2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree. That is why I think not matching Meredith would be idiotic. Why create another need.

Well before we know what happens by tomorrow's deadline to match the offer sheet, we have to consider that maybe Pace & Nagy  feel that Meredith is not worth that kind of money given the amount they already have invested at WR and considering what they envision his role would be moving forward with this team.

Personally I'd like to see him return and wouldn't be too fond of letting him go for nothing but maybe they have their eyes on filling that position with a younger player in the draft who has as a skill set more to what they are looking for?

Edited by topwop1

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If White is #4 we might as well skip him over him and play Bellamy because he will get hurt.

This is really just a ridiculous comment. If he’s on the team he’s going to play in some capacity, whether you like it or not. That’s just reality. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

This is really just a ridiculous comment. If he’s on the team he’s going to play in some capacity, whether you like it or not. That’s just reality. 

For real. Nagy already said that they're going to tell White to play just one position and focus on all the routes that will require.

If I had to guess: bubble and tunnel screen, go route, comeback and slant.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

The 4th WR for KC had 16 targets and 14 receptions.

The 4th WR for PHI had 22 targets and 16 receptions.

A depth guy or low level FA like Inman or Kamar Aiken can adequately fill this role even if signed midseason. 

33 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

A depth guy or low level FA like Inman or Kamar Aiken can adequately fill this role even if signed midseason. 

If we are going to have someone get lower targets, I still would prefer Gabriel to get the lower ones. He can still be the deep threat and get fewer targets and a higher YPC. Meredith has a higher catch percentage with inferior QB play and receiving talent surrounding him, and while I want explosive plays having consistent play is even more important.

We discussed this a few pages back, but 16 days away, and to me there is no one that they could pick that I’d “hate.” Unless they do something ridiculous, I’d like Chubb, Barkley, Edmunds, Ward, James, Nelson, Davenport or Fitzpatrick. Obviously I’d like some more than others but I wouldn’t be pissed if it were any those guys

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Relying on him to fill a role that requires him on the field is a mistake. He is on the team because of money.

Is he is forced to play he will get hurt, it is what he does.

Lets say Robinson misses 3 games you are comfortable with

Gabriel

White, till injured

Inman

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, G08 said:

For real. Nagy already said that they're going to tell White to play just one position and focus on all the routes that will require.

If I had to guess: bubble and tunnel screen, go route, comeback and slant.

That sounds good.

It doesn’t really matter because he can’t  physically handle the punishment of playing in the NFL.

Nagy will try and resurrect some value, but this is not a coaching or talent issue, it is a can’t stay healthy issue.

Not everyone, even jacked dudes, are physically equipped to play in the NFL.

After Bradley Chubb, who is the 2nd best EDGE rusher in this draft?

Daniel Jeremiah: Marcus Davenport (improvement from day 1 of Senior Bowl to the game was obvious, he was wrecking shop. Violent, explosive, size/length. Not there now but he will get there)

Bucky Brooks: Harold Landry (elite traits, bend and burst, snap count anticipation)

Landry’s burst is awesome. The shoulder dip looks like Von Miller. 

Davenport can physical overwhelm OTs and has the length to effect the pocket even when not winning cleanly.

I really don’t know if I want either at 8, but gun to head give me Davenport. I think he compliments Floyd better.

Edited by WindyCity

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Relying on him to fill a role that requires him on the field is a mistake. He is on the team because of money.

Is he is forced to play he will get hurt, it is what he does.

Lets say Robinson misses 3 games you are comfortable with

Gabriel

White, till injured

Inman

So if he’s on the team you think he shouldn’t see the field at all? Keep him for the $ but don’t DARE ask him to do anything. In what world does that make sense, even if he may get hurt again at some point? There’s no logic to that thought process. Either pay him to go away, or he plays. Anything in between is a half measure that guarantees a total waste.

You are so scared of guys getting hurt. It’s frickin football. Guys get hurt ALL THE TIME. It’s basically totally random and can hit any guy at any time. There’s been no rhyme nor reason to White’s injuries. This isn’t a guy who’s body is kept in poor condition resulting in added susceptibility to injury. Dude is a pile of muscle on top of other muscles. His injuries aren’t in any way related to each other either. They’re all just random. A helmet to the scapula and getting rolled up on an ordinary tackle after a catch are things that can happen to any offensive skill position player at any time. Good luck finding me any guy who can get rolled up like White did in 2016 and not break his leg, and it can’t be Wolverine or a terminator. Every guy’s leg breaks on that play. Drawing any conclusions about White from that would be naive. The same kinds of concerns can be had for the likelihood of a re-injury to Meredith or Robinson or Floyd or Long. If you get down to where basically any team’s WR4-6 is playing regular snaps you’re going to see a drop off. That is REALITY. White, Inman, some mid-round rookie, some seasoned vet journeyman. Doesn’t much matter. There’s gonna be a step down. Those guys are WR4-6 for a reason. 

To answer your scenario question though I have to ask, where is Meredith? If he’s gone I already agreed we’d likely be adding a higher pick into that mix who also isn’t accounted for. I don’t think what you outline is the death sentence it would have been last year though because of Nagy and because Cohen/Burton can take on some that added weight far better than Dion Sims and Bellamy/McBride/Gentry.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So if he’s on the team you think he shouldn’t see the field at all? Keep him for the $ but don’t DARE ask him to do anything. In what world does that make sense, even if he may get hurt again at some point? There’s no logic to that thought process. Either pay him to go away, or he plays. Anything in between is a half measure that guarantees a total waste.

