Eagles trade for RB D'Andre Swift

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Jameson_Neat said:

Oh, how does that help when he's constantly injured?

Ya the hope would be that he isn't I suppose.

For example: Swift has been constantly injured.... but IF he can be healthy...... maybe he will have a good year?

I am making some leaps in logic here though, let me know if you can't follow.

Just now, Superduperman said:

because we're talking about running backs here?

Are we talking about RB production or an overall running game's production? 

Can we acknowledge that having Jalen Hurts be your starting QB helps make the game easier for your RB by being another threat on the ground? Is this not a factor in why a fan could be hopeful an RB might have a better chance at success with the Eagles over another team?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Can we acknowledge that having Jalen Hurts be your starting QB helps make the game easier for your RB by being another threat on the ground? Is this not a factor in why a fan could be hopeful an RB might have a better chance at success with the Eagles over another team?

I mean, maybe, but it's just my opinion - not only because this is the Lions giving a player to the Eagles - that players generally are what they've shown they are within a few years, especially running backs. Finding new places doesn't usually result in them becoming something wildly different.

What will almost certainly happen here is that Swift will be part of a rotation with the Eagles, will have some nagging injuries, will look amazing at a few times (at which point everyone will make lazy jokes about the Lions because that's what they do), and at other times will have Eagles fans saying he's a bum. He'll make a dozen plays that make Sportscenter, and other times you'll wonder where he went for games at a time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Also, looking at PFF's team run blocking grades both teams were top ten, but Eagles were #3 and Lions #9, so slight advantage there.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I mean, maybe, but it's just my opinion - not only because this is the Lions giving a player to the Eagles - that players generally are what they've shown they are within a few years, especially running backs. Finding new places doesn't usually result in them becoming something wildly different.

What will almost certainly happen here is that Swift will be part of a rotation with the Eagles, will have some nagging injuries, will look amazing at a few times (at which point everyone will make lazy jokes about the Lions because that's what they do), and at other times will have Eagles fans saying he's a bum. He'll make a dozen plays that make Sportscenter, and other times you'll wonder where he went for games at a time.

Ya entirely possible. I would never guarantee that Swift will come in and be healthy for 17 games and play great in all 17. The hope is obviously he remains healthier than he has been and operates well in a committee. Same exact thing as Penny. Between Swift, Penny, Gainwell, and Scott.... the Eagles have four RB's who are likely to make the roster. I highly doubt anyone of these guys are going to carry the ball 250+ times.

We are just looking for pieces to the puzzle, not the whole picture. If we can keep Swift fresh(and hopefully healthy) maybe he can have a pretty successful year. If not? Well we have got three other guys who are perfectly capable of picking up the slack. The thing that I am excited about is the talent level which is apparent when he has been healthy and playing. 

Swift is similar to Sanders. Only difference is Miles actually stayed healthy for the first time as a Eagle last season. Swift, never has as a Lion.

If Swift can as well, production will be there. Problem is like with Penny the odds either or both miraculously stay healthy is slim!!!! That said,  I'll take 5.5yds a carry in 2023.

Potential is there but I don't trust either to remain healthy TBH. 

• Like 1