2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would hate Branch, but love Benton.  I would definitely be more comfortable adding one more DL to the mix.  I think the starting 3 of Wyatt, Clark, Slaton is pretty good.  But Ford is a complete unknown at this point, and as much fun as Slayton is in preseason, I can't help but think he is more of a AAAA player. 

I like both, but if they were the RD2 picks I would actually have some empathy for the WEAPONZ!! crowd.

This place is going to be an echo chamber with people wanting to draft players because of position today, but the Packers are still in BPA mode. Luckily for them a bunch of those BPA's are TE's, but the second round is also still rich with Edge defenders, and we shouldn't be surprised to see Gutes double down at that position if the right player is there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What do you all think about Dawan Jones? I'm hoping for a O-Lineman with some T ability. He certainly is big enough, and comes from a good program.

personally i'm a big "NO" on him. not even close to meeting athletic thresholds.

My personal top 10 left would be:

Mayer, JPJ, Branch

Hall, Ojulari, Tuipolotu, Turner

Downs, LaPorta, Musgrave

1 minute ago, R T said:

This place is going to be an echo chamber with people wanting to draft players because of position today, but the Packers are still in BPA mode. Luckily for them a bunch of those BPA's are TE's, but the second round is also still rich with Edge defenders, and we shouldn't be surprised to see Gutes double down at that position if the right player is there. 

3 EDGE guys very high on my want list remaining. I'd be totally ok double-dipping there.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What do you all think about Dawan Jones? I'm hoping for a O-Lineman with some T ability. He certainly is big enough, and comes from a good program.

I think he has tools to be the best T in the class.  If he's there I pick him

I don’t pretend to be and expert but Darnell Washington is my guy. Getting a young Big Dog would be a huge help to that TE room. Help the run game, pass block and hopefully develop into a safety outlet/RZ option in the passing game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I've have to believe Detroit knew Philly was not taking Bijan at 10 and thought they could slide down to 12 and still get them. Then Atlanta went and pissed in their cheerios. 

Atlanta and Bijan Robinson was one of the worst kept secrets leading up to the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t pretend to be and expert but Darnell Washington is my guy. Getting a young Big Dog would be a huge help to that TE room. Help the run game, pass block and hopefully develop into a safety outlet/RZ option in the passing game. 

Currently have him as 54th overall and 23rd best available. Might be some medical red flags there as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Heard there could be some off the field stuff with him.  Don't know what it is, could be smoke?

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think he has tools to be the best T in the class.  If he's there I pick him

There are teams that question if he even wants to play football anymore. He refused to be weighed at his pro day and teams believe he is well over 400 pounds now. Guys like that are not worth spending day 2 draft capital on, yet someone probably will. Just hope it's not the Packers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume so, yes.

Doubt it

I loved him at first, but think he's a bit overrated here. Especially if there's medical risk associated there. He might not have a very clean availability profile in the NFL.

Edited by incognito_man

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Heard there could be some off the field stuff with him.  Don't know what it is, could be smoke?

We had him in for a visit so hopefully they got some real insight into what he’s all about. I wouldn’t be broken up about it if we go a different direction but will be ecstatic if he’s our guy. TE room needs a full overhaul and this seems like a good year to get that started. 

Edited by Refugee