Draft Discussion Day 2

Sllim Pickens

The one thing of note from day 1 - The guys on NFL Stock Exchange had been commenting about how Levis had been used as a pawn. They were suggesting how the rumours about "Texans love Levis at #2", "Colts love Levis at #4" and some of the other buzz was far from accurate and that he was being used to set up smoke screen's. 

Who knows wth the Lions will do today 😂

My top guys still available (in no order)

Will Levis QB

Hendon Hooker QB

Joey Porter Jr CB

Brian Branch S

O’Cyrus Torrence OG

Michael Mayer TE

BJ Ojulari OLB

Dawand Jones OL

Keion White DE

Isaiah Foskey DE

Andre Carter EDGE

Jalin Hyatt WR

Cody Mauch OT

Trenton Simpson LB

Cedric Tillman WR

Darnell Washington TE

Tuli Tuipulotu EDGE

Keeanu Benton DT

Steve Avila OG

Julius Brents CB

Daiyan Henley LB

Rashee Rice WR

Johnathan Mingo WR

Luke Musgrace TE

Jordan Battle S

Antonio Johnson S

JL Skinner S

Jartavius Martin S

Zach Charbonnet RB

Siaki Ika DT

Ivan Pace Jr LB

Noah Sewell LB

DJ Turner CB

Tyrique Stevenson CB

Eli Ricks CB

John Michael Schmitz OC

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Who knows wth the Lions will do today 😂

My top guys still available (in no order)

Will Levis QB

Hendon Hooker QB

Joey Porter Jr CB

Brian Branch S

O’Cyrus Torrence OG

Michael Mayer TE

BJ Ojulari OLB

Dawand Jones OL

Keion White DE

Isaiah Foskey DE

Andre Carter EDGE

Jalin Hyatt WR

Cody Mauch OT

Trenton Simpson LB

Cedric Tillman WR

Darnell Washington TE

Tuli Tuipulotu EDGE

Keeanu Benton DT

Steve Avila OG

Julius Brents CB

Daiyan Henley LB

Rashee Rice WR

Johnathan Mingo WR

Luke Musgrace TE

Jordan Battle S

Antonio Johnson S

JL Skinner S

Jartavius Martin S

Zach Charbonnet RB

Siaki Ika DT

Ivan Pace Jr LB

Noah Sewell LB

DJ Turner CB

Tyrique Stevenson CB

Eli Ricks CB

John Michael Schmitz OC

John Cena Wave GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

@NudeTayne you’re not a lions fan are you?

I don't have a team right now though have a few favorites, one of which is the Lions. I actually like their draft so far just fine, despite how a lot of pundits and fans are cruising the choices based on consensus mocks. 

How you feeling about Wright? 

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't have a team right now though have a few favorites, one of which is the Lions. I actually like their draft so far just fine, despite how a lot of pundits and fans are cruising the choices based on consensus mocks. 

How you feeling about Wright? 

He was the expected pick for me. OL is never a sexy pick for me but it was the smartest for us 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

He was the expected pick for me. OL is never a sexy pick for me but it was the smartest for us 

I thought OT was the smart choice for the Bears. Got to keep Fields upright. I had Paris Johnson pegged to them in most of my mocks. Wright isn’t a bad choice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

What do you think if picked up someone like Simpson and put him at Will to replace Rodrigo?  I'm not really a fan but I think it's an interesting conversation to have.  Total remake of the LB Core that now would be insanely deep.

I suspect any other LB we bring in would push Barnes down the depth chart.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

I'm banging the table for Michael Mayer. Most complete TE in the draft, ready to help us now. Seems to fit the Campbell mentality.

I could be wrong on this.. maybe it was all just about the money.. I don't see why we would draft a guy that's basically a duplicate of the guy we just sent off to Minnesota. Mayer's draft comp's are either Jason Witten or TJ Hockenson. 

I'd rather add Washington, assuming his medicals aren't totally derailing things, and have that 6th OL. If we're going to buck the trend and go old school power, let's get the best run-blocking dude in there and go to town. 

15 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

What do you think if picked up someone like Simpson and put him at Will to replace Rodrigo?  I'm not really a fan but I think it's an interesting conversation to have.  Total remake of the LB Core that now would be insanely deep.

I think Campbell with one of Rodrigo or Anzalone is the lineup we will roll with the most.  We rarely use 3 LBs so not sure I see the value in adding another unless its really late and someone drops that we can't pass up.  

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I suspect any other LB we bring in would push Barnes down the depth chart.

I think Barnes is already pushed down the depth chart.  He is the 4th LB and played sparingly last year without having Campbell in the mix so I wouldn't be shocked to see him be more of a special teams guy only now with the occasional snaps at LB to spell the starters if tired.  

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I could be wrong on this.. maybe it was all just about the money.. I don't see why we would draft a guy that's basically a duplicate of the guy we just sent off to Minnesota. Mayer's draft comp's are either Jason Witten or TJ Hockenson. 

I'd rather add Washington, assuming his medicals aren't totally derailing things, and have that 6th OL. If we're going to buck the trend and go old school power, let's get the best run-blocking dude in there and go to town. 

I would much rather have Washington than Mayer but I honestly don't want either.  Our TEs were fine after Hock was moved and I think Mitchell is similar to what Washington is.  If he had a healthy offseason and combine last year he would be a very similar player IMO.  

I really think our second round picks will be guys we don't expect at the positions of need.  Like Rashee Rice, Cody Mauch, Riley Moss, or Blake Freeland.  Maybe an edge like Adebawore or Isaiah McGuire.  Guys that aren't as high on mock lists but have the grades and athleticism to be higher if not for media influence.  

• Like 3