Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

More building blocks but they won 1 game in 2 years. They didn't win a game all year. If you think that makes them more attractive than the jets...there is legit no point in having this conversation you'll never be convinced otherwise. This is a thread about the Jets getting Kirk Cousins and youre actually trying to make a case for why the BROWNS are going to be the best choice for him. 

I’m not endorsing the Browns or even saying he’s going to go there,  but if you really think the Jets are some head and shoulders better off franchise then the Browns right now well then... green glasses. That’s laughable that he wouldn’t even consider the Browns but come running to the Jets. It didn’t stop a coach you wanted so badly from going there did it? Be real, if you break down the Jets and Browns rosters, they really aren’t that far apart. Yeah, they haven’t won much, but neither have we. Your only reasoning is it’s the BROWNS. 

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not endorsing the Browns or even saying he’s going to go there,  but if you really think the Jets are some head and shoulders better off franchise then the Browns right now well then... green glasses. That’s laughable that he wouldn’t even consider the Browns but come running to the Jets. It didn’t stop a coach you wanted so badly from going there did it? Be real, if you break down the Jets and Browns rosters, they really aren’t that far apart. Yeah, they haven’t won much, but neither have we. Your only reasoning is it’s the BROWNS. 

No my reasoning is weve won 10 times the games in 2 seasons as they have....the BROWNS. So yes even the "god dammn jets" are head and shoulders above the BROWNS. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

No my reasoning is weve won 10 times the games in 2 seasons as they have....the BROWNS. So yes even the "god dammn jets" are head and shoulders above the BROWNS. 

Well, I guess that’s one way to look at it lol hopefully Cousins feels the same way 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Well, I guess that’s one way to look at it lol hopefully Cousins feels the same way 

I know Im probably being too optimistic and youre being too pessimistic and the Jets are somewhere in between lol, but as it stands, why on earth would anyone want to go live in Cleveland lol. We still have the idea of being NY going for us. Who knows...maybe Kirk resigns in DC and we look back on this and realize were arguing for literally no reason anyway lol

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I know Im probably being too optimistic and youre being too pessimistic and the Jets are somewhere in between lol, but as it stands, why on earth would anyone want to go live in Cleveland lol. We still have the idea of being NY going for us. Who knows...maybe Kirk resigns in DC and we look back on this and realize were arguing for literally no reason anyway lol

I’m thinking he probably does eventually sign a LTD with DC. But if he does leave, I feel like it’ll be to a team further along in the process or more ready to win now. I don’t think it’ll be to here or Cleveland.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Cousins will probably go to the Vikings. 

I had to look into their situation but yeah they can make it work.  They really don't have any big names to resign so MIN is legit destination.  They would give up on Bridgewater if they sign Cousins and I'd love to add him to compete with whoever we draft.

I could live with a Rosen/Mayfield, Teddy, Hack camp battle.

31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I had to look into their situation but yeah they can make it work.  They really don't have any big names to resign so MIN is legit destination.  They would give up on Bridgewater if they sign Cousins and I'd love to add him to compete with whoever we draft.

I could live with a Rosen/Mayfield, Teddy, Hack camp battle.

I wouldn't be against that. TB would be interested because of his high chance of starting or at least competing early. 

With all the QB options out there, Macc can easily upgrade the QB position. I'm trying to keep an open mind to all of this. Just in case the draft doesn't go as planned, I would love for us to protect the QB position by picking up the best vet we can. So if we end up with Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, someone like Smith or Bradford can hold the job for as long as it may take for them to be ready. 

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

For what's it worth Jeremiah had is mock out and had Rosen dropping to the Jets at 6.  CLE went Darnold at #1, NYG went Barkley, DEN went Nelson signing a QB in FA which left Rosen to drop to 6.  That would be a dream come true.

Unfortunately I don’t think we will get our QB sitting at 6. I’d love Rosen at 6, but if recent history plays out, a team will come up for him. You’d think we wouldn’t need to give up an entire boat load of picks to go up 3 spots, it’s a scary proposition considering how mediocre we’ve been at drafting. I guess that can spin the other way though. 

40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't be against that. TB would be interested because of his high chance of starting or at least competing early. 

With all the QB options out there, Macc can easily upgrade the QB position. I'm trying to keep an open mind to all of this. Just in case the draft doesn't go as planned, I would love for us to protect the QB position by picking up the best vet we can. So if we end up with Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, someone like Smith or Bradford can hold the job for as long as it may take for them to be ready. 

Well that could change if NYG show a real commitment to Eli and DEN signs someone like Smith, Tyrod or Cousins who is good enough for them to pass on a QB at 6.

I'd be shocked if Rosen made it to 6 and would 100% go get him at 3 or 4 if he's there but more and more I have a feeling Mayfield drops to 6 and we sit pat for him.  

I won't be shocked if Rosen fell out of top 5 and it has nothing to do with his character.  It is his nasty style of play.  While he can get rid of ball quicker and is a qb escapability, he has tendency to start to get rid of balls right in front of pursuers. He already sustained 2 concussions and shoulder surgery from this. For top 5 money and he is not as big as Allen or Big Ben/Superman, it is a lot of money to burn for nothing if he gets hurt. Money strategy may push Rosen out of top 5 as I am sure many teams will happily take Rosen outside top 10.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I won't be shocked if Rosen fell out of top 5 and it has nothing to do with his character.  It is his nasty style of play.  While he can get rid of ball quicker and is a qb escapability, he has tendency to start to get rid of balls right in front of pursuers. He already sustained 2 concussions and shoulder surgery from this. For top 5 money and he is not as big as Allen or Big Ben/Superman, it is a lot of money to burn for nothing if he gets hurt. Money strategy may push Rosen out of top 5 as I am sure many teams will happily take Rosen outside top 10.

There is no chance of this happening. He is by far the most polished of any QB in this draft and the safest as well. Giants will not pass up on him if the Browns dont select him. While I understand what you're saying, that is a complete pipe dream. He may not ever be elite, but in terms of a prospect, he checks all the boxes and has the tape. Giants are going to get a good one. 

Archived