Eagles trade for RB D'Andre Swift

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This is just getting out of hand now

This is just stupid 

I think Swift is an upgrade over Sanders am I wrong?

Health is obviously the key, but our RB room is pretty damn good now if the guys can stay healthy.

Swift, Penny, Gainwell, Scott, Sermon(who the coaches apparently love). Iron sharpens iron so seeing who comes out of camp with a role is going to be fun.

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Only if he somehow becomes a reliable 200+ carry guy, which is unlikely at this point of his career. He's still got home run ability though. I'm sure he'll at least make a handful of really good plays for the Eagles

No shot he carries the ball 200+ times for us tbh. Sanders only did it for us once in his career(last year). He will be part of a committee. Won't be a guy we are totally reliant on. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No shot he carries the ball 200+ times for us tbh.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be more of a committee than it was last year. Obviously if Penny or Swift get hurt then the other one will get a bigger workload along side Gainwell. You also have Scott too.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No shot he carries the ball 200+ times for us tbh. Sanders only did it for us once in his career(last year). He will be part of a committee. Won't be a guy we are totally reliant on. 

therefore, not an upgrade over Sanders. I'm sure he'll help them though.

Just now, Superduperman said:

therefore, not an upgrade over Sanders. I'm sure he'll help them though.

I mean I guess that just depends on your opinion of upgrade? Sanders was not appreciated here as much as other fans think. A lot of us were pretty happy he walked this year.

On paper I would say it is a lateral move. Swift has been constantly injured, but I can guarantee playing with Hurts behind our OL he will have chances to be significantly more productive than he ever was in Detroit. But we will see. Talent wise I definitely like Swift more than Sanders... how that translates to the field will be the question.