> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/story/_/id/39921396/2024-nfl-draft-risers-jj-mccarthy-patrick-paul-ben-sinnott

Anyone heard of this kid?

Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto Argonauts (CFL)

Scouts Inc. ranking: None

How far he climbed boards: No player in the draft process may have climbed more. Stiggers would be only the third player in the common draft era to be selected without playing in college. He has played in the Fan Controlled Football League and was the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie last season. He was scheduled to attend Lane College after high school, but the pandemic and the death of his father derailed those plans. He worked several jobs, including DoorDash, before being signed by the Argonauts.

Turning point: This is the first year he is eligible for the draft -- at least three years removed from high school. His season with the Argonauts (53 tackles, five interceptions) combined with a high-quality week at the Shrine Bowl has given him a chance to be a Day 3 pick.

Why he rose: His pro day in Atlanta last month drew 29 team representatives, and at 5-11, 204 pounds, he was clocked by some scouts at 4.46 in the 40-yard dash. Couple that with the physicality he showed in 2023 as the youngest player on the field much of the time and at the Shrine, and he should hear his name called in Detroit.

What they're saying: "He's pushed harder to get to this point than most guys. You're not going to have to worry about drive or how much he loves football; he's already done what a lot of guys won't.'' -- NFC general manager

37 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Kiper and Yates did a three round Mock Draft. They had us going:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

Wouldn't be happy with Mims but the other two, especially Cooper I'd like. Melton feels like a good player but a little too tweener for me.

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

I can live with Mims if we're coming away with Melton and Cooper

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

Mims makes no sense for us. Too tall to play RG, and too early to take Lanes replacement unless he told our FO this is his last year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

I am mentally preparing for it to be Barton, Mims or Guyton in the first but man do I really hope they go in a different direction this year.

16 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I am mentally preparing for it to be Barton, Mims or Guyton in the first but man do I really hope they go in a different direction this year.

If we take Barton in the first, Howie is officially a clown

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

That would be great to spend the 22nd pick on a guy with 8 starts in college.

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

22. Amarius Mims

50. Max Melton

53. Edgerrin Cooper

I would literally throw up if this is what we come away with.  A bit of a project as Lanes replacement and can't play games in the 1st?  Then Melton at 50?  Nothing against Melton but he's not a top 50 pick.  That would be a horrible draft even with us winding up with Cooper.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I would literally throw up if this is what we come away with.  A bit of a project as Lanes replacement and can't play games in the 1st?  Then Melton at 50?  Nothing against Melton but he's not a top 50 pick.  That would be a horrible draft even with us winding up with Cooper.

This outcome would permanently make me less excited for future drafts. Luckily it's a a crappy uninformed espn mock so it makes total sense.

52 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Verse - higher floor vs Latu - higher ceiling.

Who do you guys think has the better career?

If Latu stay healthy, he is better, but not by a ton.

Edited by babyatemydingo

I have always been a fan of converting corners to safety.
This year I am highly considering the opposite.

Look at the secondary:

Slay, Ringo, MacPhearson
Bradberry, Ricks, Jobe
Maddox, Hall, (Rodgers), Goodrich, Mullen

Gardner-Johnson*, McCollum
Blankenship, Brown-x, Garner

(suspended, not yet eligible)
* also plays slot CB
x - injury return

The Eagles have two starting safeties and two deep reserves.
One of the safeties is expected to double in the slot.
That gives the Eagles 11 1/2 CB's.
Yeah, some guys won't play a snap.
But, there's a lot to work out at CB and see if anyone develops significantly.
They have far less at safety.

Enter Cooper DeJean.
I firmly believe he could start at safety.
He could be that centerfielder who plays facing the action as he has a tremendous break on the ball and takes good angles.
He is also no slouch at tackling.
The other plus is that if and when Brown comes back and Slay and/or Bradberry leave, he could conceivably slide over to CB.

I have long been a proponent of taking Jackson Powers-Johnson.
I love his tenacity and how it translates into the game.
However, I may have been a little impatient with Cam Jergens.
And if Jergens can play center at a high level, the Eagles could get a starting guard or a G to T at 50 or 53.

If the Eagles nab DeJean they can cure an immediate ill and position themselves for the future.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Verse vs Latu.

Who do you guys think has the better career?

tough one, Latu comes in already having one of the better move sets but the injury is obviously a big asterisk.

I’ll say Verse, though I totally get the Latu love. And why someone might put him above.

Hate that they are both going to be 24 this season. That kinda makes you wary too, are they already maxed out and took advantage of that gap in school? Looking at the two side by side if I had to say that was maybe more of the case for one…I’d say Latu benefited in a way that he won’t in the NFL. Shorter arms, advanced hand usage has a counter way more in the league when you are playing mostly long athletic freaks every week.

I do like that Latu fought back to play, just like I like Verse’s story of how he got to FSU. So haven’t had too much negative mindset stuff that helps sway things.

As I said up top personal preference, I’ll take Verse as the better career pick. Already way ahead on the power side of things and he isn’t totally devoid of the bend, agility or hand moves those sorta prospects typically lack. Think that translates to longer more productive careers. Just throwing out the injury stuff for Latu here because that makes it an all the more easier choice.

Latu: More dependent on situation but a higher boom potentially if he can develop more power or just allowed to rush upfield with advantage outside.

Verse: Should be able to fit wherever, has a higher floor to me. Longer frame/arms than a lot of guys who usually fall in this camp.

Latu is more of an ornamental finishing piece for a team than Verse, who I can see being a pillar type player…even if his sack numbers aren’t as high as Latu. Does a lot more for you.