🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I have my MBA with an emphasis in sustainability and I'm currently studying at OU pursuing a PhD in business administration with an emphasis in entrepreneurship and economic development. 

That's pretty cool man.  I'm working on my MBA right now.  Best of luck with that.  I don't care how annoying you are, I still wish you well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Nah that’s not right there was a few in here telling NCough he wasn’t that good. 

Maybe. Every year there's gonna be a handful of players that underachieve and guys behind keyboards who call it. 

But the general overall consensus on Maualuga was pretty high at the time. A lot of people, not just Raiders fans and not just a few people drudging through the old ugly FF site forum, wanted Maualuga. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Jesus are you really saying that Bush was a good pick in the 1st round? 

Exactly my point you made a bad pick but won’t accept it but stil think you are money. Ego is out of control at this point, thought you were better than that tbf. 

Why is bush a bust to you? 

19 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Maybe. Every year there's gonna be a handful of players that underachieve and guys behind keyboards who call it. 

But the general overall consensus on Maualuga was pretty high at the time. A lot of people, not just Raiders fans and not just a few people drudging through the old ugly FF site forum, wanted Maualuga. 

Absolutely that’s the draft you get things right you get things wrong but if you try to say you got all things right and then get called out for a bad call, best to own it. Embarrassing otherwise. 

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Imo he had a solid career and a lot better than any lb we had on our roster during his nfl tenure

36 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I remember almost everyone thinking he was destined to basically be Ray Lewis 2.0. 

He was actually pretty solid for a few years, but never got anywhere near the heights he was projected to. 

Different years, but both he and Taylor Mays were expected to do great things and had all the raw talent in the world. Maualuga was alright, but man did Mays wind up being a dud. 

Taylor Mays wow thats a name i haven’t heard in a while. 

6’4, 230, ran an unofficial 4.24 at the combine. Hybrid S/LB. Stiff as a board couldnt cover to save his life. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Taylor Mays wow thats a name i haven’t heard in a while. 

6’4, 230, ran an unofficial 4.24 at the combine. Hybrid S/LB. Stiff as a board couldnt cover to save his life. 

Always wondered why he never made the full switch to LB. 

A couple others less herladed through the years were George Illoka (big S, but not fast enough with a 4.6. Turned out alrighr, but fell off pretty fast.), Dontay Moch (at one point apparently ran a sub 4.4 at 250+ as a LB but played DE), Obi Melifonwu. 

Basically thought all could've possibly made decent LB prospects a'la Deablo. But yeah, Mays was an absolute workout freak of nature without a lick of instinct. 

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yeh, I don’t think the slow get off is due to conditioning or him missing time in TC too much as he was doing it on film in college too very noticeably. It seems like it’s mental thing with him, maybe hesitating as he doesn’t want to over commit or read what’s going on.

It can definitely be improved dramatically, but if for some reason he can’t improve significantly then it’ll be a massive problem moving forward.

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I don’t think the slow get off is due to conditioning or him missing time in TC too much as he was doing it on film in college too very noticeably. It seems like it’s mental thing with him, maybe hesitating as he doesn’t want to over commit or read what’s going on.

It can definitely be improved dramatically, but if for some reason he can’t improve significantly then it’ll be a massive problem moving forward.

Good on him for not hiding behind it. I mean Hondo gave him every chance. Basically handing him the excuse in his question! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Good on him for not hiding behind it. I mean Hondo gave him every chance. Basically handing him the excuse in his question! 

Part of being a pro is accountability. These are the best football players on the planet. They been told they were the gold standard since Jr High. It is tougher than we think