2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes a hof gm who built 2 would be dynasties.  In what world is he not a reliable evaluator.

Look at the "at least not anymore" part of that statement.   He's past his prime and has said some pretty outrageous things about prospects the past few years.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes a hof gm who built 2 would be dynasties.  In what world is he not a reliable evaluator.

He stopped making sense when he said AJ McCarron was the best QB in the draft and better trade option than Jimmy G,

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Everyone worried about the predictions need to remember.  Last year at this time it was Solomon Thomas and Jamall Adams.  Its safe to say if you have heard a media mock draft, that guy is probably not the Bears' pick.  

The year prior and Kevin White were not nearly as clandestine.

I doubt we are going to see that type of info lock down again. That would have taken serious effort and burning a bridge with your current coach.

There are about a dozen guys in this draft that I would be perfectly happy to walk away with. Whether the Bears trade up to get their guy, stay at 8, or drop back to collect picks, as long as they stay in the top 12-15 I think I'll end up being happy. There are usually a couple highly regarded players each year that I don't like, be it for performance or character reasons, but that isn't the case this year (outside of QB). Give me one of: 

Chubb, Landry, Davenport, Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Alexander, Ward, James, Fitzpatrick

Barkley, Nelson

and I'll be happy. Pass rusher is the team's biggest need, and about the only thing that would upset me is if Chubb was available when they pick and the Bears passed on him. The other pass rushers are a bit of risk and the rest of the players don't play a position of desperate need or their positions don't hold high value so I won't complain if the Bears choose one over another.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Key words "would be" dynasties.  Only 1 SB to show for it though.

The NFL has evolved from Polian's hay days.  He was definitely a good talent evaluator.  I wouldn't treat his current evaluations as gold however and I really like Davenport.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, it's kind of the Yoan Moncada argument. There's going to be people who demand greatness now, and then there will be (smart) people who realize that he's still extremely raw and needs time. The sooner people realize Davenport is a 2-3 year project, the better off they'll be in terms of tempering expectations.

The thing people need to understand though is that Pace is probably feeling increasing pressure to win now going into his 4th year as GM.  For that reason I think he's going to look for players who are more ready to step in and play now versus projects who may take a few years to develop into what their projected ceiling may be.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The guy who advocated for Manziel at 4?

Or said that the 6'3" Lamar Jackson is 'too short' to play QB.

The guy that said he had a 'first round grade' on Tom Brady.

The guy who got Peyton Manning and then wasted a decade of drafts?

He was a great GM, but Bill Polian lost his fastball a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Look at the "at least not anymore" part of that statement.   He's past his prime and has said some pretty outrageous things about prospects the past few years.

Last year, when they did the NFL Nation mock with every team's beat writer making that team's pick, he was pissed when the Chiefs writer said "they'll trade up for a QB; it's been years since they've drafted a QB." Turns out Polian was clueless.