR to replace VJ next year

Really want to address edge/CB (shocker)

Want a homerun RB. Doesnt have to be a high pick.

I have my own little analysis on what position I think the Rams take first in this draft. TE +600

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Sheesh we have some solid options. I imagine they trade down for that very reason. Id love Hendon or Ojulari if Joey Porter Jr goes before 36

We're looking good for either option, either to trade back (which is what I think Les wants to do and with guys like Levis/Hendon, Mayer, JPJ, and Branch still on the board there are covetable targets) or to sit and pick.

I'm not sure JPJ fits what Raheem wants to do on defense - he needs to play press-man in order to be best utilized and, well, that's definitely not Raheem.  I'd take Julius Brents, who we did visit with, over JPJ because of the fit; and I had a Top 25 pick grade on Brents.

• Like 1

One legit trade-back contender for us might well be one of either Green Bay or the Jets coming up for Cody Mauch; though I could also see the Packers coming up for Mayer because Josiah Deguara (who isn't exactly much to write home about) is the only recognizable name on their TE roster.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'm going to ask you all to ignore what you think is right for the team's direction. How do you think Levis would fare here under McVay and what you guys have if he were the pick?

Don't know if this answers your question or not, but I feel like Levis is very much the embodiment of why McVay opted for and favored Goff over Wentz.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm going to ask you all to ignore what you think is right for the team's direction. How do you think Levis would fare here under McVay and what you guys have if he were the pick?

Don't want anything to do with him at all and hope our coach feels the same. I don't think McVay wants him he wants the cerebral fill study knowledge of the game and position type guy and that isn't something I get from Levis. He just doesn't seem like a McVay guy. Our former OC Liam Coen had him in Kentucky so we likely have the inside scoop on him as well if not better than most teams so that relationship will have been used to get more details on him I'd imagine as well. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Physically he’d do fine, mentally, not so sure. If we invest the 36th pick in this guy I wouldn’t be happy at all. 

I hope we stay at #36 and pick. But if we trade down, I hope it's to not fall further than #50.

My top picks for who remains:

1. Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

2. Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee

3. Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

4. Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St.

5. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss