2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

There are 3 tiers of non-QBs as I see it

1. Chubb, Nelson, Barkley

2. Ward, James, Roquan, Edmunds, Maybe Davenport

The top 3 I expect will be gone.

If you Trade Down you need to be okay with missing on the next group as well. I am not sure how I feel about missing on that group.

I think their are elite players later in round 1, but they play OG/C and that is not super flashy.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If you Trade Down you need to be okay with missing on the next group as well. I am not sure how I feel about missing on that group.

I think their are elite players later in round 1, but they play OG/C and that is not super flashy.

The Bears do need an OG or C.  If the Bears don't get OLB and ILB help they will regress on defense. Both those depth charts look bad for a base 3-4 team.

• Like 1

Haven't posted much this year due to lots of work. One player i am surpised isn't getting more love to the bears is derwin james. Dude fits the Pace mold and it seems a lot are projecting him as a corner similar to his former teammate, Jalen Ramsey. He put up incredible numbers at the combine too.

6'2", 215 lbs

4.47 40yd dash

11 foot broad

40 inch vert

Can someone please tell me what i am missing with him? Again, i havent got to do hardly any digging this year but everything i have seen has screamed Pace pick. 

54 minutes ago, Blaize4488 said:

Haven't posted much this year due to lots of work. One player i am surpised isn't getting more love to the bears is derwin james. Dude fits the Pace mold and it seems a lot are projecting him as a corner similar to his former teammate, Jalen Ramsey. He put up incredible numbers at the combine too.

6'2", 215 lbs

4.47 40yd dash

11 foot broad

40 inch vert

Can someone please tell me what i am missing with him? Again, i havent got to do hardly any digging this year but everything i have seen has screamed Pace pick. 

I don't think he has consistently  performed at the college level to his measureables. Ramsey was a better player in college.Though i have heard that he will come off the board before Fitzpatrick.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Still think on draft day that Chubb, Nelson and barkley are off the board at #8.

On list #2 who do you project as an All-pro?  Edmunds has huge upside but questions about instincts. Ward is athletic but short for a corner especially to be picked top 10. Roquan has better instincts then Edmunds but questionable size for a top 10 pick. Is he  a guy who you can matchup in the receiving game on RB's and TE's as the NFL is becoming such pass happy that if he can is a plus. More and more teams are starting ILB's who are 225-235 pounds. For the other OLB spot the Bears need a bigger guy who can also rush the passer. Is Davenport that guy to pair with Floyd?

I will believe the Bears trade down when i see it. This never happens. They would need Rosen to fall to 8. I would be shocked is someone trades up for Lamar Jackson.

7 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Still think on draft day that Chubb, Nelson and barkley are off the board at #8.

On list #2 who do you project as an All-pro?  Edmunds has huge upside but questions about instincts. Ward is athletic but short for a corner especially to be picked top 10. Roquan has better instincts then Edmunds but questionable size for a top 10 pick. Is he  a guy who you can matchup in the receiving game on RB's and TE's as the NFL is becoming such pass happy that if he can is a plus. More and more teams are starting ILB's who are 225-235 pounds. For the other OLB spot the Bears need a bigger guy who can also rush the passer. Is Davenport that guy to pair with Floyd?

I will believe the Bears trade down when i see it. This never happens. They would need Rosen to fall to 8. I would be shocked is someone trades up for Lamar Jackson.

The noise is getting louder and louder that Rosen will be the guy to fall, and a team definitely would be looking to move up for him.

1 hour ago, Blaize4488 said:

6'2", 215 lbs

4.47 40yd dash

11 foot broad

40 inch vert

Aside from a lack of INT’s, nothing. I’d like that pick

18 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Or Barkley...

That being said it's also "lying season" and Pace strikes me as the kind of guy who would make sure his trade attempts where not heard about.

Draft needs to get here already.

No Thanks that tradeup would cost the Bears their 2nd round pick since they don't have a 3rd. Especially for Nelson. Who doesn't rush the passer at all? OLB is Leonard Floyd(who is injury prone) and a bunch of stiffs.

4 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

No Thanks that tradeup would cost the Bears their 2nd round pick since they don't have a 3rd. Especially for Nelson. Who doesn't rush the passer at all? OLB is Leonard Floyd(who is injury prone) and a bunch of stiffs.

Both of our two 4ths, to move from 8 to 6, according to the trade chart.

57 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Both of our two 4ths, to move from 8 to 6, according to the trade chart.

That is a little better. It would have to be for Chubb though unless Nelson plays tackle. Don't think you trade two picks  for a G.

Incarceratedbob is a BS artist. Tweets a bunch of crap and when he's wrong he goes back and deletes the evidence.

All that being said, I don't see any way in which Pace trades up in this draft. He shot his gun last year for Biscuit and isn't going to cost this team any more draft picks (IMO anyway).

I think if Nelson's there he will be the pick (Chubb would be his top choice IMO but I don't think he'll be there). If anything we might trade down to 11 or 12 if Miami or Buffalo wants to make a deal.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Independent of my obvious Bears bias and interest, I wanna see Cleveland throw everything off kilter by taking Chubb 1... and then Lamar Jackson at 4. 

???

When you think about it, if they decide they don’t want Barkley, they can take Chubb at 1 and still get Darnold, Allen, or Mayfield at 4