Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It does not matter. Him not signing the tender makes it worse for himself. 

Why would he sign s tender to be in a QB battle with a guy, when there’s plenty of other teams that he can start for and still get paid.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why would he sign s tender to be in a QB battle with a guy, when there’s plenty of other teams that he can start for and still get paid.

He could sign immediately, publicly state he will not negotiate a long term deal with a team and will show up in shape ready to compete and collect his 34M. Then get paid next year.

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He could sign immediately, publicly state he will not negotiate a long term deal with a team and will show up in shape ready to compete and collect his 34M. Then get paid next year.

He or Alex Smith are too good to “compete” also there’s no way the Redskins spend over 60mill for 2 QBs. Doesn’t even make sense.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He or Alex Smith are too good to “compete” also there’s no way the Redsjins spend over 60mill for 2 QBs. Doesn’t even make sense.

Since you spelled their name offensively do you expect Redskins finally come to sense?

The trade Cousins ship has long sailed. It's too risky for the Redskins. They have $47M in cap space of which half will got to Alex Smith. What if Cousins wait to sign the tag? Now the Redskins are handcuffed in FA. And what if he waits until June to sign it? Now the Redskins are over the cap. It just gets too messy for the Redskins. Best for that franchise to move on.

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The trade Cousins ship has long sailed. It's too risky for the Redskins. They have $47M in cap space of which half will got to Alex Smith. What if Cousins wait to sign the tag? Now the Redskins are handcuffed in FA. And what if he waits until June to sign it? Now the Redskins are over the cap. It just gets too messy for the Redskins. Best for that franchise to move on.

Dunno. The contract is not out until March 14.  Redskins could cover 7-11m cap for Smith in 2018.  Still, Redskins are better off not offer him anything. Like every fan, I ain't interested in paying him to sabotage his future.

I bet Kirk goes to the Browns:

- They just tried to trade a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith but only wanted him for 1 year at $20M.

- That tells me they want to take a QB #1 overall

- If that QB is Allen like people believe it will be then he learns behind Cousins for a year

- $80M in cap after signing Cousins ($34.5M cap hit), but I don't think they'll miss out on anyone they target because of Kirks contract.

- They'd only need to give up a better pick than a 2019 late 3rd, maybe the Browns 4th rounder this year is enough. Browns will still have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds.

- They could let him walk and it wouldn't hurt their cap moving forward

- If they sign him long term then they could likely trade Josh Allen for a 1st rounder, even though it's less than the value of the pick they used on him. They trade down essentially while giving them 2 shots at a QB.

- If Cousins leaves then it's Kizer vs Allen 2019

15 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

- They just tried to trade a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith but only wanted him for 1 year at $20M.

- If that QB is Allen like people believe it will be then he learns behind Cousins for a year

- $80M in cap after signing Cousins ($34.5M cap hit), but I don't think they'll miss out on anyone they target because of Kirks contract.

- They'd only need to give up a better pick than a 2019 late 3rd, maybe the Browns 4th rounder this year is enough. Browns will still have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds.

- If they sign him long term then they could likely trade Josh Allen for a 1st rounder, even though it's less than the value of the pick they used on him. They trade down essentially while giving them 2 shots at a QB.

Mary Kay Cabot who's a very reliable Cleveland reporter said it's not happening. 

18 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm sure a factor in Cousins choosing his team will be length of contract. I doubt he wants to be a stop gap QB for a season or 2. I'd imagine he wants to finish his career with whoever he signs with.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm sure a factor in Cousins choosing his team will be length of contract. I doubt he wants to be a stop gap QB for a season or 2. I'd imagine he wants to finish his career with whoever he signs with.

Exactly. It’s between us, Denver, Minnesota or Arizona I feel. 

I have a feeling it won’t be us though if I’m honest. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No but he'll receive similar contract offers next year if he's a FA so why not collect the extra $34M to play for a team you may have already been willing to sign with?

Archived