2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

29 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am sure I will take grief, but here goes:

-I don't like any of the midget WRs.  Flowers, Downs, Mims, Tank Dell, Your Sister.  Any of them.

-Quentin Johnston, Rashee Rice, Kayshon Boutte, are big "Packers" type WRs, that I think won't be good.

-Dalton Kincaid just looks so much like Jace Sternberger to me.  A mold that I don't want.  I will be happy for PackFan13, but man, I will be disappointed personally.

-Brian Branch, I just am not seeing what everyone else sees.  I see a slow safety that is a sure tackler.  I see a good player on a great college team, and I don't think his lack of speed will work in the NFL.  I like his teammate more, and he is supposed to go later.  I don't get it.

-I will also follow the Clemson curse and just say nobody from Clemson.

You probably said it before, but who is your guy or tier of guys at 13 that you want/like?

Several posts about why the Packers insisted on the 13/15 swap and what that means.

Personally, I feel that we're overthinking it.  We got the swap because we could and 13 is 2 better than 15.  I don't think that means that we were necessarily trying to get ahead of specific teams or that they're targeting someone specific and won't trade down.  We simply were able to get the upgrade as part of the Rodgers trade and it gives us more options - easier to trade up, more likely the have someone they want at #13 and more value if we trade back - and more players available that another team might want to trade up to get.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For sure, I think they probably sell that pick at that point. If no one bites they ecstatically, reluctantly select Gonzalez. Like "eff yeah we got a top 5 player (QBs not included) at 13, but we added another body to our deepest room" kind of emotion.

CB isn't really our deepest room at all over the course of this rookie contract. EDGE, LB and arguably IDL are moreso (especiallly if you guess KC gets another contract)

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For sure, I think they probably sell that pick at that point. If no one bites they ecstatically, reluctantly select Gonzalez. Like "eff yeah we got a top 5 player (QBs not included) at 13, but we added another body to our deepest room" kind of emotion.

I don't like  how the Packers built their Defense.  What good does elite CB's have when the QB has all day to throw?  Sooner or later coverage is going to break down.  Best way to improve the Defense is pass rush.  You can get by with a so so secondary if the opposing QB is constantly under pressure.  Gary will be most likely a non factor this year.  Smith is aging.  Really hoping we land an edge at #13 if there is a run than go O-line.  Way I feel about it. 

Edited by Scoremore

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Look past just 2023 and there's a big hole at CB during the rookie contract of anyone we take this year. Jaire can excel inside if we are able to get a stud boundary CB like Gonzalez or WItherspoon (or perhaps Banks)

I don't think Jaire wants to play inside though, that's the problem. Otherwise, I could see your point. 

1 hour ago, dust247 said:

For the group,

is there a list of players you don't want the Packers to draft on day 1 or 2?

I wanted to make a thread about 5 guys there's no way we take at 13 so I could trap someone when they name the guy we take

15 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

You probably said it before, but who is your guy or tier of guys at 13 that you want/like?

At 13, I like:  JSN, LVN, PJJ, Darnell Wright, Skoronski.  Would be fine with Broderick Jones or Nolan Smith.

I think: Will Anderson, Christian Gonzalez, Jalen Carter, Bijan Robinson, Myles Murphey, Tyree Wilson, and Devon Witherspoon, will be gone.  

I am not really over the moon with any player in the early part of this draft, TBH.  I think I would have taken another pick vs the pick swap with the Jets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

To me our pick will be JSN, LVN, Nolan Smith or one of the 3 OTs that have a chance to be at 13.

I would remove JSN from that list, and I would add Carter to that list - we have his teammate in house who also had some ???s off the field which might be the difference.  That said I would be happy with JSN he's a great player.

And what about Tyree Wilson?  I prefer LVN's athletic profile but Wilson could easily be our 2nd Edge.  Nolan Smith is certainly a prospect I think we are high on given the Gary pick.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/tyree-wilson-36468/scouting-reports/

And at OT I assume you mean Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, and Anton Harrison?

Would you exclude Dawand Jones and Darnell Wright?  I think these players fit the profile of OT we would consider, although Wright might not fit the athletic profile, but Dawand Jones just has some insane traits that actually translated to the field.  I don't see how he isn't a consideration as our "3rd OT" on the board over Harrison.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/darnell-wright-43562/scouting-reports/

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/dawand-jones-48051/scouting-reports/

I've been impressed with this site overall because I like the visual of their draft board:
https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/draft-board/