2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

@pigsooie5 I could see Chubb/Nelson, but I don't think Chubb will be there and Nelson isn't a sure thing either to be available at 8.

I like Nelson but we've got a pretty full secondary at this point, don't you think?

I’d agree. I think unless something a little wild happens Chubb/Nelson will be gone. At that point it would be Denzel Ward as he’s the last of the tier one players with Barkley/Darnold.

When comparing him to Aldon Smith, Marcus Davenport is:

• 1.5" taller
  • faster in the 10/20/40 yard splits (0.06/0.12/0.24)
  • 2 reps of 225 lbs stronger
  • ~0.5" shorter of a vertical
  • 6" longer broad jump
  • 0.09 second faster short shuttle
  • 0.01 second slower 3-cone
  • 1.75" shorter arms

Ironically Aldon’s “tight hips” and lack of refinement are two of the same knocks on Davenport. He would certainly fit nice  with Hicks/Goldman/Floyd.

EDIT:

And RRH is gunna be one of my breakout candidates this season at DE. 

RRH- 6’7” 295

Floyd- 6’6” 251

Davenport- 6’6” 264

All surrounding two 330+lb DT’s. Talk about SIZE.

Edited by pigsooie5

22 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I can't get behind an OLB who has no bend.

Landry > Davenport all day everyday.... and twice on Sundays.

From what I've seen of them, and from what I've read, they both look like they can end up being really productive players. This could turn out to be one helluva draft, overall.

42 minutes ago, G08 said:

F it. I'm done going back and forth.

Marcus Davenport is my guy at #8.

Not a bad choice. :)

I'm starting to think that Nelson being there at #8 is almost guaranteed now, though. And with the moves Pace has made, Nelson becoming a Bear in that scenario simply makes tons of sense. I'd rather have one of a few different guys (and Sitton still on the team), but I'm making peace with Nelson...

55 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I can't get behind an OLB who has no bend.

Landry > Davenport all day everyday.... and twice on Sundays.

Landry has an elite bend, I won't knock Davenport because he doesn't have that sort of hip/ankle flexion.

Landry is closer to Von Miller while Davenport is closer to Aldon Smith. Totally different pass rushers; main difference is Davenport is still growing into his body and the position.

@Heinz D. I think Pace's board right now is Chubb/Nelson/Pass Rusher. I think Chubb is definitely gone before 8. The only way I see Nelson fall to 8 is if he makes it past the Colts at #6 (they have to protect Luck at some point and I'm of the opinion 3 QBs, Barkley and Chubb will go ahead of them). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G08 said:

@Heinz D. I think Pace's board right now is Chubb/Nelson/Pass Rusher. I think Chubb is definitely gone before 8. The only way I see Nelson fall to 8 is if he makes it past the Colts at #6 (they have to protect Luck at some point and I'm of the opinion 3 QBs, Barkley and Chubb will go ahead of them). 

As weird as it sounds, I'm starting to think all four of the top QBs go in the top five, broken up by Barkley at #4. Then Chubb goes #6, and I just don't think the Bucs can justify an offensive pick of any kind based on how that defense performed last year (and the fact they'll have Fitzpatrick/Ward/James/Edmunds/Vea staring up at them). 

I'd prefer a pass rusher, but I think Nelson will be the pick, and we'll see what happens in round 2. 

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Landry has an elite bend, I won't knock Davenport because he doesn't have that sort of hip/ankle flexion.

@Heinz D.Landry is closer to Von Miller while Davenport is closer to Aldon Smith. Totally different pass rushers; main difference is Davenport is still growing into his body and the position.

Exactly. IDC how they get to the QB, I just want them to do it - a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

E53_AA77_E-0_F21-45_F6-8_AB1-5912_D9_A95

Noteworthy for this discussion. I’m telling you if personnel people see Vic Beasley in Landry he’s got a legit shot to go in the top 10. His God given ability is through the roof. 

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see him at 8. His 2017 tape scared me off for a bit but going back to the 2016 tape, man. Just looked incredible when healthy.

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

E53_AA77_E-0_F21-45_F6-8_AB1-5912_D9_A95

Noteworthy for this discussion. I’m telling you if personnel people see Vic Beasley in Landry he’s got a legit shot to go in the top 10. His God given ability is through the roof. 

Fitzpatrick isn't always looked at as having a solid position, either. That can't help. 

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Fitzpatrick isn't always looked at as having a solid position, either. That can't help. 

Agree wholeheartedly. My suspicion is that teams may be looking at him as a safety only, which likely drops him on a lot of boards. In our case specifically, we don’t even need a safety right now provided Amos is in the long term plans (we clearly really like Jackson), and we have a ton of $ and entrenched starters already locked in at corner who are both on fresh deals with multiple years worth of guarantees yet to come. 

It’s kind of unusual because I genuinely like a lot of these EDGE guys even if the aren’t really “elite” per se. If Pace thinks Landry can be that guy and takes him at 8, I won’t be disappointed, but I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. I just don’t see given all of Pace’s previous tendencies, how he’d take Landry over Davenport. 

I keep hearing the Miller/Landry comparisons which are just so incredibly rich. Landry doesn’t have the explosion of Von Miller, nor the physicality. Combine numbers even prove that. 

Anyone think Josh Sweat could be a sleeper pick at 2(39) or later in the 2nd if Pace trades down? Seems like a supreme athlete he’d covet.