You are so scared of guys getting hurt. It’s frickin football. Guys get hurt ALL THE TIME. It’s basically totally random and can hit any guy at any time. There’s been no rhyme nor reason to White’s injuries. 

Well...they should pay him to go away, but it certainly seems like that isn't in their plans, seeing as how they've been discussing how they're going to use him in the media. 

Most of the time you'd be right regarding injuries and their frequency (and so forth), but with White they've all been bone breaks, have they not? Sorry dude, but Windy is right, and it's not that he's afraid White is going to get hurt, but he's convinced White is going to get hurt, and that's the most reasonable way to look at things. 

3 minutes ago, dbears1 said:

Thank you. I've been saying that too. You have to play White and hope for the best. Hopefully he realizes his potential. 

Actually, no. They don't have to play him. But I agree that if they do, it would be nice if he excels. 

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...they should pay him to go away, but it certainly seems like that isn't in their plans, seeing as how they've been discussing how they're going to use him in the media. 

Most of the time you'd be right regarding injuries and their frequency (and so forth), but with White they've all been bone breaks, have they not? Sorry dude, but Windy is right, and it's not that he's afraid White is going to get hurt, but he's convinced White is going to get hurt, and that's the most reasonable way to look at things. 

Actually, no. They don't have to play him. But I agree that if they do, it would be nice if he excels. 

I won’t disagree with the sentiment that they should just cut their ties after getting nothing the past 3 years. That’d be a fully justified move. But if they’re going the other way then that’s the other way. Keeping him only to not play him is illogical. How do you justify that? That would be literally wasting a roster spot. Even if the team thinks he’s gonna get hurt again - if he earns the reps then you play the guy until he can’t play any more. 

Regarding if/when he will get hurt though, there hasn’t been anything reported that White has some kind of bone disorder making him more susceptible to bone injuries than the average guy. I deal with orthopedic medical experts on a regular basis in my job and have for years - past fractures to unrelated bones are not predictive of future potential fractures absent other factors, and White has no known medical predisposition for breaking bones. If there was something there like that we’d almost surely know about it by now and he almost surely would never again pass an NFL physical to be allowed to return to action. White may very well get hurt again in 2018 but his history with the other fractures won’t have anything to do with it. 

15 hours ago, G08 said:

Actually, I heard Pace verbally said they would match GB's contract but didn't actually sign it until the last minute. #SAVAGE

Yeah, great comment. I read that too & it's the one thing still giving me hope that Pace could possibly just be waiting till the last day to match Meredith. My mind is saying this probably isn't the case, but my heart is praying it is. Here's the link to that thread about Pace not filing the paperwork until the 5th day:

https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/status/978807909797810176

Btw, this is my 1st post.. Been following the topics in this forum for a few years, and always learn a lot from everyone's input. You guys do a nice job with all the discussions on here, and for the most part it doesn't get too heated lol, which I give you guys credit for - it's not always easy when everyone's passionate about how they feel.

The Meredith situation has really been getting on my nerves. It just wouldn't make any sense to let him go. We've had such a tremendous offseason and it would be a shame to see this happen... I was wondering if any of you guys have thought much about what could be going on between Loomis & Pace. I remember reading they stayed good friends after Pace left. It's a very curious situation because I would tend to believe they probably spoke to each other about Meredith.. It seems to me like they're either still good buddies & Loomis knew if Pace would match or not (which would mean Cam's a goner) ... OR they could really be competing vs each other & Pace might stick it to him on the 5th day. I'm really hoping he's not just giving a gift to his old pal for some weird reason  .. I suppose we may never know the full reasoning if he lets him go.. but he has to know that even if this isn't the 2016 Cam, our new offense would still have a much higher ceiling with him than w/o him... God knows it doesn't make any sense to actually rely on K White

15 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Concur... as we go into 3 years of Pace my feelings towards him are getting more settled, and they're very...complex.  He's like an awesome neighbor, who's tons of fun, but 1 night a week he blocks your driveway  and his garage has like 10000watt lights...  

He had a great draft last year, had an ambitious and organized coaching hire, great coaching staff, great WR haul in FA. BUT. He's also created a big need at guard for seemingly no reason, hasn't filled it in FA, and now seems be dithering on an obvious keeper candidate after passing on the 2nd rd tender which would have either a) kept everyone away or b) gotten an unlikely pick bonus.  

At some point this season we're going to have an injury on the OL and we're all going to be thinking "hey whats Sitton up to?"  I hope we're also not watching Meredite go for 900yds in NO while Kevin White catches his own severed leg. 

Lmao dude I loved this analogy. Definitely gave me a chuckle, and I agree with you - If he doesn't match Cam, I'm gonna pound my head against the wall. However, if he does, I'm never gonna doubt him again. He gained my respect last year when he took Mitch. I was one of the few ppl who actually was jumping up & down with joy when they picked him, & had no problem with us giving up the draft picks to ensure we got him. He was basically the only guy I reeeally desired, but I was completely shocked like everyone else when they actually took him. .. I know most people on this forum preferred Watson for QB.. & it looks like you guys definitely knew what you were talking about. That dude was like watching a living video game last year until he got hurt. But I still like our guy & want see the Nagy offense take off. ... just hoping Cam's a part of it. 

Edited by Trubiskytime
  • Like 4