Bears select Roschon Johnson - Rd. 4, #115 overall

beardown3231

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Nah. Walker needs to give up #15 for Johnson. Johnson is a bruising runner, great teammate, and an extremely mobile QB. 

Johnson is Chicago's Tebow. 

he's better than Tebow, needs his own # 💪

0 would look dam good  !  

Dex needs something else too, 98 sucks  !   I thought Gipson was maybe on the way out and he could take 99, double his college #9.  If TG stays then maybe 50 or 55, 98 gotta go

• Like 1

I think with Roschon getting more and more 1st team reps it only goes to show Poles & Flus view that position the way they view most...bigger, stronger, longer & if possible faster...Foreman obviously also brings that size and physicality...my guess would be the hope for Poles & Flus is Johnson takes the lead job from Herbert who stays in that dangerous change of pace role he had behind Monty last season and Foreman is the insurance policy behind Roschon (Homer behind Herbert).  

On 8/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Madmike90 said:

I think with Roschon getting more and more 1st team reps it only goes to show Poles & Flus view that position the way they view most...bigger, stronger, longer & if possible faster...Foreman obviously also brings that size and physicality...my guess would be the hope for Poles & Flus is Johnson takes the lead job from Herbert who stays in that dangerous change of pace role he had behind Monty last season and Foreman is the insurance policy behind Roschon (Homer behind Herbert).  

I think all it means is they’re getting an almost even load, so first team reps between the three makes the most sense. He’s the third head of a three headed monster 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I think all it means is they’re getting an almost even load, so first team reps between the three makes the most sense. He’s the third head of a three headed monster 

That’s where I’m at with it too. Any of our top 3 RBs I feel will be productive. Re: RoJo specifically, that he’s seemingly able to do everything where the others are more limited as receivers and in pass pro from what we’ve seen from them in previous reasons, it gives him a great chance to move up the depth chart and take a bigger chunk of the reps sooner than later. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s where I’m at with it too. Any of our top 3 RBs I feel will be productive. Re: RoJo specifically, that he’s seemingly able to do everything where the others are more limited as receivers and in pass pro from what we’ve seen from them in previous reasons, it gives him a great chance to move up the depth chart and take a bigger chunk of the reps sooner than later. 

How Notre Dame did it last year (since they do the three headed thing), whoever has the hot hand in a game gets the bulk of the carries for the game. Works well when you’re not playing a dominant team like…Marshall…

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

RBBC are all good and well but ideally you want someone to step up and take the role of the #1...not to say you can't still give pretty even reps but in the big moments you want a clear indication of who is the #1...I think they will give Johnson every opportunity to take that role.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:10 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

That's because there's no doubt: it's at QB. Fields moving to FS

Nonsense. He's going to be CB1. You see how many crap snaps he snagged from Musty? Cover2 CB with the speed to take it to the house any play.

Plus we saw him demolish a DB. I can't wait to see him truck a WR or HB that's trying to tackle him. Gonna look like a vegetarian Marshawn Lynch.

• Like 1

The thing for RJ that's pushing him up the charts is probably his pass blocking, tbh. 

Herbert statistically wasn't that far behind Monty for tough yardage, so I think that's probably a wash between him and Roschon (or at least not as big of a gap as you'd expect)..... but RJ absolutely smokes KH for pass blocking.

The other factor that could be pushing him the boards is his hands as a pass catcher. We saw him make two fairly hard catches in the preseason game last week where he had to fight take the ball out of the air. Herbert isn't known for his hands.

As far as Foreman is concerned, I actually have no idea if/where he's supposed to be on the chart, I feel like he ends up being more of an "injury insurance policy" back this year, and feel like he was mostly brought in because Roschon was a rookie.  Sadly, given the physicality of the position, I think all 3 are gonna end up getting significant time this year.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Please give Roschon 0

qb3  'The Show' SchoJo cannot stick w 30 gross  You're not rasheed wallace 

Nah. I’ve got his perfect number. 1891: the year the Swiss Army knife was invented. 1+8+9+1 =19. he’s a Swiss army player. Can hit like a hammer, run elusively, catch the ball, block, play qb, play kicker, could probably be ASST DL coach if he wanted. Now take that 19 and multiply it by 7: the amount of points he’ll score per drive from a td and the extra point he’ll kick. 133. But Ty, you can’t wear 133. So you subtract 34. Why? The last runningback we had that could do anything, play quarterback, kicker, God. Subtract 34 because he isn’t with us anymore. That leaves us with 99. Roschon Johnson’s best conceivable number is 99. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Nah. I’ve got his perfect number. 1891: the year the Swiss Army knife was invented. 1+8+9+1 =19. he’s a Swiss army player. Can hit like a hammer, run elusively, catch the ball, block, play qb, play kicker, could probably be ASST DL coach if he wanted. Now take that 19 and multiply it by 7: the amount of points he’ll score per drive from a td and the extra point he’ll kick. 133. But Ty, you can’t wear 133. So you subtract 34. Why? The last runningback we had that could do anything, play quarterback, kicker, God. Subtract 34 because he isn’t with us anymore. That leaves us with 99. Roschon Johnson’s best conceivable number is 99. 

na Hampton's number belongs on big Dex for now. 

Ro needs 0